View attachment 120492
Lucas Leiva got sent off just three minutes in to our first pre season game! Playing at centre back but I don't know what he was thinking, none the less we got the win against a team we obviously should be beating.

View attachment 120503
The big transfer rumour of the summer has been Roberto Firmino in an incredible £112M deal to Man City, I honestly can't see a world where he leaves even for that crazy amount of money!

View attachment 120502
Moving in to our fourth game of pre season against Wigan and unfortunately Sheyi Ojo had to come off with a nasty injury, he's torn his hamstring and he'll miss the next 2-3 months!

View attachment 120501
Remember I'm only signing one first team player per season so I've got to get these transfers right! Last season I had to wait until January but I'm not waiting around, I've gone for a player Liverpool have been linked heavily with in the real world and I have confidence he can be a great player at left back for us. Ben Chilwell comes in for £12.5M.

View attachment 120500
Although we've spent a reasonable fee, I doubt he'll play too much this season ahead of James Milner and Charlie Taylor, barring any major injurys but Milner isn't getting any younger at 31 but hopefully with some tutoring from the more expeirenced players, Chilwell can fill that role.

View attachment 120499
There's loads of young players at Liverpool especially striking and midfield roles so I didn't want to sign too many regens for now but Lovren turns 28 in the next month and at 31 Klavan isn't getting any younger, so I've brought in just the one regen. Sean Jones and hopefully he can realise his potential on that left sided centre back slot, he'll need some guidance but we signed him on compensation for just £400k.

View attachment 120498
Lastly I've gone for a bit of expeirence in Alvaro Arbeloa, ex Liverpool player of course he's been around and won lots of trophies. Clyne And Alexander Arnold will compete for that right back spot with Clyne first choice and I'd probably play Gomez at right back before Arbeloa but he adds more expeirence to a young side, which is kind of why I signed him. He'll be coaching the Under 18s as well but I doubt he will play.

View attachment 120496
Just ignore those free transfers for now apart from Arbeloa, they're all regens I just forgot to sign all the regens when we got our new batch of youngsters back in March, hopefully one or two can push themselves in to the first team!

View attachment 120495
I cleared out loads of deadwood this summer, plenty of money coming in, £25M for Lallana heading to West Ham, Markovic went to Monaco for £17.5M, Danny Ings moved to Hull for £15M and with Karius wanting more first team football, Mignolet moved to newly promoted to the PL, Sheffield Wednesday for £10.25M. I was going to play Karius anyway but with no European football last season I thought we'd be better off with Mignolets expeirence, while letting Karius bed in to the club.

It's worth noting as well that Lloyd Jones and Kevin Stewart both have buy back clauses invovled in their moves. Jones signing for £200k with a buy back of £1M, while Stewart signing for Middlesborough for £1.5M with a buy back clause of £5M. Alberto Moreno also left the club for £21M going to Stoke City, I didn't want to see him go but he was just too error prone.

View attachment 120494
So pre season comes to an end and another good one, we had two big games against quality opposition in our last two games. First off against PSG, we were 2-0 up and cruising but we threw away the lead and let them come back, with the game finishing 2-2. Against Barcelona we were down 3-2 at Half time but we managed to fight back in the second half, with two goals from Coutinho. Next time we kick off our second season with a Community Shield game against Tottenham and we've got a tough home game against United.

View attachment 120493

Last edited:
Great story so far mate... this
coming from a United fan.

enjoying this. board must love you, trophy and second place in first season then you bring in over 90m profit from your transfer dealings!

Unlucky losing the league on that final day mate, always a tough one to take! Second is a great platform to build on though and the FA Cup win is a good bonus. I really like your philosophy of only bringing in one big transfer each season as it'll make the job just that little bit harder. Some really good profit on some players there too, good work. I see you do your new contracts a bit like myself by giving them 5-year deals and 3-year extensions! It's a great way to keep ahold of players I feel. If it's younger players as well, if you give them a decent wage increase based on first team or international appearances it ends up working really well. If they come at you for a bigger wage I feel the 'you have plenty of time left on your deal' option works fantastically. I did notice your high loyalty bonuses, I assume agent fees too. For the most part, in last years game and a little bit in this years game I managed to get those down to little or nothing. I simply put it at zero and gave them a better wage, bonus or incentive and it works. :p

What tactic and instructions do you use to smash the big teams? Love the story, going to do an LFC save myself since I'm an LFC fan

View attachment 117345
Still waiting on updates
Heading in to the game I was a little surprised by their starting line up and I soon discovered they had Eriksen, Alli and Ziyech all injured and Son away on international duty, they're all attacking midfielders, we took full advantage. Origi didn't have the best start but he was getting in to good positions, It was left for Firmino to come on and change the game and he did that by himself, skinning the Spurs centre backs, he come on to score not just the winner but two goals. Wijnaldum has to get a mention as well with three assists!

View attachment 117367
[video=youtube;zxDdV5QN8RI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDdV5QN8RI[/video]

Leicester played really well and we struggled to create chances against them, we didn't give them much either though and Firmino was the difference, he started the game for Origi up front, scoring a goal for the team.

View attachment 117366
[video=youtube;0F4hiJBO2-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F4hiJBO2-4[/video]

Lucas Leiva starts on his coaching course, funded by the board he could become a defending or tactical coach in the future, I really haven't played him much in the first team and at 30 years old he might want to play for a couple of years before he retires. In fact I know he wants to play, I promised him I would loan him out but I've not really got any intention of doing that, I'd much rather keep him at the club for his expeirence.

View attachment 117365
We also managed to convince the new chairman to finally let us improve on the coaching team, with more numbers in. In terms of ex players we signed both Tomas Rosicky and Andrea Barzagli, they join the coaching team and Barzagli is actually already a 4.5 star tactical coach, hopefully he can become a 5 star one day. Rosicky is a 4 star shooting coach and like Barzagli hopefully he improves on that in the future as well. The board also promised to fund their coaching courses.

View attachment 117364
View attachment 117363
View attachment 117361
View attachment 117359
View attachment 117362

View attachment 117360
View attachment 117358

The Brazilian duo of Firmino and Coutinho both committed their future to the club this week with new contracts for both of them after a lot of speculation over their future at the club, this summer. There have been recent bids from PSG of £45M for Firmino and £55M for Coutinho but i was really disappointed with both bids and rejected them, included in the deals were add ons and monthly installments.

View attachment 117354
View attachment 117355
They both came to me and told me that the money they could earn signing for PSG, would be a big pay rise for them and with the season just kicking off, the last thing i want is any unsettled players so I give them both pay rises. They both had three years left on their contract, they've topped that up to five years and it looks like that's ended any speculation about their future, at least for now.

View attachment 117356
View attachment 117357
Emre Can picked up a suspension at the end of last season, missing the last two league games, he also missed the last game and he'll miss our next game against West Ham but he's back just in time for the big United game coming up. This game was close but we probably just about deserved to win, Harry Wilson came off the bench to make his debut and assisted two goals one from a corner, giving Cameron Brannagan his first goal for the club and a second from a free kick, Dejan Lovren with a fantastic header!

View attachment 117353
[video=youtube;asJt4PTUYzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asJt4PTUYzY[/video]

So Emre Can comes back in for Marko Grujic, Henderson moves further forward in a midfield three. This game was really close and we certianly pushed our luck, they could have scored at 1-1 to win the game but it was Liverpool who scored the winner. Grujic coming off the bench for Henderson to smash in a header late in the game and it was Harry Wilson with another assist from the corner!

View attachment 117352
[video=youtube;uYnqjFUpy-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYnqjFUpy-g[/video]

We drew Huddersfield in the third round of the EFL Cup and we should win that one. The Champions League group stage draw was also made and we were drawn into a group as third seed alongside FC Porto, Sevilla and Anderlecht, some tough teams to play here but we didn't get drawn against any European giants and we can fancy our chances of topping the group, returning to Europe.

View attachment 117351
View attachment 117350
We struggled to break them down but they didn't have a sniff at goal, we defended really well and they never looked like scoriing. Eventually Mane broke the deadlock with a bit of magic and that was the difference, we left it late but we got there in the end, just about.

View attachment 117349
[video=youtube;wlGG_cDTf3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlGG_cDTf3A[/video]

On the Liverpool side of things there was nothing further to report in terms of transfers, Barcelona did make a late bid for Sadio Mane, of £45M in instalments but it was swiftly rejected. Elsewhere in the league there was tons of money spent and I was a bit jealous of some of these transfers, Veratti moved to United for £79M, while Dybala move to City for £58M but potentially rising to £82M. Felipe Anderson moved to Spurs for big money, i'm a big fan and his Lazio team mate Stefan De Vrij also moved on for a hefty price, to Chelsea.

View attachment 117348
View attachment 117347
We conceded a goal in almost every game but I couldn't of asked for a better start than that, kicking off the season lifting the Community Shield beating Spurs and we also got some big wins against United and West Ham. Next time, we're back in Europe! I can't wait to play our first game against Anderlecht, we also play Arsenal at the Emirates and also Southampton away from home.

View attachment 117346

Last edited:
What tactic and instructions do you use to smash the big teams? Love the story, going to do an LFC save myself since I'm an LFC fan

View attachment 117369
View attachment 117368

I've only used these two formations so far in this story, barring a few changes of course, tinkering especially in the big games. Last season, with no european football i had a week to plan for a lot of league games and with a fully fit team, I often played 4231 purely just to get four attackers players on the pitch. With Mane Firmino and Coutinho, behind Origi in a lot of games, it's no wonder the amount of goals we scored, however at the start of the season, you'll see in the update I just posted. I've had some tough games to start and I've been using 433 a lot more, it's definitely more solid at the back and there's more games this season.

View attachment 116991

Last edited:
Great story so far mate... this
coming from a United fan.

Thanks mate, must be doing something right then.

enjoying this. board must love you, trophy and second place in first season then you bring in over 90m profit from your transfer dealings!

Hopefully the all this profit we've made so far means we can sign a big player in the next few seasons.

Unlucky losing the league on that final day mate, always a tough one to take! Second is a great platform to build on though and the FA Cup win is a good bonus. I really like your philosophy of only bringing in one big transfer each season as it'll make the job just that little bit harder. Some really good profit on some players there too, good work. I see you do your new contracts a bit like myself by giving them 5-year deals and 3-year extensions! It's a great way to keep ahold of players I feel. If it's younger players as well, if you give them a decent wage increase based on first team or international appearances it ends up working really well. If they come at you for a bigger wage I feel the 'you have plenty of time left on your deal' option works fantastically. I did notice your high loyalty bonuses, I assume agent fees too. For the most part, in last years game and a little bit in this years game I managed to get those down to little or nothing. I simply put it at zero and gave them a better wage, bonus or incentive and it works. :p

I agree with everything you say! I seem to struggle a bit dealing with agents of players say under 23, who you want to sign on a five year deal with the optional 3 year contract extension. I end up just getting ****** off with agents haggling for more, I end up just giving them a bigger agent fee or loyalty bonus.

View attachment 117300

Mane was unhappy about my high asking price for him, following the rejected bid from Barcelona but he was very soon happy to stay, which is great news for us. Lucas has been kicking up a fuss after he wasn't allowed to leave in the transfer window just gone, he's decided to leave as a free transfer, with his contract up at the end of the season. Like i said before he still wants to play for a few years but hopefully he can come back as a coach in the next few seasons.

View attachment 117307
View attachment 117306
After the International break and playing on a Friday night we had some tired players in but unfortunately Arsenal just edged the game with a goal from Icardi, it was a really tight game but we didn't create any chances, despite their goal we didn't concede any chances either and defended well.

View attachment 117305
[video=youtube;sUSRR_uurq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUSRR_uurq8[/video]

That loss to Arsenal seemed to damage morale and we didn't make the greatest starts, our players were all under performing but it was Divock Origi coming off the bench to make the difference, scoring his first goal of the season.

View attachment 117304
[video=youtube;7Ut7KhVKqqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ut7KhVKqqo[/video]

What a performance from Coutinho, he was brilliant on the day with two very decisive goals, Southampton are struggling, currently in the relegation zone and after playing midweek in Europe, i knew this would be a tough game, I'm just so glad we came through it with three points.

View attachment 117303
[video=youtube;T_HgJVPc68U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_HgJVPc68U[/video]

I'm hopeful of a good season this year so that means a lot of games and the EFL Cup isn't a big priority, it's time to start rotating the team, no less than six changes, including a chance for Charlie Taylor and Alexander Arnold making his debut, along with the rest of the back four. We certainly made it hard for ourselves, the changes in defense seemed to show as we looked a bit nervy but another goal for Divock Origi and a first Liverpool goal for Harry Wilson got us over the line. Huddersfield we're unlucky, they hit the post from a long range effort at 2-1 but we managed to hold out for a deserved victory.

View attachment 117302
[video=youtube;GGaI8GnO3JA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGaI8GnO3JA[/video]

Not the greatest start to the update with a loss to Arsenal and we've not looked entirely convincing since, we're getting some real gritty scrappy wins by the odd goal, the team could be playing better but the wins are coming which is the most important thing. Next time the fixtures continue to come thick and fast, there's some massive games coming up in our Champions League group.

View attachment 117301

Last edited:
View attachment 117234
A tough draw for us in the fourth round of the EFL Cup drawing our biggest rivals, Manchester United.

View attachment 117230
A good solid performance and after some scrappy matches, it was nice to get a comfortable victory under our belt and it also gave us a chance to take a few players off for the big game coming up against Porto. Coutinho scored a brilliant goal today they amount of time he gets the ball on the left, just outside the box and bends it in to the right hand corner is incredible!

View attachment 117233
[video=youtube;KeJwo-Jlu3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJwo-Jlu3k[/video]

Porto won their first game in this group against Sevilla and playing at home it was important that we got the three points, putting us in a commanding position as we play the second match. They're a good team but we deserved to beat them, plenty of drama in this game, Grujic scored the second goal to secure the win and then went on to get sent off. Incredibly we finished the game with nine men, after Harry Wilson got injured and also went off after, we'd already made all three substitutions.

View attachment 117232
[video=youtube;wbe_if1URug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbe_if1URug[/video]

Unfortunately for Harry Wilson he picked up an injury and he'll miss the next 6-7 weeks, the good news is Sheyi Ojo has been back in training for the past two weeks and another game or two and his match sharpness should be back up to scratch. Nathaniel Clyne's injury is less serious and just a concussion but he'll miss our next game against Bournemouth but hopefully be back after the International break.

View attachment 117239
View attachment 117238
With just a two day turnaround from the game against FC Porto, we have to rest some players with a lot of our best players, playing in that game. Clyne of course is injured so Alexander Arnold plays along with Joe Gomez for Dejan Lovren and Henderson also comes back in, after a poor start to the season. The young defender didn't seem fazed by the pressure with Gomez putting us ahead, a mistake from Karius put them back on level terms but two goals from Roberto Firmino helped us secure the victory.

View attachment 117231
[video=youtube;jO45__pqRGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO45__pqRGs[/video]

Coutinho won the the Goal of the month award with that fantastic goal against West Brom and what a goal it was!

View attachment 117229
[video=youtube;AZGvVd6Vce8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZGvVd6Vce8[/video]

We weren't at our best and Divock Origi didn't have the greatest game, he missed a penalty and a couple of chances as well but we managed to get the win, Coutinho with another big big goal.

View attachment 117237
[video=youtube;X6gJD1PyUQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6gJD1PyUQI[/video]

Disappointing not to score a goal but we didn't concede either, there's not much to say on this match. We could of won it but I'm not too disappointed with a point, we'll have easier games than this one.

View attachment 117236
Another good run of games for the lads, we've started this season really well and we just need to keep it going. We started to score more goals at the start of this update but they've dried up a bit lately. Next time we've got a big game away to Chelsea in the league, we also play Sevilla again in the Champions League, this time at home and we've got United in the EFL Cup.

View attachment 117235

Last edited:
View attachment 117085
We should have won this game, we had the chances to win the game but it's another draw but again, i'm not too disappointed playing away from home again and Chelsea are a good team, we just need to start turning these draws into wins.

View attachment 117088
[video=youtube;wfnmOCCF7Dc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfnmOCCF7Dc[/video]

This game was soo close, not much to talk about in ninety minutes but the game came to life in extra time. Liverpool scored in the first minute with a goal from Sheyi Ojo and Firmino went on to make it 2-0 shortly after but then Fellaini pulled one back. We conceded a chance but they missed the header from the corner to level the game, Herrera was frustrated late on, getting sent off and we managed to hold out for the win.

View attachment 117089
[video=youtube;aefTGo4P95c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aefTGo4P95c[/video]

Playing 120 minutes including extra time, we've got a league game against Stoke coming up with just two days rest and there's some tired players now in the squad, we could run in to some trouble. Firmino will also miss the game after suffering an injury against United, we did manage to get through and we'll play Watford away in the next round.

View attachment 117090
View attachment 117091
Divock Origi put us ahead coming from a Coutinho cross on the left hand side. Unfortunately for him Joe Gomez gave away possession in a dangerous position and Stoke made us pay with a goal from Munir. That's how it ended, Origi had a chance to put us back into the lead but his header hit the bar, I thought we might struggle and that proved to be the case.

View attachment 117092
[video=youtube;6sJKqGjhiy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sJKqGjhiy8[/video]

What a performance from the team today, when we start fast like this we seem almost unstoppable sometimes. It was all about Origi today four goals for him taking his tally of just three goals this season to seven, Mane wasn't bad either! Two assists and a goal for him, that win takes us top of the group and also means we've qualified for the next round!

View attachment 117093
[video=youtube;cX3mD4YAwIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX3mD4YAwIU[/video]

A first look at the league table this season and we're doing well, our only defeat so far this season has been away to Arsenal and it looks like so far at least, that's cost us. We're second in the league behind Arsenal but just two points behind and the teams behind us aren't far away either. Our biggest rivals Everton and Man United complete the top four with Newcastle surprising the league so far this season, after returning from the Championship.

View attachment 117087
Despite the two draws we've done well in these games, it was understandable that we dropped points in those games but if you think about it we could be ahead of Arsenal if we didn't draw them matches. We did get two wins at home though and there were massive wins for us. Next time we've got more league games, a tough away trip to Man City and Tottenham at home.

View attachment 117086

Last edited:
View attachment 116992

This would only happen to Dejan Lovren, most Liverpool fans will of heard about some of his injuries this season. He was almost back for the game against City but he wasn't quite fit enough.

View attachment 116993
This game was really close and with Lovren injured they were getting at Joe Gomez early in the game, Matip was looking tired but Karius kept us in the game with some big saves. After Casemiro got sent off we made the extra man count though and in the end we run out 5-0 winners! Two goals from Origi and two for Coutinho, Gomez completed the scoring with a goal after a poor start to the game, he redeemed himself.

View attachment 116994
[video=youtube;PLQvv2wsYLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLQvv2wsYLg[/video]

We were struggling to break them down in the first half as Matip hit the bar from a header but we made the breakthrough just before half time, Sadio Mane smashing home. The second half was much easier, as we wrapped up the game with goals from Origi and Wijnaldum.

View attachment 116995
[video=youtube;O8ytLgBt7LE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ytLgBt7LE[/video]

We've already qualified from the group so I wasn't too concerned about this game, hence the seven changes, only the goalkeeper Karius and the front three of Mane, Coutinho and Origi kept their place. I could of given a start to Firmino after he'd returned from injury recently but I'm so glad I didn't because Divock Origi was sensational, four goals on the day for him and he even set up Coutinho, Ojo came off the bench to score our sixth goal. What a performance from the team! That's twelve goals in his last five games for Origi!! What a run of form!

View attachment 116996
[video=youtube;O6p9aZ_Ba4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6p9aZ_Ba4s[/video]

With the current form of the team and the way we've just been battering every team in front of us, I had a good feeling about this game and we delivered the goods. Another goal for Divock Origi, Coutinho was yet again on form with another goal and Emre Can got a rare goal, great performance again from the lads!

View attachment 116997
[video=youtube;LIdHyOaxMyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIdHyOaxMyk[/video]

What a run of games from the team this time! 17 goals scored in just four games, that's an average of over four goals per game, incredible. Remarkably we've caused the opposition side to get a man sent off in six of our last seven games! That can't be a coincidence, we've really been frustrating teams with our tactics and our play, it's fair to say a few players have lost their head after we've showed them just how good this team is. Next time we've got our last game of the group in the Champions League and we also play arch rivals Everton in the league.

View attachment 116998

Last edited:
View attachment 116871
Another update and another injury to kick things off, this time it's Jordan Henderson and he'll miss the next three weeks with a groin strain. Usually this would be a big miss but he's not been great this season and we should be okay.

View attachment 116877
Just like the game against Anderlecht I rotated a lot of players here and it really cost us, we didn't show up and we didn't create many chances either. Watford took their chances and they run out 2-0 winners in the end. Although we've lost our unbeaten run and got knocked out of the EFL Cup, I'm not too bothered, hopefully at the end of the season we'll be worrying about other trophies and not this one.

View attachment 116878
[video=youtube;se1COQxt8vQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se1COQxt8vQ[/video]

It was important to get back to winning ways after that loss to Watford and it didn't always look like we were going to but we manged to do it in the end. Sunderland have been a surprise in the league this season and they showed why, the first half was close but two substitutes made the difference coming on with goals, Ojo and Firmino the scorers as we come out 2-1 winners.

View attachment 116879
[video=youtube;g9naZ4u6G4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9naZ4u6G4s[/video]

Not bothered with this game, we've already qualified and we'll definitely finish top of the group even if Porto beat us because they're four points behind. So I rotated the team and I was half expecting to lose this game because Porto still needed a win to secure qualification. Firmino started the game up front for Origi after he came on to score in the last game and he showed up with two goals and a third from Coutinho.

View attachment 116880
[video=youtube;oeDODxYkYDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDODxYkYDc[/video]

As the group stages come to a close, we've come out on top with five wins and a draw from six games, I'm very happy with that. Porto just needed a win to qualify but they flopped in the last game and couldn't do it, Sevilla took advantage to go on to qualify, as they beat Anderlecht and Porto drop out and in to the Europa League.

View attachment 116881
I changed to a 4231 for the first time this season in this game and we smashed them in terms of chances created, we could of even scored more. They always looked dangerous with the quality they have and they're having a very good season, we nearly threw the game away but they failed to convert the penalty that would have put them on level terms from 2-0 down, Loris Karius with a fantastic save. I actually changed back to a 433 in the second half, Goals from Origi, Firmino and Wijnaldum sealed a hard fought 3-2 win.

View attachment 116882
[video=youtube;ehaakPCeOFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehaakPCeOFA[/video]

For the last 16 draw in the Champions League, Liverpool draw Shakhtar and I feel thats a decent draw for us, we should win this game and we also play the second leg at Anfield.

View attachment 116876
What a goal today for Sadio Mane, I think we'll be seeing this one again in the Goal of the Month award. Origi and Matip got the other goals as we got a good solid win, Daniel Ayala did get a goal against his former club and while we're on the topic of ex players, Jordan Rossiter also signed for Villa after they got promoted back to the PL.

View attachment 116875
[video=youtube;u6TBHiFhktQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6TBHiFhktQ[/video]

So we're top of the league going in to the busy Christmas period but Arsenal can go level on points if they win all of their games in hand, they're off competing in the Club World Championship after Arsenal surprisingly won the Champions League last year. Just like Liverpool, they're on to a good season in the league and United aren't too far behind. either.

View attachment 116874
Despite dropping out of the EFL Cup against Watford, I feel it's been a productive run of games for the team, we've won the league games which at this stage of the season, is very important. In the next update we'll have a clearer idea whether we can go on to win the title this season with four league games, we're doing well so far we just need to keep it going.

View attachment 116873

Last edited:
View attachment 116539
Swansea are in the relegation zone and it's easy to see why after a performance like that. To be fair to them they did stay in the game, in the first half. Coutinho gave them a penalty, which Sigurosson converted to put them ahead but we had too much quality on the day and that really showed in the second half.

View attachment 116545
[video=youtube;qf7gXMSg3q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf7gXMSg3q0[/video]

Firmino got to start up front ahead of Origi and he won us the game with two early goals, they got one back in the second half but we pushed on to put the game beyond doubt when Sadio Mane applied his third assist of the game to set up Sheyi Ojo to score. Firmino had a big game but he had to go off injured in the second half and he'll miss the next 5-6 weeks.

View attachment 116544
[video=youtube;fZNQdQg1WA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNQdQg1WA8[/video]

We found it tough to unlock the door and find the pass but Origi put us ahead, Matip added a second to secure the win. They did score a penalty after Clyne conceded yet another penalty, Karius couldn't keep this one out but we held out for the win, very important because we're top of the league right now and the pressure is on!

View attachment 116543
[video=youtube;9VlUcbm8JhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VlUcbm8JhI[/video]

We've got United coming up, at Old Trafford in the league and after this game against Leicester we've got just one day of rest before that game so I had to rest a lot of players here. That meant the game would be a close one and in the first half it was but Klavan put us ahead, heading in from a corner and Coutinho came off the bench to make sure of the win.

View attachment 116542
[video=youtube;NTz4N3vINIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTz4N3vINIg[/video]

Arsenal won the Club World Championship and I wanted to make sure we put as much distance between us and them before they came back. We've definitely managed to do that! They were actually level on points with us before they went away but a defeat to West Ham and a recent draw away to Man United means even if they win their games in hand we'll still be five points clear at the top of the table!

View attachment 116541
Four wins out of four for the team and if we can keep our concentration and go on to lift the title, we might look back on this period as a defining one, hopefully we can finally bring home the PL Title! Next time we've got that huge game against United, we'll kick off our FA Cup campaign as defending champions and there's also a tough game away to Newcastle.

View attachment 116540

Last edited:
View attachment 116083
Sadio Mane claims the crown of BBC African Football of the Year and African Football of the Year, he's been in amazing form this past year and he managed to beat Aubameyang to the award, who came in second. Mane was also name in the African Team of the Year along with Liverpool teammate Joel Matip.

View attachment 116093
View attachment 116092
View attachment 116091
A legend of the game, the Brazilian Kaka decided to hang up his boots and retire from football at the age of 35. He decided to immediately go in to coaching and he joins the coaching team here at Liverpool. It's great to have a big name like this at the club and we actually had this deal sealed back in the summer. He's a four star ball control coach and he's got plenty of time to improve on that.

View attachment 116090
View attachment 116089
United just played Arsenal while we played Leicester and both teams had just one day of rest, I chose to rest a lot of players against Leicester and United played their best team. I was hoping our players would be fresher but that didn't prove to be the case, our attacking players just didn't show up and the one player who did was Marcus Rashford. WIth Martial and Rooney injured, he played up front and even though Wijnaldum equalised, he was just too much for us.

View attachment 116088
[video=youtube;jXGSBMIrpOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXGSBMIrpOE[/video]

It's important to get back to winning ways after a defeat and we did exactly that, Mane and Origi looked back to their best with three goals for Origi and two assists and a goal for Mane. Ben Woodburn come off the bench for Origi to score his first goal for the club just as he did recently against Leeds, in real life. That completed a convincing scoreline against a team we should be smashing and an almost perfect game.

View attachment 116087
[video=youtube;r2I8vm7TxzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2I8vm7TxzQ[/video]

Playing away to Newcastle, I knew it would be tough because they've been playing really well this season. We had a nightmare start, conceding two early goals but we kept on fighting and managed to bring the game back and win 4-2! More goals for Mane and Origi, Coutinho even got a goal returning to the side.

View attachment 116086
[video=youtube;1lQVbbBxZNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lQVbbBxZNw[/video]

Clyne did concede a penalty in the last game but Karius made a fantastic save to ensure Newcastle didn't get back in to the game. I believe that's actually four penalties he's conceded this season and Karius has saved two of them! I had a word with Clyne and he didn't take well to being criticised, I did bring in Alexander Arnold who played defensive midfield in the last game with Can suspended and you can expect to see Arnold starting at right back in the next few games.

What a show from Divock Origi, five goals for him! One for Mane and despite conceding two more goals, we dominated Southampton and Origi could even of had more! Great performance, we're conceding a few goals but banging them in at the other end so it's all good for now.

View attachment 116085
[video=youtube;P10uyZ9o918]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P10uyZ9o918[/video]

Despite the disappointment of losing to rivals Man United, apart from that it's been a good run of games for the team. Scoring tons of goals and dominating in the other three matches! Next time, we continue the FA Cup campaign against Championship side Charlton and there's a huge game in the league against title rivals Arsenal!

View attachment 116084

Last edited:
View attachment 115848
We weren't great but we got the job done, guess who Divock Origi popped up with yet another goal and there wasn't much else to talk about. We can be disapointed we didn't create more chances but we didn't give them any chances. Another good draw for us as well, another Championship side in Reading, away again.

View attachment 115849
[video=youtube;xg_wYp-zUks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg_wYp-zUks[/video]

View attachment 115850
What a game this was, we definetely deserved to win, we had the chances to do it and when Coutinho put us in to an early lead, it was looking good but Arsenal came straight back with a goal from Icardi. Sturridge even come off the bench late on and had the chance to win the game, breaking from a the half way line, Henderson with the pass but Sturridge blazed it wide. With Arsenal still our closest challengers in the league, it was very important that we didn't lose this game, we didn't win but i can't really fault the team.

View attachment 115851
[video=youtube;BFGtzX7bA7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFGtzX7bA7E[/video]

Not many deals going on in the January transfer window, a couple of big money moves with Denis Suarez moving to Man City, Castillejo moved to Everton in a deal potentially rising to £33.5M and Tielemans moved to Leicester for £17.25M. On the Liverpool end, nothing much to report, Lucas Leiva had already agreed to sign for Fenerbahce at the end of the season and I managed to get £900K to move him on now. Danny Ward went out on loan to West Brom along with a couple of youngsters.

View attachment 115852
View attachment 115853
View attachment 115854
Divock Origi won the Player of the Month award for January, in the Premier League. He managed to net six goals in four games in the league and ten goals in six games in all competitions!

View attachment 115843
Another good performance today, of course it was going to be Divock Origi, it seems like he's the only player i'm talking about at the minute but Coutinho missed this game after picking up a knock against Arsenal and Sheyi Ojo came in. He didn't look bothered by the pressure at all, he got a goal and Origi got two. West Brom got one back in the second half but it wasn't enough.

View attachment 115844
[video=youtube;fZnm6cTS1Lk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZnm6cTS1Lk[/video]

It really wasn't a good performance from the team, we struggled to find the the back of the net and when Bournemouth got a man sent off, we had to go for it! Finally we did manage to score that all important goal and the only goal of the game. Sadio Mane got it and Sheyi Ojo came off the bench to provide the assist, he replaced Coutinho, who just returned from injury.

View attachment 115845
[video=youtube;tjUaFhkEvP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjUaFhkEvP8[/video]

I don't want to jinx it but if we can keep going it looks like we're finally going to win the league this season! Arsenal dropped points, taking a loss to relegation threatened Hull City, while we narrowly got over the line against Bournemouth, who are in a similar position. That means even if Arsenal win their game in hand, they'll still be seven points behind us.

View attachment 115846
We've not been playing that well lately but it says here that we won three games and drawn one, we're still top of the league so it's okay. Arsenal haven't gained any ground on us, we just need to keep winning games. Next time we've got another FA Cup game, European games are back and some tough league games just a couple of days apart.

View attachment 115847

Last edited:
View attachment 115745
Beautiful goal from Cameron Brannagan to open the scoring, Origi added two more to make sure we got through, they got a man sent off in the second half and we held on to get the victory.
A very tough draw for us awaits in the sixth round, the quarter finals. We face Man United away and that's going to be a difficult game.

View attachment 115752
[video=youtube;kQ7xTBCPYnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ7xTBCPYnM[/video]

View attachment 115751

Divock Origi opened the scoring with an early penalty and the lads went on to the win the game 5-0, what a performance! Origi added two more to complete a hat trick that included another penalty. Ojo and Matip got the other goals and that's got to be tie over, i can't see them coming back from five goals behind at Anfield.

View attachment 115750

[video=youtube;SXIv80hi9Ho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXIv80hi9Ho[/video]

Big match and we put on yet another excellent display of football, we absolutely smashed Chelsea, who have been on some what of a resurgence after hiring Roberto Mancini. However they are 12th in the league and the league positions of the teams really showed in this game, Goals from Origi, Coutinho, Henderson and a first for Firmino, after returning from injury.

View attachment 115749
[video=youtube;QZC42neWY0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZC42neWY0c[/video]

I had to rest a few players after that Chelsea game and just two days to rest until this Stoke game. We really felt it in the midfield, nobody showed up and we looked really poor. I'm so frustrated after this game, Mane was out injured and we really missed him in this game.

View attachment 115748
[video=youtube;Xc8PGRNU9aI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc8PGRNU9aI[/video]

Of course that loss to Stoke means both United and Arsenal both gain ground on us and we probably could of just about afforded a slip up but we can't afford another one. There's still some tough fixtures so we need to get back on track.

View attachment 115747
We started really well in this update, smashing teams off the park but that loss against Stoke has really put a downer on things but we need to bounce back with a win. Next time we've got the second leg of our tie against Shakhtar, the Quarter Final FA Cup match against Man United and some tough games in the league against teams fighting relegation.

View attachment 115746

Last edited:
Pretty cool having Kaka as a coach, 33k a week though!

Doing well mate, scoring plenty