Real to sign Hamit Altintop

gokhancalis

Reaction score
The 28-year old Turkish midfielder won the 2010 FIFA Puskas Award
Realmadrid.com

Hamit Altintop joins Real Madrid by way of Schalke 04 and most recently Bayern Munich. He won one German League Cup (DFL-Ligapokal) with the first and two Bundesliga titles, two German Cups (DFP-Pokal) and two German Super Cups (Premiere Ligapokal / DFL-Ligapokal) with the Bavarian powerhouse. In 2010 the now 28-year old earned the FIFA Puskas Award for his volley against Kazakhstan in a Euro 2012 qualifier. Other individual accolades include being named to the UEFA Euro 2008 Team of the Tournament.

Altintop was born on 8 December 1982 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, but as a Turkish citizen has been capped 64 caps times and scored six goals for Turkey. He is a versatile midfielder who can play on either end of the pitch as well as on either flank. Altintop spent his early days Schwarz-Weis Gelgenkirchen, Tus Rotthausen and Wattenscheid 09 before spending four seasons at Shalke 04 and later signing for Bayern Munich is 2007.

In 2005/06 he scored his only Champions League goal while on duty with Schalke, and four seasons later with Bayern he was named Man-of-the-Match in the first leg of the quarterfinal tie against Manchester United.

The first time Altintop set foot on the Bernabeu turf was for the 2009/10 Champions League final against Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan. He has played in 14 matches and scored two goals for Bayern this season.

HONORS
W/ Bayern Munich:
Bundesliga: 2008, 2010
German Cup: 2008, 2010
German Super Cup: 2010
German League Cup: 2007

W/ Schalke 04:
German League Cup: 2005

Real Madrid C.F. - Official Web Site - Hamit Altintop to play for Real Madrid

great news for all turkish fans,
very unexpected as i thought we would have opted to go back to turkey,
good luck to the lad :)

awesome, turkish players in Real. nur sahin and hamit. :)

mourihino is changing the Real madrid, in good way. future stars!!!

I'd say there's at least a 50% chance Real will kill his career.

He couldnt get in the Bayern side so he has joined a side that has more competition for places?? I hope it works out for him but i dont see that being the case.

He'l actually have more chances in Real because he will replace Di Maria not Robben/Ribery