Recreating Sir Alex Ferguson's (2012) Counter Tactic in Football Manager 2015

I'm currently working on that. I noticed the same thing in my Everton save so I started another save with Dortmund to try and fix it...and also create a really good "ATTACKING" version of it

Hey mate,

I'm trying to tweak that also. It seems that the ST keeps passing the ball instead of moving for goal. I'm trying to force him for a more agressive role. Maybe this way they start to hit the target.

I know a tactic cant be a 100% plug n play, but considering this ST issue, u've made a **** of a job here. Other players are getting into the game. Well done and ty!

Thank you for this tactic it has worked fine with me I am currently using Fergie Control I have so far won every pre-season game & won my first game of the season. Taken a 6-2 lead into the 2nd leg of the Champions League playoffs

Thank you for this tactic it has worked fine with me I am currently using Fergie Control I have so far won every pre-season game & won my first game of the season. Taken a 6-2 lead into the 2nd leg of the Champions League playoffs

nice.
I think i have already found a better control version. Now working on a 'Direct-Football' attacking tactic

agieluma I Play your tactic 1st season... Counter Version
WEST HAM ... 6 position
next game:
Newcastle ... 7 position

Explain to me how you achieved these results? (sorry my english is poor)

This has not worked for me at lower league level. I have used AFC Wimbledon in The English Football League 2 and in 9 games I have won 2, drew 3 and lost 4 as well as indifferent pre season form. Perhaps best used at clubs with better abilities.

Having tried this with Schalke Gelsenkirchen I have to say it is very, very good. The only exception being the Striker issue, regularly performing poorly.

I used counter version. I played with West Ham. After 15 games in EPL I was on 20th place.

Where I was wrong?

I'm so sorry guys that I've been away for long and have not been replying. I'm currently taking my mid-semester exams (I'm a 3rd year medical student) and I've not had as much time as before. Hopefully, in less than 1 week or two I'll be back. Please bear with me

Just to update... I had a hugely successful 1st season with Schalke winning the title on the last day of the season, and only lost the cup final on penalties.
Into my second season and joint at the top of the table with Bayern at the half way point of the season. Finding the 2nd season much tougher to break teams down, and not only are my strikers under performing but the AM is now often under performing too. And Julian Draxler, one of my last seasons top players in the world, isn't hitting the same heights. But I'm putting all this down to the fact that everyone raises their game to play the league champions and also the AI working things out. Also - despite the issue of the strikers, I bought Jonathon Soriano from Red Bull Salzburg who still scored 18 in all competitions last season and has racked up 11 at the half way point in this so its not the end of the world.

All in all a great tactic.

Just to update... I had a hugely successful 1st season with Schalke winning the title on the last day of the season, and only lost the cup final on penalties.
Into my second season and joint at the top of the table with Bayern at the half way point of the season. Finding the 2nd season much tougher to break teams down, and not only are my strikers under performing but the AM is now often under performing too. And Julian Draxler, one of my last seasons top players in the world, isn't hitting the same heights. But I'm putting all this down to the fact that everyone raises their game to play the league champions and also the AI working things out. Also - despite the issue of the strikers, I bought Jonathon Soriano from Red Bull Salzburg who still scored 18 in all competitions last season and has racked up 11 at the half way point in this so its not the end of the world.

All in all a great tactic.

Same thing happened to me in the second season of the West Ham save on which I made this post. I think the game was made in a way that opposition teams step up their games based on the seeding.., and I guess complacency of other teams help me in my save

My tweaks

It took me a lot of seasons to move Stockport County to the top flight. As a really small team, i definitely needed a defensive counter tactic. Tried to create one but desperately failed, also couldn't find one ..

This tactic was finally one that made my team defend well.

Only problem (and it seems i wasn't the only one): Attacking midfielder and striker were playing really inconsistent.
Changes I made: Striker is not a poacher but a deep forward (i use the dutch version, so i guess this is the right description). The attacking midfielder, I moved him to the center and made him a Roaming playmaker.

Works a lot better for me !! (failed to make a screenshot)

It took me a lot of seasons to move Stockport County to the top flight. As a really small team, i definitely needed a defensive counter tactic. Tried to create one but desperately failed, also couldn't find one ..

This tactic was finally one that made my team defend well.

Only problem (and it seems i wasn't the only one): Attacking midfielder and striker were playing really inconsistent.
Changes I made: Striker is not a poacher but a deep forward (i use the dutch version, so i guess this is the right description). The attacking midfielder, I moved him to the center and made him a Roaming playmaker.

Works a lot better for me !! (failed to make a screenshot)

great to hear

Iv tried this tactic and i find it quite good but im trying to tweek it as i feel the striker doesnt score enough with the chances created. i have also taken on board your thread about tactics along with the thread on Attack, Defend, Counter, Control. Just need to get it to work with the players i have! im Man Utd btw :)

im also in a west ham save using attacking/highly structured - i find that run at defence and direct passing works, noticed your using run at defence in a control tactic - that seems to contradict what your trying to do? Just something i picked up on mate :)

im also in a west ham save using attacking/highly structured - i find that run at defence and direct passing works, noticed your using run at defence in a control tactic - that seems to contradict what your trying to do? Just something i picked up on mate :)

thanks. I'll keep that in mind

In his recent interview he mentioned how if he was losing/drawing last fifteen minutes or so he'd throw everyone forward, so Overload?