Thank you mate I appreciate you taking the time man. Wish I still had a job where I could do that lol! Aye I prefer to read a backround story myself so I like to incorporate one when writing my own. I enjoy the story writing part of it the most so I'm always thinking up new bonkers ideas! Thanks again.

Im sure I'll get caught one day! Lol. Looking forward to the next twist in the tale of long lost son

Good bit of form over the last few months, KIU

Aye it's picked up at a perfect time hasn't it! Cheers ;)

Im sure I'll get caught one day! Lol. Looking forward to the next twist in the tale of long lost son

Haha, hopefully not! Shall be telling that tale soon enough!

Got a bit sidetracked from this again recently but with a promotion push up for grabs I'm thinking of playing again and updating tomorrow!

View attachment 89759
April/May roundup

View attachment 89758

We headed into our final five games of the season knowing that the momentum was with us due to our great run of form lately. We didn't start the season as promotion contenders but we have well and truly battled our way into contention at the final furlong. We could even win the title. We followed up from our recent match against Airdrie with another five goal haul in our next match. This time it was Inverness and this time it was without reply from the opposition! We were outstanding from start to finish and Steven Ross was as clinical as ever with his hat-trick ensuring we ran riot. Unfortunately despite being the better team against Dundee United, by far, we were unable to get the win which would have allowed us to narrow the gap on Kilmarnock and Dundee United themselves. We got back to winning ways against Ross County in our next match as Ross grabbed a double against the club who developed him as a youngster. What followed was devastating though as we knew that victory over a free falling Kilmarnock would see us leapfrog them and Dundee United to the top of the league. It wasn't to be. Worse still.. We were 3-0 ahead courtesy of goals by Ross and Dario Zanetta all before the hour mark. I don't know what happened next as we threw it all away and let Kilmarnock back into the game and also threw away our chance of the title. It was ohh so close but yet so far. Our final match of the season was a no contest but a dead rubber all the same. I can't not mention the fact that Steven Ross has scored ten in his last five matches! Unbelievable signing from the day he arrived until now. It's forty-seven goals in forty-six games this season and it's not over yet. We have finished third in the league and will face Ross County in the play-offs.

View attachment 89757

View attachment 89756
Ladbrokes Championship promotion playoff first leg

Ross County V Clyde

View attachment 89755

It was time to get the lads heads back up again after we failed to grab the title late on and what better way to do that than to gain promotion regardless? Well, that's the plan. Our first leg of the promotion play-offs is away from home against Ross County and despite the odds being in our favour I was a little dubious. Things didn't get off to the best of starts when Conor Bell went off injured after ten minutes to be replaced by Daniel Harvie. However, that minor setback early on didn't really affect us as we were steam rolling County before eventually taking the lead on the fortieth minute. It was substitute left back Harvie who was the provider as he laid off Calvin Miller who blasted past the County 'keeper; Ryan Fulton. As we geared towards half time happy to be one up we only went and scored another didn't we! Zanetta the scorer this time and Kenny Anderson the provider. Clearly looking to prove they were no mugs Ross County came flying out the traps and scored just three minutes into the second half courtesy of a Laurence Shankland wonder strike. Fortunately for us that was about all they could muster up as we managed to hold out for the 2-1 win which gives us a great advantage going into the second leg. The most surprising thing about the game was Steven Ross inability to score as I was starting to think it was a sure thing every match nowadays!

View attachment 89754
Ladbrokes Championship promotion play off second leg

Clyde V Ross County

View attachment 89753

After our narrow lead in the first leg against Ross County we went into this one as the bookmakers odds on favourites but what a struggle this is going to be as Amadeusz Skrzyniarz, Conor Bell and Kevin McDonald were all ruled out through injury and suspension. That meant that James Atkinson, Daniel Harvie and Liam Burt came into the side. We didn't have to wait to long for a goal as it came on the fifteenth minute when Kenny Anderson let fly from outside the box after a Euan Leighton cross. It was 2-0 soon after as Jack Blake's corner was slung around like a game of pinball in the box before Lawrence Shankland duly converted past his own goalkeeper. Tim Chow wanted in on the action though and from a corner he managed to head past the opposition goalkeeper unlike Shankland, 2-1. It was the turn of our right back to get injured in the first half against County as Leighton had to go off to be replaced by Lewis Kidd. The second half started off as the first finished.. With all out action! From a through ball by Liam Burt Calvin Miller made it 3-1 from an impossible angle. With Ross County on the break and looking to grab one back Callum Morris went through James Craigen and blootered the ball up the park towards Calvin Miller who seized the ball and crossed for Steven Ross who was never going to miss! We decided to see the game out and switch to a defensive mentality for the remainder of the game. We cruised this one and the match finished at 4-1, 6-2 on aggregate.

View attachment 89752

View attachment 89277

Ladbrokes Championship promotion play off second round first leg

Clyde
V Dundee United

View attachment 89276

It's third versus second in the league in this promotion play off first leg as we face Dundee United hoping to get the advantage over them this time around after losing out in the league. We will again be missing Amedeusz Skrzyniarz, Conor Bell and Kevin McDonald whilst Euan Leighton has also added to the list. The very versatile Fraser Aird steps up to the plate in Leighton's absence in the only change to the side that thrashed Ross County last time out. As we get this game underway with Steven Ross and Dario Zanetta it is ourselves who are favourites and I hope we can do that tag justice. Disaster strikes fifteen minutes into the game as Ali Coote's drilled ball along goal takes a deflection off of Liam Burt and we go one down to an own goal. Wait, no, it's offside! PHEW! Moments after that scare and we've regained possession with Aird who throws the ball to Burt from a shy, It's Burt with a chipped through ball to Calvin Miller who nods it onto Steven Ross and now it's Ross with the cross... Zanetta scores!! It's 1-0 to Clyde as we take full advantage of United's disallowed goal to grab a legit one of our own. Despite taking the lead we couldn't kick on in the remainder of the first half as an end to end midfield battle ensued up until the break. Around the fifty minute mark I decided to withdraw the impressive Darren O'Dea as he was on a booking and I didn't want to take the risk of going a man down, Matthew Russell replaces him. Never going to know if we conceded directly after that as a result but we did, Ryan Hardie swings the ball in and Fraser Fornby equalises minutes after our substitution. Fearing the worst I told the lads to switch it up and play it on the counter whilst demanding much more from them at the same time. Inspired change as we kicked on immediately to peg United back courtesy of Zanetta's curling shot outside the box which deflected off of Luke Watt, our lead is restored! United on the break straight afterwards though.. It's Fornby on the wing.. Crosses to Aaron Splaine who has the goal in his sights... Callum Morris and Fraser Aird combine to clear though! This is some game. Robbie Crawford comes on for the tiring Kenny Anderson. As we approach the final ten minutes of play it's time for us to shut up shop and defend our lead. Burt has picked up a knock now and will leave the field of play to be replaced by Kris Doolan which hopefully wastes some time as we near the final whistle. We've done it! We've passed the first hurdle against Dundee United and leave with a 2-1 victory which we will take into our next match where we'll be the away side this time and we'll face a much tougher time of it I expect.

View attachment 89275
Ladbrokes Championship promotion play off second round second leg

Dundee United V Clyde

View attachment 89274

We are just ninety minutes away from playing in our final two matches of the season that could end up in us gaining promotion. First things first though, we have to overcome Dundee United before even contemplating playing St. Johnstone. We will be in for a much tougher game this time as United have the home advantage but as long as we play to our strength's we should see this one out. Due to his injury picked up in the last match Liam Burt has been recalled from loan by Rangers and will miss the remainder of our games. Darren O'Dea will also miss out due to picking up too many cards this season. On the plus side, Kevin McDonald returns and will take the place of Liam Burt which is actually a step up in ability anyway. After a cagey first twenty minutes we finally get a shot away and it was a bad one.. Steven Ross crossed in for Dario Zanetta who had an open net to head into but somehow missed! That could come back on us that. Or maybe not! Kevin McDonald plays an exquisite through ball to Ross and Ross nets his forty-eighth goal of the season, yes, forty eighth!! The talents of Fraser Fornby continued to shine for Dundee United as just minutes after our goal he nods a shot off of the bar in what was another let off for us. Is it all over for United in this game? It may well be now! Calvin Miller with the ball on the counter and he's laid it on a plate for Ross who converts his second goal of the match. Our counter attacking approach has killed Dundee United here. We now lead 4-1 on aggregate and United will need to score four goals now. United come flying out of the traps in the second half and Gavin Reilly scores to put us on edge. They then waited until the eighty-seventh minute to score another but it's surely to late isn't it? It is!! Go on lads you little belters!! St. Johnstone, you want some? We'll give it ya.

View attachment 89273

View attachment 89272
Ladbrokes Premiership relegation playoff final first leg

Clyde
V St. Johnstone

View attachment 89271

It's fair to say that this will be the toughest game of my managerial career to date. Only St. Johnstone now stand in our way as we look to gain promotion to the top division of Scottish football for the first time in forty-five years. Somehow we are the odds on favourites for this one but I'm cursing the bookmakers for putting that pressure on us. We will, however, be looking to take advantage of a team that has won just three games in their last eighteen as, in comparison, we're unbeaten in fourteen. We were able to name an unchanged side from last time out and that is another thing that we hope goes in our favour. "Now lads I know we have been made the favourites for this tie but don't let that pressure affect you, I just want you to go out there and give our long suffering fans a great match to cheer on, I have faith in you." my team talks are getting better. Here goes.. Ohhhhhh you beauty!! We get this one off to a flier with a goal after fifteen minutes. Calvin Miller on one of his runs down the wing and he whips it in for Steven Ross who thunders home his fiftieth of the campaign! It's a further twenty minutes before we see another goal here and who is it for? It's only our second and Ross's second of the game. St. Johnstone are crumbling. A fantastic 2-0 lead as we go off at half time. Chris Kane on the attack here.. Darren O'Dea has it covered easily as he dispossess Kane or does he, he's slipped and Kane's nicked in ahead of him now, he's slotted past our 'keeper. That was embarrassing by O'Dea there and we've given them an in now. I can't believe how good we play on the counter.. We have pulled two goals ahead once again. Kenny Anderson to Dario Zanetta who slips it past the Saints defence and it reaches Kevin McDonald who blasts past Zander Clark, 3-1. It is all over and we're just ninety minutes away from promotion now. "That was a terrific match lads, you played superbly and done well to bounce back from them scoring, especially you Darren, it's happened to us all at one point but you done well to focus for the remainder of the game. Steven, I couldn't be prouder to be your gaffer lad. I would love to say go and celebrate that one but lets wait three days eh lads?" I said in my team talk.

View attachment 89085
Ladbrokes Premiership relegation playoff final second leg

St. Johnstone
VClyde

View attachment 89084
Having won the first leg against St. Johnstone we know that our fate lies in our own hands now, we only need a draw here and promotion is ours! Amadeusz Skrzyniarz returns in goal after injury in what is our only change to the line up. St. Johnstone have went a little more offensive this time around as they've pushed their wingers up higher but only time will tell if it'll make a difference. It's the Saints who get this game underway and let's hope for another cracking match up. Ohhhhh my word what a start.... A ****** dreadful one. Callum Morris clatters Chris Kane and St. Johnstone have a penalty less than five minutes into the game! Will Skrzyniarz make a great impact on his return with a save here? Come on big man! Nope. Kane dispatches. Nooooooo! Jason Kerr with a smart, short and quick free kick passes the ball to Brian Easton who was unmarked and he's given St. Johnstone the advantage in this tie after just twelve minutes. A horrendous start to say the absolute least. Carlo Taylor finds Kane in acres of space once again as he breezes past our substandard defence and it's 3-0. Callum Morris is having a nightmare here and the best thing for the whole team is to bring him off immediately, Matthew Russell on. The St. Johnstone lads are just lining up to shoot here and this could get embarrassing. Even more embarrassing I should say. Some great play for once from our lads here and it's with Calvin Miller who's through on goal now... Milllerr... It's saved!! The goalkeeper spills the shot but manages to recover. As we reach half time it's 3-0 St. Johnstone and as it stands we will lose this match unless we can pull one back and take the game to extra time! I decided against going into the dressing room at half time and just let my players stew, they know what's up. As we kick off in this second half I can only hope someone is ready to step up and be the leader and winner that we need! We've started this half well here and had a couple of chances now but nothing to threatening for Ben McKenzie in goal. Here's Dario Zanetta looking to make something happen here, passes the ball to Steven Ross who takes on his man but Paul Muir comes steaming in behind him yet all he's done here is knocked the ball forward into the path of Miller and Miller with the chance now.... GOALL!!! You little belter Calvin Miller! It's 3-1 and 4-4 on aggregate this tie is all square with half an hour left to play! Are you kidding me? Two minutes barely pass by and Easton has got on the scoresheet once again to restore the home sides lead. Bollocks. With fifteen minutes left to play we can only go for it now. "Go on lads, do us proud and just bomb forward and get us a goal", I shouted to the players. Darren O'Dea gives away a penalty with five minutes to go. And it's saved!! Not that it counted for much though as the final few minutes peters out and we have been beaten. Unbelievable scenes here, truly and utterly heartbroken.

View attachment 89083

View attachment 89082
News is breaking from Ladbrokes Championship side Clyde who's up and coming manager Chris Burns has sensationally quit his post merely days after losing out on promotion. His sides second leg collapse against St. Johnstone is said to have infuriated the manager and reports in the aftermath of that game suggested that he had had bust ups with several players in the dressing room. Given Burns' previous troubles with the law, drink, drugs and god knows what else it's fair to say there is an open book on the factual truths of this one. What is a fact, though, is that Clyde have lost out on a really good manager here, one that was looking to take them somewhere once and for all but ultimately it wasn't to be. As we've said, this may be down to Burns' personal troubles but it may also be down to the Clyde board and if the latter is true there could be one helluva stink up from the clubs fans as the manager had become a real favourite around these parts. Clyde did give Chris Burns a great platform to turn his life around though and it may well be that he believes he is now bigger than the club. Time will tell. Below we have our predictions on who we believe will be the next Clyde manager and where Chris Burns will end up next.

Clyde's next boss

Allan McGreggor - 5/2
Paul Harsley - 3/1
Barry Robson - 4-1
Paul Sheerin - 6/1
Colin Nish - 8/1
Chris Burns - 50/1

Chris Burns next move

Another Scottish club - 1/2
Rehab - 2/1
An English club - 5/1
Another UK based team - 6/1
Jail - 7/1
A club outside the UK - 10/1

View attachment 89079
Following my decision to leave Clyde on the seasons end I have took a couple of weeks out and went on holiday to my favourite destination of Marmaris, Turkey to refresh myself. I am aware that in my absence there have been some laughable yet ultimately appalling rumours surround my exit from the club. There's been rumours that I was drinking in excess recently; untrue as I no longer drink. There's been rumours that I was aggressive and violent towards players at the club; absurd and 100% untrue. There's been rumours that I had a fight with the chairman; again, untrue. Of course there was the usual drink, drugs and crime related stories but again, untrue. You see, I've spent the past four years of my life in the media and as is very clear I've had a turbulent and controversial past but when have I ever hidden from it? I haven't, and you know what, that may have been to my own detriment as ever since then I have tainted with farcical, nonsensical rumours from anonymous rejects with nothing better to do with their time than make up stories. Let me make this clear; I will always rise above your hate and your nonsense. I got along fantastically with John Alexander in the end, I got along with all of my players as well and you know what? I'm proud that we went as far as we did, we weren't expected to do as well as we did. As for everything else; I no longer drink or do anything else I am clean living and fighting a long hard battle and winning. I have stepped down from Clyde as I couldn't stomach another year in the lower echelons of Scottish football. I am refreshed and ready for the next challenge someone is willing to set me...

View attachment 89078

View attachment 89051
Sheffield United can today confirm that after weeks of hush, hush talks with Chris Burns an agreement has been made between both parties and the former Clyde manager has agreed to take over from Lee Glover, who last just seven months in the job. Burns' deal is said to run for two years with a wage of just under £10k per week, slightly more than the reported £1k per week in his last job.. It is a considerable leap that Burns has taken here as he finds himself in charge of a really good club with plenty of potential to build. With the club having just been relegated they will be expected to bounce back up at the first time of asking and the board expect nothing less than a league win. A major issue towards that goal will be the uncertainty surrounding the futures of upwards of ten players who are looking to leave following the clubs relegation. This is a big risk by the Sheffield United board as they've gone for a manager previously untested in England, and in actual fact he hasn't even been tested in Scotland's top division either. However, all credit to Chris Burns who has wrangled a great contract and move here. We wish all involved here the best and look forward to seeing how they get on this summer.

View attachment 89050

View attachment 89041

Well it has been a long time since I've written to my subscribers out there.. I've just been so busy gunning for promotion with Clyde and then going through three sets of playoffs as well. Then of course, I stepped down from my position with Clyde and have now taken on another job. Before moving on to my new club though there are some things I'd like to talk about. Firstly, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved within Clyde football club and also a huge thank you to a thoroughly supportive fanbase. I wouldn't have lasted as long at the club without the help of the fans encouragement every week in the stadium and every day on social media. I also have to thank John Alexander publicly as well as he was a hugely influential figure for me these past couple of years and for that I'll be forever indebted and grateful. I couldn't give my thanks to those at Clyde without mentioning the one and the only... Steven Ross! What a man he is and what a great deal he turned out to be. I first had a look at him on trial and he scored a winning goal for us in one of his three matches, he wasn't exceptional on trial but I felt that he had the potential to be. One hundred and fifty six games later with one hundred and twenty nine goals scored in total it's safe to say he is a modern day legend at the club. I don't think we would have done as well as we did without signing Steven Ross and for that I am proud as signing him was a masterstroke. I've also made a great friend in Stevie and I am buzzing for him that he's got a move down to Leyton Orient although I'm not enthralled by the prospect of coming up against him!

So after finishing the season in third place and just missing out on promotion at the very last hurdle it is fair to say I was a little disheartened that we failed to go up on that day. The prospect of facing another year below the top division in Scotland just wasn't exciting me at all. With that in mind I took the decision to step down as I felt that I was no longer the best man to push Clyde forward due to my disillusionment. I did leave with a heavy heart as I believe we built a mini legacy during my time with the club but sometimes footballing decisions and life decisions don't match up. I leave with the club firmly imprinted in my heart from this day forward and I wish them the very best this season and I hope Paul Sheerin is the man to take them up.

I took a couple of weeks holiday and I went to Marmaris in Turkey to visit some old friends and clear my head for a while. Although I no longer had footballing issues in my mind there was another issue that came tumbling to the forefront of my thoughts; my 'long lost son'. As many of you avid readers of my blog will know already, I got a letter from a young lad claiming to be my son late last year. It has been a recurring thought for me over these past months but with football as a distraction I kept putting it to the back of my mind. With that distraction gone it became clear that I had to find more about this young lad Alex. Who is he? What age is he? How do I know his mum? Could I really have had a son all these years and been unaware? Has she known all about me and my past, the crash, my little girl, jail and everything else.. This is all too much, am I the type of man who deserves to even have a kid after what I've done previously..

Whilst all those thoughts had started to panic me I received another distraction upon my return from holiday; an interview with Sheffield United. Now that is a club! Surely they couldn't be serious and want me given my past and all? Yet sure enough, as I made my way to Sheffield for the interview with the chairman David Ellis it all seemed surreal. However, after the interview I was on cloud nine, I think I deserved an OSCAR for that interview as I sold myself and gave the performance of a lifetime. I'd hire myself after that! It would seem that David Ellis was also impressed as just a couple of days later I received a phone call from him asking me to come for a final interview. It wasn't really an interview as I thought it would be as we merely just reiterated and agreed upon the discussions we'd had previously. "Chris we would be delighted to have you on board with us at Sheffield United football club. There have been bigger and supposed 'better' candidates stood where you are these past couple of weeks but everything they were telling us was rehearsed and drip fed from agents and whatnot. You gave us passion, hunger, desire.. No I'm joking I'm not hitting you with the same old cliches either Chris. You gave us honesty, you gave us hope and you showed an ambition to take us to the top division instead of aiming for just the Sky Bet Championship like the others before you. Welcome." With a speech like that was I ever going to turn Mr Ellis down? Of course not. So here I am; Christopher John Burns, manager of Sheffield United in the Sky Bet League One in England.

View attachment 89039

Congrats on the Blade's gig! Fingers crossed you get as much help and support from this chairman as the previous one

Congrats on the Blade's gig! Fingers crossed you get as much help and support from this chairman as the previous one

Cheers mate! Was partying and working all weekend there so haven't had time to play haha! Will look to update in the next couple of days. I tend to play and update this in bursts haha

View attachment 88635
Settling in at Sheffield United

My couple of weeks in charge of Sheffield United were a bit hectic as I set about making myself at home in my new flush office, introduced myself to the current staff and players and then finally; deciding on who was going to stay. Now, my job was mad a little harder but also a little easier due to the fact that out of our squad we had around ten players wanting to leave the club following our relegation. This makes my job easier as I now have a prime focus on who should leave but also it's harder as those players are primarily our better ones. No matter, I love a good squad building challenge and it looks like I'll have a right tough one on my hands here. I made the decision that I would allow Stephen Quinn, Martyn Waghorn, John Brayford, Chris Basham, Caolan Lavery, Stefan Scougall, Ben Coker, Paddy Madden, Callum Harriot and Billy Knott to leave. I want players who are committed to the cause and happy to be at the club and all of the above aren't either of those things. So with a good core of the squad leaving I also had to start my recruitment drive but before doing that we let a further thirty-two players leave the club on free transfers or on loan deals. I had analysed the squad over the space of a couple of weeks and felt that we were really lacking in pure talent and so it was an easy choice to have a mass clear out. Next on my agenda was having a look at the backroom staff and it's fair to say I was equally unimpressed as I came to the conclusion that we needed a clear out in this department too. That meant I had to inform a further twelve people that their services were no longer required. I think I may have shot to the top of a lot of people's enemy list. I've been brought in to steer this club back towards the Premiership though and to do that change is needed.

Now for the fun part.. I get to bring in my own backroom staff and players! I am happy to say that I now have an extremely strong and vibrant backroom as twenty members of staff have joined our revolution here. We now have a new assistant manager, fitness coach, four first team coaches, head of youth development, exquisite scouting, medical, sports fitness and data analyst departments. We also managed to persuade club icon and recent assistant manager Michael Brown into taking a coaching role within the club as we felt that he had a lot to offer but just not as an assistant manager. Only Bobby Mimms, Keith Briggs and Derek Geary survived the cull as Mimms was recently brought in and Geary is another favourite around these parts having served as a player, under 18's coach, caretaker manager and under 18's manager whilst Briggs is a decent youth coach. On the player side of things.. We are working on a fair few deals and we will hopefully be confirming names promptly.

View attachment 88602
The rebuild begins at Sheffield United

Having let forty-two players and twelve members of staff leave the club it was a bit of a 'ghost town' as a result. After bringing in twenty members of staff though it was time to start bringing in players. With an extensive and exceptional scouting network finally in place each scout was sent out to find us some new players and report back on our players of interest. The reports from the scouts findings came in thick and fast over the space of a couple of weeks and we brought in fifteen players, only one of which was a loan deal. Despite a twenty-seven player deficit on last year I'm ecstatic about the squad I now have at my disposal. We brought in a blend of youth and experience, current internationals, proven players at this level or higher and I believe we have the perfect balance. I will now introduce you to our current squad.

Goalkeepers

In goals we have a solid stand out in Jose Garcia who we recently brought in for free from a North American side. At 6"5 he has a fantastic presence, he has fantastic determination and a plethora of potential to be our number one for the foreseeable future. Behind him we have Jack Little who will serve as Garcia's understudy but in all honesty I don't have too much confidence in his ability should Garcia pick up an injury and it's for that reason Little is the one player we could look to replace before the window closes.

Fullbacks

A very strong area of our team now lies in the fullback area as we brought in players with Premiership/Championship experience in the shape of Mason Holgate and Luke Garbutt. Both players have come from Everton in the Premiership but have spent the majority of their playing time in the Championship so are used to playing to a higher standard than we are at currently, this should be a great asset. Those two will start in most of our matches, injuries and suspension aside. Our back up options in these areas are Nigel Lewis and Shaun Jackson who have come through the academy here at Sheffield United. Both players have great potential and we have rejected bids from Premiership sides for the duo throughout the summer. We will look to give them game time in the absence of Holgate and Garbutt without any fear or hesitation.

Centrebacks

At the heart of our defence we have acquired the services of a player far superior to this level and I have no doubts Reece Burke can lead this club to glory. Alongside him will be Alfie Jones and I envisage these two lads in the team of the year come the end of season awards such is their class. Michael Devlin and Harrison McGahey will be more than able deputy's and will be called up and relied on when needed.

Centremids

This is an area we actually looked really strong in initially as we already had John Fleck and Louis Reed however we realised that there were some better players in the market for central midfielders and decided to strengthen the depth of the team by adding a further five players in this area. Now given that we will be looking to play a 4-1-2-3 system we had to bring in a defensive midfielder and Mitchell Donald will fulfil this role for the most part this season whilst the potentially brilliant Anas Saidi will be looking to overthrow him from the position. We then added Curro and Harry Winks before finding out that Jake Livermore would be willing to join us. This left us with incredible depth in the midfield and in all honesty any one of these players could claim a starting spot for the season. Initially I believe we will go with Donald, Curro and Livermore.

Wingers

We pulled off something of a coup by bringing in Magnus Eriksson for the right wing inside forward position and he should go on to have an exceptional season I believe. He is a good player all round and is too high a calibre for this league. On the left inside forward position we have Jiri Skalak whom I inherited from last year and although he had a disappointing year last time out I predict a much better one this time around. Both players will be a good goal threat and should provide many assists for out lone striker too. Back up to Eriksson on the right wing is our versatile midfielder Curro or even John Fleck as both players will be capable of filling in. On the left wing we have Akram Afif who is a really tricky winger that could cause havoc when given the chance. Other players capable in this position are Ross McCormack, Dominic Solanke and Harry Winks.

Strikers

Whilst scouring the market for a new striker I was mightily pleased to come across Dominic Solanke and I thought that he would be the perfect man to lead the line for us this season. That was until we found out Jordan Rhodes would be willing to join us! When Jordan Rhodes becomes available at this level then you sign him. He has been at this level as well the Championship and proved himself time and again as an out and out goalscorer. That changes things for Solanke as he will undoubtedly be understudy to Rhodes unless the latter fails to deliver which I can't see happening. As the Football League campaign is such a long and arduous one we also added Ross McCormack to the team although he has been warned that he is little more than a back up player. We have good depth upfront as as well as the aforementioned trio we also have Eriksson, Skalak, Fleck and Afif who can play up top.

View attachment 88595

Last edited: