Recreating Sir Alex Ferguson's (2012) Counter Tactic in Football Manager 2015

i used the attacking version in the champs league with arsenal and it went quiet bad ended up drawing 2 - 2 with zenit but they dominated me

I'm sorry about that...BUT Zenit are not a weak team. You should use the Counter version in tough games

That achievement with west ham is amazing, did you make any tweaks during the games? What do you mean when you say you study the opposition, do you make any changes?

Going to give this a go with Forest ... its exactly the type of tactic/style i have been looking for

what version would u recomend me playing with chelsea. btw ur tactic looks great, i think it will suit chelsea very much.

what version would u recomend me playing with chelsea. btw ur tactic looks great, i think it will suit chelsea very much.

Depending on the game, I'll always prefer the counter version for a start. Then switching to a more attacking one as the match goes on. The attacking version is not that good defensively...at least for now. That's why I want to play as Everton, to make it better defensively

That achievement with west ham is amazing, did you make any tweaks during the games? What do you mean when you say you study the opposition, do you make any changes?

1. Scout reports are very much important. I look out for their weak points and try to counter them from there. That's where Downing was very important for me because he was my star player in the first half of the season until he got injured. I put him against the weaker fullback on in matches against opposition who play a 2-man midfield.

2. You have to make sure that your players' morale is always through press conferences, monthly team meetings, praising the better performers and also criticizing (or even fining) the weak performers

I'm sorry about that...BUT Zenit are not a weak team. You should use the Counter version in tough games
Ohh im so stupid i didnt read it fully im gunna give the tactics a try with someone else. do you think this will work with the lower leagues?

Nice tactics but cant make the striker score. Tried 3 players in the position and they miss most of the ccc, usually rating 6.4/6.5 every match.

Anyone having this issue? Thought about changing the role to Advanced Forward, but that was ineffective.

Nice tactics but cant make the striker score. Tried 3 players in the position and they miss most of the ccc, usually rating 6.4/6.5 every match.

Anyone having this issue? Thought about changing the role to Advanced Forward, but that was ineffective.

I'm currently working on that. I noticed the same thing in my Everton save so I started another save with Dortmund to try and fix it...and also create a really good "ATTACKING" version of it

I can't seem to get the files to work, they aren't discovered when put into the tactics folder, because they are of the .fmf file instead of .tac

how do I solve this? :)

OI's didnt come upon downloading, mind posting them as screenshot?

Don't work :/. I play West Ham and... 8-4-3 (+6 goal), but 5 position is good.
You must play SAVE/LOAD ;).
Leicester - West Ham 4-1... no comment.
I play your tactic COUNTER.

Last edited:
Don't work :/. I play West Ham and... 8-4-3 (+6 goal), but 5 position is good.
You must play SAVE/LOAD ;).
Leicester - West Ham 4-1... no comment.
I play your tactic COUNTER.

So you are telling me that an 'IN-FORM' West Ham can't win Leicester City 4-1???

Thanks for the compliment

Last edited:
OI's didnt come upon downloading, mind posting them as screenshot?

I generally close down full-backs and all players from Central Midfielders to Strikers except defensive midfielders.
I tackle hard on very good Dribblers and people with Long shots
Then for the players who are not that great with both feet, i show them unto their weaker foot.

NEVER
mark quick players tightly (17+ acceleration and pace) or you will deeply regret it. Like Walcott, Zaha. I did it with Zaha and he messed me up

Also close down goalkeepers and show them unto their weaker foot to try and force a mistake

I can't seem to get the files to work, they aren't discovered when put into the tactics folder, because they are of the .fmf file instead of .tac

Try reloading the game.
Also, in which folder did you put the file?

When your choosing your tactics go to manage tactics, at the bottom of the menu and then click on import, go to your tactics folder, choose the tactic and click ok. Then when you go to change your tactic again it should be at the top of the drop down menu :)