View attachment 95217
I rested a few players today, including both Henderson and Wijnaldum in central midfield. Southampton are surprisingly rock bottom of the Premier League and even though we rested a lot of players i still thought they would give us a tough game. That wasn't the case at all though, our attacking talents ripped them to shreds with another five goals today, Divock Origi with two goals and two assists.

View attachment 95224
[video=youtube;CSpd08Sev9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSpd08Sev9A[/video]

A little nervous going in to this one but luckily for us Taylor and Clyne came back just in time for this game and we want back to 433 and probably our best 11. The man for the big occasion, Sadio Mane stepped up to smash the rebound in to the bottom corner, opening the scoring. Coutinho made it two before half time and we controlled the game from that point, we really didn't give City a sniff of a chance. Brilliant display to lift the EFL Cup for the first time in three years at Liverpool, we hadn't took this competition seriously in previous years but we took it seriously this year!

View attachment 95223
[video=youtube;Np1wVK1JbIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np1wVK1JbIA[/video]

View attachment 95218
Ahead of that huge European game against Atletico Madrid, i made a couple of changes for this game and it wasn't vintage Liverpool, not at all but we got the job done. Origi won and converted his penalty early on, Coutinho's shot came off the post, on to the keeper and in to the net to make it 2-0. They did get one back late on but a change in tactics won us a penalty, Origi stepped up and converted once again, confirming all three points.

View attachment 95222
[video=youtube;AxydpemgR-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxydpemgR-Y[/video]

I was going to play more attacking with a 4231 earlier in the game, even at the start of the match but they're just so good on the counter attack I just didn't want to leave the defence open. Over the two legs, we've really struggled to make the breakthrough against Atletico Madrid but it Camacho caming off the bench to rifle home a rocket of a shot.

We had the chance to make it two but with Origi off the pitch, Firmino stepped up to take the penalty but unfortunately his shot was saved by Oblak. They got that all important away goal from a devastating Olivier Giroud goal, we tried to hold on but we just weren't good enough. Ironically Atletico's newly appointed manager, Jurgen Klopp was appointed at the start of the season and it's very difficult to beat him. I do think if we put that penalty away we would of won the game, 1- 0 would of even put us through on away goals but it's the fine margins and we messed it up.

View attachment 95221
[video=youtube;wFa6DyxhUho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFa6DyxhUho[/video]

Of course the big disappointment of bowing out of the Champions League in the last 16 to Atletico, really put a damper on things but other than that it's been a good run of games, lifting a trophy and two league wins as well. Remarkably Birmingham beat Chelsea on penalties, at Stamford Bridge, we play them in the FA Cup next. We really should win the league now, we'll see if we can keep it up, in the next update.

View attachment 95219
View attachment 95220

Last edited:
View attachment 92851
The lads struggled a bit in the first half, Origi scored once again to open the scoring and his penalty was fantastically saved in the second half. His second goal was brilliant, drilled in to the bottom corner and we completed the win with a well worked team goal, finishing the game 3-0.

View attachment 92858
[video=youtube;0uzQ370dFNY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uzQ370dFNY[/video]

We couldn't make the breakthrough in the first half and with Origi out injured, missing the game, with a bruised head he suffered in the last game, it was left to Roberto Firmino to come in and score the first and the second goal. That was enough to see off Hull and we just keep marching on!

View attachment 92857
[video=youtube;txk52GNijkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txk52GNijkg[/video]

A tougher test here against mid table opposition Stoke, and that proved to be the case, I was missing a few players and decided to rest a few as well. The team struggled to break the lock in Stoke's defence but Origi returning from injury from the bench, pounced on the keeper's spill from a shot to make it 1-0, the all important winning goal!

View attachment 92856
[video=youtube;L58PRPAGf7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L58PRPAGf7c[/video]

I was looking at the potential of using a 343 system similar to the formation that Chelsea have had so much success with this season. It seemed to work shutting down City's attacking threats and counter attacking at the other end of the pitch with two Divock Origi goals and two assists from Sadio Mane too. The back three of Gomez, Matip and Lovren looked solid, I can definitely see this formation as a option next season. Chilwell could possibly be given a chance at left sided centre back, in place of the ageing Lovren as well and he might be better suited to that position, over playing left back.

View attachment 92855
[video=youtube;CllL5jm8K18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CllL5jm8K18[/video]

We're almost there, only a couple more wins and we will lift the title in back to back campaigns! What's more is that we can still finish the season unbeaten in the league and become a team of Invincibles. Clearly the idea of earning more money has got Philippe Coutinho's mind elsewhere, the potential of joining up with Brazilian team mate Thiago Silva has seen his form dip in recent weeks and I'm going to have to drop him.

View attachment 92854
View attachment 92852
We should be winning all of these games and the lads did exactly that, a fantastic victory over Man City and four clean sheets as well! Next time there's more games we should be winning, a tough local derby against Everton and we finish with a huge game against Man City, in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup.

View attachment 92853

Last edited:
View attachment 92652
We certainly made that hard for ourselves, it took a while to make the breakthrough but Lovren knocked on the cross well, for Matip to volley home. Sadio Mane made it two in the second half and we should of cruised to the final whistle but unfortunately they got one back, Sheyi Ojo exposed at left wing back replacing Charlie Taylor from the bench. Henderson got himself sent off late on for the second time in just a couple of weeks!

Luckily we managed to hold out for the win though, I need a good couple of months to train Sheyi Ojo at left wing back. The obvious choice Taylor, hasn't been on form lately, Chilwell is not going to do it offensively, which is why he maybe better at left centre back. The right wing back role looks made for Trent Alexander-Arnold. As for Nathaniel Clyne, he could really struggle to find a place in this formation, if we decide to use it going forward.

Trent is much better going forward as a wing back and training Clyne to play right centre back wouldn't be worth the time, he's not getting in over Gomez. With Henderson now suspended and Can also still serving suspension for another game, missing our two best defensive midfielders, I doubt we will be playing 343 for a little while. Definitely not exposing two midfielders away to local rivals Everton.

View attachment 92660
[video=youtube;p0CrMd1AplA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0CrMd1AplA[/video]

A bore draw really in the end, Mane went off early on with an injury and both teams really did struggle to make the breakthrough, there wasn't really any chances to talk about but we did defend well.

View attachment 92659
View attachment 92658
With the big game in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup, against Man City coming up I had to rest players for this game. A player who really really did step up today was Ovie Ejaria, prior to today he had yet to score his first goal for the club but incredibly he hit a hat trick today!! His first goal was taken really well on the turn but his second was something special, a long range effort smashed home! Gerrard esque!! When the ball was headed out for his third, you just knew watching it, he was winning that and his half volley had too much power for Pickford.

What a performance from him and out of nowhere, after a display like that surely he has to start in the FA Cup this weekend? He played ninety minutes so he might not be fit enough to start but he has to get on at some point. Origi wasn't bad either today, filling in for Mane with three assists and Firmino returning to the side, did score the opening goal.

View attachment 92657
[video=youtube;umbRDFXWtj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbRDFXWtj4[/video]

Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but we got over the line, winning by just the one goal from Gini Wijnaldum, who has some what of reputation for getting big goals in big games himself. It was Charlie Taylor who knocked in the free-kick for Wijnaldum to head home and we've done it! We're in another final and we will play West Ham in our final game. Unfortunately Firmino picked up an injury.

View attachment 92656
[video=youtube;bCT1bK6nNUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCT1bK6nNUs[/video]

View attachment 92655
The team is almost there and we're definitely going to lift the title for the second time in as many years. A frustrating draw against Everton was the only downside to this update, the lads pushed through to the FA Cup FInal, beating City and Ovie Ejaria destroyed Sunderland with his hat trick. Next time we've got our toughest game left in the league against Arsenal, if can avoid defeat there we should finish the season unbeaten! We also have the FA Cup Final to look forward to, facing off against West Ham.

View attachment 92654
View attachment 92653

Last edited:
View attachment 92571

Unfortunately Rhian Brewster picked up a nasty injury, keeping him out all summer and potentially longer, expected to be out for 4-5 months. Kamil Grabara also picked up a long term injury, tearing his calf muscle, keeping him out for the next 3 months.

View attachment 92583
This could be our toughest fixture remaining in our league season, if we can avoid defeat we could become the Invincibles this season! We rode our luck in the first half, Arsenal fortunately hitting the post on two occasions but it was the pace of Ojo and Origi on the counter, Ojo setting through Origi to score not once but twice and that was the difference.

View attachment 92582
[video=youtube;Kg_VD1gh9vM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg_VD1gh9vM[/video]

Jordan Henderson opened the scoring with a brilliant free kick today and the team was out of sight by half time! Origi continued his good form with two more goals and a rare goal from Emre Can gave us four goals, fantastic performance and we're playing really well at the minute.

View attachment 92581
[video=youtube;kKQrFHYg7WY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKQrFHYg7WY[/video]

That win has sealed it, we've won the title again this year and with two games to spare! We had a lead but I'm pleased we've managed to keep plugging away, winning games and now all we need to do is finish the season unbeaten!!

View attachment 92580
Not a classic game of football but the important thing is we didn't concede and we're still unbeaten in the league this season. It's not the first bore draw this season, nobody showed up to get us the win but at this stage of the seaon, it doesn't really matter.

View attachment 92578
Crystal Palace still had something to play for, they could be relegated if results went against them but it was extremely unlikely to happen. Their lads did give us a tough game though and I wanted to end the season with a win, luckily for us it was Firmino that scored the all important and only goal of the game. We've done it! All we had to do was not concede a goal today and we'd become the Invincibles, the lads have gone the whole league season without defeat, incredible!

View attachment 92577
[video=youtube;cR8XyNSxOAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8XyNSxOAs[/video]

View attachment 92576
We could of made it easier for ourselves today but that's the Liverpool way, right? Maybe I should of started with Divock Origi over Roberto Firmino up front but it doesn't matter because eventually DIvock made the breakthrough off the bench, in extra time. Mane made it two and Origi went on to score a hat trick! We had the chances but West Ham did defend really well and we did it in the end, that's what matters.

View attachment 92574
[video=youtube;18w3kwsfDig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18w3kwsfDig[/video]

View attachment 92573
Incredibly we've gone the whole season unbeaten in the league this year, joining Arsenal and Preston as the only English teams to go an entire league campaign without defeat. This season has been full of records being broken, we broke Chelsea's record of 95 points in a Premier League season and with two games to spare! The lads actually finished with 100 points this season. We also beat the record for wins in a league season with 31!

View attachment 92579

View attachment 92575

We finish on a strong run of games, the team did well to pick up points in games were they could of became complacent. Big wins against Arsenal and that big one in our final game against West Ham, they took it in to extra time but we run out 4-0 winners in the end and lifted our second FA Cup in three years.

View attachment 92572

Last edited:
View attachment 92484
What an incredibly amazing season we have had with Liverpool this year. Not only did we finish the season unbeaten, recording 31 wins and 7 draws over the campaign but we only conceded eight goals all season as well! Tottenham, Arsenal and United complete the top four and the unfortunate teams who got relegated were Reading, Aston Villa and Fulham.

View attachment 92494
It was Alexis Sanchez who won both Footballer of the Year and Players Player of the Year. A Liverpool player did win Players Young Player of the Year though, it was DIvock Origi with 22 goals in 32 appereances, taking home that award. For the second year running Mauro Icardi won the Top Goalscorer award.

View attachment 92493
View attachment 92492
View attachment 92491
View attachment 92490
I mentioned our record of only conceding eight goals all season in the league and a massive part of that is down to our defence and Loris Karius. He amassed an amazing 30 clean sheets over 38 games this season and with an average rating of 7.22, what a season he has had! Along with Karius three defenders from Liverpool made the Team of the Year, that was Charlie Taylor, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren. At the other end of the pitch both Roberto Firmino and DIvock Origi also made the best 11 this year.

View attachment 92489
View attachment 92488
What a season we've had and it was packed full of consistent and top class performers. Charlie Taylor has to get a mention with 10 assists and 4 goals from left back this season! I'm going for Divock Origi as Player of the Season though, he scored an incredible 47 goals in 46 starts this season! My second striker Firmino, hit a very impressive 30 goals in 35 starts.

Consistency is what you want from your centre backs, Lovren and Matip have been very reliable at the back again this season. Another top notch season from our wide players, Mane and Coutinho and our midfield three of Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum were all brilliant this year as well. Perhaps the only disappointment of this season, was Marko Grujic in the second half of the season.

View attachment 92485
Broadcast revenues and competition prize money are both down from last season, probably because we didn't get very far in the Champions League. Divock Origi is our best shirt seller and we also seen a progressive increase in sponsorship deals as well. The Fans Player of the Season was Charlie Taylor and their choice for Young Player of the Season was Divock Origi, it's hard to argue with either of them.

View attachment 92487
View attachment 92486
Next time we've got a summer with tons of contract negotiations to look forward to, that should be really fun lol. Plenty of regens from the youth setup, signing their first deals in the coming weeks, there's pre season and transfers to look at as well, who's coming in and who's leaving the club?

View attachment 91812
First of the regenerations, Gavin Tonge signed a very respectable five year contract with a view to three optional years as well, a long with a lot of these contracts. Gavin is probably the most likely of this young group to break in to the first team picture this year, especially with Ragnar Klavan leaving the club he could be fourth choice centre back next season.

View attachment 91822
View attachment 91821
Richard Sanders is a player that might not get the game time this season but he looks like a fantastic prospect, I wouldn't be surprised if he's knocking on the door in the next few years but we'll have to wait and see.

View attachment 91820
View attachment 91819
This guy looks ******* nuts! He could be a good player in a few years time. He does stil need to do improve mentally and technically but some of his mental attributes are actually quite good for his age, I mean the lad has 18 aggression already! You know he's getting stuck in! Jose Angel also has a good combination of 17 teamwork and 15 work rate, I really hope he makes it.

View attachment 91818
View attachment 91817
These next two didn't sign their professional deals until right at the start of the season. First up Jamie Thomas, will be our third choice right back for next season, if anything happens to Clyne or Trent Alexander-Arnold, he could get some game time this season but I doubt he will get a lot. Some of his physical attributes are very impressive, with 17 agility and 17 balance, I've got big hopes for this lad but he might have to wait until Clyne gets towards the end of his career, before he's in the first team picture.

View attachment 91816
View attachment 91815
Last of all we've got Nick Minshull, the only one of these youngsters to already go out on loan at affiliated club Accrington, he wasn't bad either. He was only there for the last five months of the season but in a short space of time he performed well and although he wouldn't be top of my list, for players who I think will become stars of our team in the future, he is naturally fit and physical. The young man already has 17 natural fitness and 15 stamina so if he does win a place in the first team, we won't have to worry about him not lasting 90 minutes!

View attachment 91814
View attachment 91813

View attachment 91750
With just two years left on his current deal, Dejan Lovren signed a new four year deal with a slight wage rise, which should keep him at the club for his most experienced years as a player. Similarly Joe Gomez signed a new five year deal with just two left on his current contract, giving him a significant wage rise and he's tied down with his best years to come, which is great news for us!

View attachment 91760
View attachment 91761
Sheyi Ojo also signed a deal worth 75k per week this summer and like Pedro Chirivella who signed a 20k per week contract, the deal could potentially last over the next 8 years of their Liverpool careers. Rafael Camacho and Kamil Grabara also signed long term contracts with the club and in fact we really did need to get all four of these players signed up this summer, as they all had just one year left on their contracts.

View attachment 91759
View attachment 91758
View attachment 91757
View attachment 91756
Loris Karius signed a huge deal this summer worth in excess of 120k per week, the five year deal includes an optional three years and a wage rise going up to 160k a week, if he manages to break in to the Germany squad.

View attachment 91755
Lastly we decided to extend Sean Jones contract, with just one year left on his current deal and also Charlie Taylor who had two years left on his. Both of them had their three year optional contract extension triggered this summer, giving Sean a four year deal and Charlie a five year deal.

View attachment 91754
Marko Grujic has been a pain in my **** this past season and after all his whining, I even offered him a very appealing 75k a week contract but after taking a few weeks to think about it he decided to decline the offer. It looked like after all the fuss he would join Dortmund for a bargain price of £15M, even though he's worth more money, he's only got one year left on his contract and we still would of made a tidy profit on the £5M we paid Red Star for him. The deal even included a £30M buy back clause.

Unfortunately though he declined the deal because they weren't offering enough money, then why the **** didn't he just accept 75k a week I offered him before? Maybe he didn't think he would get enough game time, well the contract even had him as a first team player!! Next came Borussia Mochengladbach late in the transfer window, they didn't have much money and at this point I didn't even care, I just wanted him gone!!

View attachment 91753
You all heard about Philippe Coutinho being unsettled over the last few months of the season, interest from PSG really turned his head, even causing his form to dip and eventually being dropped from the first team. A summer of uncertainty followed, constant speculation linking him away, even rumours that Real Madrid and Barcelona were interested but it was PSG who came in with the monster bid of £111M.

View attachment 91751
Potentially breaking the world record transfer fee if it did go through and the deal even included all the money up front! I really, really did not want to lose him though and I rejected the deal and spent the next few weeks, desperately trying to offer him a new deal. All we can do is hope that he stays, I really hope he does!

View attachment 91752

Last edited:
View attachment 91720
We've already mentioned Nick Minshull at Accrington and Mich'el Parker enjoyed a good second half of the season as well, they both helped the team push on and qualify for the play offs and even got them promoted to League 1! It wasn't a time to remember for either Harry Wilson and Taiwo Awoniyi, who both had poor seasons out on loan, lastly Cameron Brannagan did okay on loan at BMG.

View attachment 91728
Alvaro Arbeloa decided to hang up his boots and retire this summer at the age of 36, not a bad career he's had at all. A world cup winners medal, two European Championships and two Champions Leagues as well! Unfortunately he didn't win any trophies with Liverpool but the good news is he joins the coaching team here at LFC.

View attachment 91727
View attachment 91726
Moving on to transfers now and with the experience of Arbeloa and Klavan both moving on this summer, it was clear to me that we needed more experience amongst the team. Our oldest players currently in the team are Henderson and Lovren both aged 29 so with that in mind, there was one player I wanted. My favourite Liverpool player, the king of the yellow card, Lucas Leiva!

He hasn't had the best of times over at Fenerbahce and at just £3M, it really was a no brainer to bring him back. I mean over 10 years already spent serving the club, we could of broke the bank and splashed the cash this summer but that's not what we need, we need experience and that's exactly what we've got.

View attachment 91724
View attachment 91725
Keeping with the trend of signing older heads to fill out the squad, I also signed Yuto Nagatomo on a free transfer from Inter, I very much doubt he will play this season with all the depth we have at full back but he can play both right back and left back. Also his professional personality could see him used as solid tutor for some of our younger players.

View attachment 91723
We did sign one regen this summer in John Shields from Celtic, they'd already seen the potential in him, giving him his first professional contract. With that in mind, I knew they weren't going to let him go for buttons but the fee of £4M isn't a huge deal and if he becomes a first team left back in the future, that money is very well spent indeed.

View attachment 91722
A good pre season for the lads this year and it feels like I say that every time, probably because we don't play the highest standard of opposition but it's pre season. it's all about building up your fitness levels for the new season. We finished with our usual tougher games as we approach the up and coming season and this year we beat Lyon 4-1 and then ended with a 1-1 draw against Monaco. Next time we finally start the new season and I can't wait! Starting off with a match in the Community Shield against Spurs and ending with a home league game against rivals Chelsea.

View attachment 91721

View attachment 91596
A game of very few chances, we probably just about had the better of them and it was the clinical DIvock Origi who put one away. That turned out to be the only goal of today and a good start to the season, coming away lifting the Community Shield. Unfortunately the bad news is that Jordan Henderson suffered an injury keeping him out for the first two months of the season!

View attachment 91612
[video=youtube;AMQcWWQd7Sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMQcWWQd7Sk[/video]

View attachment 91611
View attachment 91610
We played really well today, it didn't take Charlie Taylor long to open his account for the season, with his trademark free kick deflected off the wall this time. Sadio Mane also scored his first goal of the season when he tucked home Sheyi Ojo's cross, Origi went on to complete the scoring with the third goal, continuing his good form.

View attachment 91609
[video=youtube;kpQVgv7GKp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQVgv7GKp0[/video]

Who else but the main man in our team DIvock Origi stepping up with two goals today and that made sure of the win today, It was Mane on the right who set him up not once but twice today. Origi's first goal was a rare header for him.

View attachment 91608
[video=youtube;sPn2kNFVRag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPn2kNFVRag[/video]

With both players having just two years left on their contracts, we got both Gini Wijnaldum and Sadio Mane's deals sorted right as we get going in the season! Both of them have a decent sized wage increase, Wijnaldum signing a four year deal and Mane signing a five year deal. I previously failed over contract talks with Mane this summer.

View attachment 91607
View attachment 91606
More good news, not good absolutely great news! It looks like just as we approach the end of August and transfer deadline day, Philippe Coutinho looks set to stay at the club!! I'm so made up, we could really struggle without him and i'm so glad he's staying!

View attachment 91605
No goals today unfortunately we just couldn't break them down, despite having much the better of the game, dropped points but you can't win every game.

View attachment 91604
The draw for the group stages of the Champions League were upon us and in our group we drawn, Celtic, Shakhtar and the team that knocked us out of the round of 16 in last year's competition, Jurgen Klopp's Atletico Madrid side. A chance to get revenge on that side for us then and I fancy our chances of qualifying as well.

View attachment 91603
It turned out to be a close game today, no surprise against Chelsea but we definitely edged it in terms of chances. The man for the big occasion Gini Wijnaldum scored what proved to be the only goal of the game, the ball was whipped back in from the corner and he unleashed a rocket, smashing it in top corner! I really did go mad when celebrating this goal, loved it!

View attachment 91602
[video=youtube;gqw_wqGdb7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqw_wqGdb7Q[/video]

Plenty of deals go on around the Premier League this summer and perhaps the most interesting, Man City splashing the cash for Aymeric Laporte at £65M! Arsenal seemed to have the same idea spending big money on two centre backs as well, Higuain moved to Man United and Jordan Rossiter, fellow Liverpool player continues to step up his transfer fee, moving on to West Ham. On the world stage one deal that is worth a mention is Renato Sanches swapping Bayern for Barcelona for a huge fee of £83M!!

View attachment 91601
View attachment 91600
View attachment 91599
We've already talked about all of the players who came in and a few who went out but let's talking about some more of the player's who left, Herbie Kane was actually never offered a professional deal at the club and he moved on to Sheffield United for compensation of 850k. Mich'el Parker went out on loan to Accrington again this season, along with Liam Millar who did sign a professional deal this summer.

View attachment 91598
In fact quite a few players went out on loan, Pedro Chirivella went on loan to German club FC Koln, Taiwo Awoniyi went on loan for another year in Holland, this time with PSV. There was even a few players from the
under 18s going out on loan, the likes of Jon Coleman, David Rimmer and Joe Fairs.

Lastly moving on to Marko Grujic, Gladbach could only afford about £3M but I wanted a buy back of £7.5M, the deal looked all set to go ahead but Gladbach wanted to delay the transfer til deadline day and in the end finally the transfer went through. Good luck to Grujic but with attitude like that I very much doubt he will fulfil his potential or even get back in at Liverpool!

View attachment 91595
A good start to the campaign then, we are yet to concede a goal and we might not of scored many but we've done enough to win the majority of our games, just that 0-0 draw against Southampton dropping points. Next time we've got a huge game away at Old Trafford against United and we kick off our European campaign at home to Shakhtar.

View attachment 91597

Last edited:
View attachment 91244
Unfortunately Emre Can was injured during the break, this wouldn't usually be a big deal but Henderson is injured as well so it looks like we'll be playing Trent in defensive midfield for a couple of games.

View attachment 91250
We had an horrific start conceding two early goals and it really wasn't looking good for us but we were thrown a lifeline when Pogba thankfully got sent off. In the second half we came back from two down to level the match with goals from Coutinho and Firmino and that was how it ended. It really was a game of two halves.

View attachment 91249
[video=youtube;9JYHf5HpyOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JYHf5HpyOI[/video]

Mane really was fantastic today, a constant threat on that right side. He cut the ball back for DIvock Origi to smash home for the opener and he also provided another assist for Firmino, who converted a much needed morale boosting goal. Coutinho was our other scorer in the game.

View attachment 91248
[video=youtube;uRMWoMrRJ2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRMWoMrRJ2c[/video]

We really should of won this game by more goals, the lads had plenty of chances and we were really wasteful in front of goal. It was a moment of magic from Coutinho, timing his pass perfectly to set through fellow Brazilian Firmino, to smash his volley in to the bottom corner of the goal.

View attachment 91247
[video=youtube;XU4koqG4xGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU4koqG4xGk[/video]

Moments of brilliance today from Roberto Firmino and Phil Coutinho, Firmino put us ahead, poaching on to the ball from a defender's mistake, Coutinho's freekick was too much for Adrian in goal. Sheyi Ojo came off the bench and gave me something to think about in the second half with a beautifully curled goal and he also set up Joe Gomez to score our fourth as well. Fantastic performance today and we will face Newcastle away in the next round.

View attachment 91246
[video=youtube;KY6CLb84FJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY6CLb84FJ0[/video]

Another good run of games from the lads, winning games confidently and just dropping points to United but we did manage to come back from two down. Next time we've got a tough away trip against Atletico and a home game against Spurs to look forward to.

View attachment 91245

Last edited:
View attachment 91189
Unfortunately that victory against West Ham did have an injury in it, Loris Karius had to go off with a broken hand so Kamil Grabara came off the bench. Our defensive worries continued to get worse just before this game when Joel Matip also come off injured in training with a twisted ankle.

View attachment 91198
View attachment 91197
I rewarded Sheyi Ojo's brilliant performance off the bench with a start today and he repaid that faith with our second goal, Origi with the assist and he was put through himself to score the other goal. Sadio Mane providing the ball. Bournemouth enjoyed a good start to their season but we deserved to beat them today.

View attachment 91196
[video=youtube;Ua3SruOFJYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3SruOFJYo[/video]

Coutinho's goal against United was very nice, smashing it top corner from 25 yards, playing in midfield more often these season it gives him more opportunities to shot from distance and that goal won Goal of the Month for September.

View attachment 91190
[video=youtube;zBkVTissq9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkVTissq9k[/video]

We were missing both Karius and Matip for our last game but this was a big one, a chance to get revenge for knocking us out of last year's Champions League. I decided to try the 343 for the first time this season with a back three of Gomez, Lovren and Chilwell playing on the counter we were excellent today, Origi with two goals and who else? Camacho came off the bench in the second half to score a brilliant solo goal and make sure of the points, Atletico weren't without chances but credit has to go to our back up keeper, Kamil Grabara who made some big saves.

View attachment 91195
[video=youtube;fE9Fnx_jvhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE9Fnx_jvhw[/video]

Divock has started the season on fire this year and he continues to bang in the goals with two more today, Ojo returning after being dropped for the Atletico Madrid clash and providing two assists, a great performance. Mane added a third.

View attachment 91194
[video=youtube;WvYyjjSRdrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYyjjSRdrQ[/video]

A mistake from Loris Karius returning to the side gave Tottenham the lead but we managed to come back from behind in the game to win 4-1. Coutinho with the equaliser, the man on fire Divock Origi with two more goals and he only scores in the big games, GIni Wijnaldum got our fourth.

View attachment 91193
[video=youtube;LssR8Q9ljtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LssR8Q9ljtY[/video]

After just nine games in the league season we're top of the pile just one point ahead of Arsenal who have drew one game and lost while Liverpool have drawn two games, both teams have seven wins though. A perfect run of games for the team, four wins out of four and a particular highlight was the away win against Atletico. Next time we've got three tricky away games all on the bounce, including a trip to Scotland to play Celtic and an away trip to Newcastle in the EFL Cup round of 16.

View attachment 91191

View attachment 91192

Last edited:
View attachment 91113

We had a fairly young team out there today and that seemed to show in the first half, we went in 2-1 down at half time. Players like Ojo, Brannagan, Gomez and Alexander-Arnold were struggling in the pressure of a big European game and it was evident to see we were missing Coutinho but it was Mane and Origi who stepped up in the second half. The lads managed to regroup and come back to win the game 5-2! A goal and two assists for Mane and a hat trick for Origi.

View attachment 91119
[video=youtube;dqRmcZ9oozI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRmcZ9oozI[/video]

Watford are really performing well in the league this year, sitting in fourth place ahead of this one. I treated them with respect and put out a strong side, we took the lead early on through Divock Origi and we looked good to hold on to that lead but Brannagan got sent off for a stupid tackle and that let Watford back in. Mahrez was free and smashed home to level the score and unfortunately that's how it ended.

View attachment 91118
[video=youtube;LEwg8Cxre4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwg8Cxre4Y[/video]

Firmino hasn't been on the pitch much lately with the incredible form of Orgi these past few weeks but I decided to start him today, along with Trent Alexander-Arnold at right back and Ejaria in midfield. I have to say our strikers were really disappointing today, Firmino and even Origi off the bench, couldn't impact the game.We took the lead through Coutinho in the second half, I was hoping to hold on but Newcastle did get one back from De Jong but Coutinho did go on to score again in Extra time and that proved to be the winner! In the Quarter Finals, Hull at home awaits.

View attachment 91117
[video=youtube;hu8SUtN5Kno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu8SUtN5Kno[/video]

View attachment 91116
How hard did we have to make this game? We could of wrapped it up earlier but it took a late Divock Origi penalty to secure the victory, Dejan Lovren got sent off immediately after the goal, this is the second time in just a couple of games we've had a player sent off and I have to say I was disappointed. The good news is we didn't concede this time though and we did collect all three points.

View attachment 91115
[video=youtube;4yJvzHsq_u0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yJvzHsq_u0[/video]

Another good solid run of games but we did drop points in the league against Watford, drawing 1-1 but that doesn't take away from a fighting comeback against Celtic and hard fought battles, winning in extra time against Newcastle and holding on against West Brom. Next time we've got games we really should be winning, we will fancy our chances in all of them.

View attachment 91114

Last edited:
View attachment 91067
Plenty of players being rested today but with that in mind Celtic really didn't give us much a of a challenge. We made it 2-0 in the second half and went on to score four and win by four goals in the end as well, Origi continues to score in consecutive matches, he got two today. Sheyi Ojo played this one and he capped his performance with a goal, along with Joe Gomez, towering high to knock in a header.

View attachment 91075
[video=youtube;qhoA7uiFkNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhoA7uiFkNU[/video]

Another team that have been performing above and beyond their expectations this season but we should be beating Palace. It wasn't easy it took us until the second half til we made the breakthrough, Henderson whipping his free kick in from deep, Joe Gomez with the knock on and Wijnaldum smashed home with a volley! Firmino came off the bench to score a late one and the keeper really should of saved it.

View attachment 91074
[video=youtube;H2VWKtjzN5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2VWKtjzN5M[/video]

Wow two injuries, both the same injury, to two different players. Ovie Ejaria and Cameron Brannagan both pulled up with strained knee ligaments in the space of just a couple of days, they both play central midfield and Ejaria has actually been putting in some consistent performances of late.

View attachment 91073
View attachment 91072
Wow, Origi really did have a field day out there today, he had far too much quality for the QPR centre backs and he hit a hat trick before half time. His second goal actually hit him on the rebound while he was fouled by Hall, but that didn't stop him pouncing on a defenders mistake and completing his hatrick. Today really couldn't have gone any better, Ben Woodburn came off the bench to make his first appereance of the season, in place of Divock and he capped his performance with a goal, completing the scoring at 4-0.

View attachment 91071
[video=youtube;wOc5kE3uZLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOc5kE3uZLw[/video]

The aerial threat of Sheyi Ojo on the left was a constant problem today, up against Shakhtar's right back he was really effective. Setting up Firmino for two goals in the first half, Firmino was incredible today and his fourth goal, was something special and our sixth of the day! Shakhtar could of scored goals but we scored so many, I struggle to see how we could of lost.

View attachment 91070
[video=youtube;Mna1AL5Kmng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mna1AL5Kmng[/video]

Arsenal top the table but for how long? If we can manage to win our game in hand we will reclaim top spot by just one point. I was expecting us to win every game in this update but we smashed it, 16 goals in four games and not a single goal conceded. Next time we've got a tough away game against Man City, a Quarter Final EFL Cup clash against Hull and we also play our last game in our Champions League group, against Atletico.

View attachment 91068
View attachment 91069

Last edited:
Just wanted to let everyone know I've uploaded every goal for every match, since back in our first game in season one. Feel free to browse back through the story or read it from the start, I'll be uploading goal highlights for every update now.

View attachment 90981
I haven't made any changes to the game so Brexit, Britian leaving the EU will go ahead and at the end of this season there will be a lot of new rules for transfers. Firstly it's going to be a lot more difficult bringing in foreign young talent who are yet to break in to their national team, only players who are International regulars playing in Europe will be likely to gain a work permit. Second of all it's worth noting that the bosman rule of signing players on free transfers has been scraped, clubs will now have to pay compensation for every player approached at the end of their contract.

View attachment 90988
The lads were excellent in the first half and we deserdly led from two more goals from the man in form, Roberto FIrmino. Unfortunately for us we threw that lead away in the second half though, after making a few changes we didn't look like the same team and City scored twice late on to level the match at 2-2, that's how it finished.

View attachment 90987
[video=youtube;1p6nbo_NM-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p6nbo_NM-w[/video]

We really did have the chances but the stubborn defence of Hull, held strong until extra time that is. Eventually we got the all important opening goal, Chilwell crossing for Divock Origi to score after he failed to score in his last two games. Henderson went on to score a peach of a free kick and yet again we needed extra time in the EFL Cup but we're in the Semi Finals, receiving the favourable draw against Championship side Birmingham.

View attachment 90986
[video=youtube;Ryd4LhGVgqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryd4LhGVgqg[/video]

View attachment 90984
I was definitely worried going in to this one, we had to use Lucas for the first time this season, as a central midfielder after the tired legs came off the pitch against just three days ago against Hull. I need not worry though, are two first choice full backs Clyne and Taylor came back in but it was the performance of Gini Wijnaldum who caught the eye today, two assists and 50/50 of his passes were successful, incredibly he achieved an 100% pass completion!
In fact our midfield was dynamite today, at half time we had a ridiculous 91% of possession!! Lucas Leiva completed ninety minutes and 55/57 passes giving him a pass completion rate of 96%, Henderson replaced Wijnaldum from the bench and his pass completion was also 96%, successfully completing 45/47 of his passing. I've gone on for quite a while about this game but Charlie Taylor's overhead kick to knock the ball back in to the box for our second goal, that got me very excited.

View attachment 90985
[video=youtube;UHbjTWx7Gpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHbjTWx7Gpc[/video]

I didn't even have my best team out there today, we've already qualified and I'd rather us give a few players a rest, ready for the league game at the weekend. I really didn't expect to win today but there's a real resilience about the team this season and even last season for that matter. Origi gave us an early lead, Atletico did get an equaliser in the second half from Cervi but Henderson smashed his shot home from a loose ball, dropping from the corner and I've got to say I celebrated that goal like it was the winner against Man United!

View attachment 90983
[video=youtube;fPSL6PWQOnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSL6PWQOnM[/video]

Another good run for the lads, we remain unbeaten and not winning games by massive scorelines but getting the job done never the less, hard fought victories against Hull and Atletico. Next time we've got the busy Christmas period ending with a home game against Arsenal and an away trip to Everton just two days later.

View attachment 90982

Last edited:
View attachment 90965
Like a few other league opposition, West Ham are enjoying a very good season this year and I took them seriously. They did have chances but we put the game to bed in the first half and there was no chance of them coming back, Lovren deserdly won man of the match today with a goal and also an assist for Matip so both centre halves scored today and who else but Divock Origi with the other two goals.

View attachment 90974
[video=youtube;r59YCqiP8hY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r59YCqiP8hY[/video]

We got off to a nightmare start during the first half when Dejan Lovren frustratingly gave away a penalty, Sigurosson stepped up and although Karius went the right way he couldn't quite get to it, it was right in the corner. The lads were better in the second half and we really grinded out, Divock Origi really should of scored today, his shot hit the post but Coutinho was there to put in the rebound. Mane scored what proved to be the winner, another assist for Origi heading the ball on to find Sado unmarked.

View attachment 90973
[video=youtube;kBjK0I2OFS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjK0I2OFS0[/video]

What a performance out there today! With Ejaria and Brannagan missing with the same injury and even Richard Sanders who had a slight injury recently, I've played 4231 a lot over this past month. Ejaria was back in training but not fit enough for the bench so I changed back to a 433 for this game and it really worked incredibly well today, Sheyi Ojo came back in and what a showing from him! Three goals and one assist, he was simply breathtaking today, along with Divock Origi who also got three goals and one assist, sucessfully converting two penalties. They make quite the pair!

View attachment 90972
[video=youtube;_XZPuLKdedI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZPuLKdedI[/video]

Unfortunately Emre Can got injured recently, he will miss the next two weeks with a calf strain in a busy couple of weeks for the lads. Meanwhile in the draw for the last 16 of the Champions League we received a good solid draw against Sporting, hopefully we can go through!

View attachment 90971
View attachment 90970
Wow just wow I certainly didn't expect that from a top of the table clash but what a statement we put out to our closest title challengers today. Arsenal have dropped points in their last two games drawing away to Bournemouth and losing away to Watford but they were really poor in this game, we absolutely smashed them all over the place. Divock Origi with four goals today and Gomez and Ojo even gettng in on the act with a goal each as well. If Origi keeps up this form for the rest of the season, we could well be talking about him as the best player in the world!!

View attachment 90969
[video=youtube;Ya_dNwZi-Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya_dNwZi-Is[/video]

I knew when i seen the fixture list back in the summer that these games against Arsenal and Everton would be tough, with just one days rest in between the games! I had to make a few changes but the form we've been in, I didn't want to drop players in form even though they were tired. We were the better team in the first half, Wijnaldum stepping up yet again with a goal, deservdly leading but Origi missed a penalty just before half time but he kept going and added a second. Lukaku's late goal wasn't enough for Everton.

View attachment 90968
[video=youtube;sOEa7bZSdNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOEa7bZSdNQ[/video]

Arsenal have dropped away quite a bit over this past month, they've dropped points in the league more than a couple of times and now we have a solid league at the top of the table. We've done incredibly well to take maximum points from all five games in this update, 6-0 wins against Swansea and Arsenal, backing it up with a strong battle for the win against Everton just two days later. Next time we've got our first FA Cup game of the season, in the third round agaainst Wolves and we also play Birmingham in the EFL Cup Semi Finals.

View attachment 90966
View attachment 90967

View attachment 90674
Lionel Messi has been dominating the Ballon d'Or winning it the past four years and he won it again this year. Divock Origi did incredibly well this year finishing third and even second in one of these awards, particularly towards the end of the year his form has been spectacular. He outscored both Suarez and Messi by tons of goals, amassing a ridiculous 57 goals this year!

View attachment 90689
View attachment 90688
In the World Team of the Year, Divock made it in to the side along with Sadio Mane who took his place on the bench. Sadio did win the BBC African Footballer of the Year, along with the African Midfielder of the Year, Joel Matip won African Defender of the Year and Taiwo Awoniyi came in third place in the African Striker of the Year award. Both Sadio and Joel were named in the African Team of the Year as well.

View attachment 90687
View attachment 90686
View attachment 90684
View attachment 90685
I really thought this would be the season Joe Gomez breaks through as a first team player and maybe even Sheyi Ojo as well but after an up and down start to the season, I wasn't sure this would be his year. It looks like I was wrong because he's really putting in some fantastic performances of late, even pushing Coutinho in to midfield and really making that left winger role his own.

Two more goals today to open the scoring and it was Coutinho who smashed home a powerful volley to make it three! The keeper had absolutely no chance, Wijnaldum came off the bench in the second half to make it four and complete a brilliant display from the lads.

View attachment 90683
[video=youtube;U1PGFhCkeCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1PGFhCkeCc[/video]

I really was debating whether to show this instead just bringing it out as a surprise when we make our only signing of the summer next season. That player has signed on a pre conract, with his contract up at the end of the season and that player is Naby Keita. Liverpool have been linked to this player for months and I'd love to see him sign, I can't wait to see what he can do in this story though!

View attachment 90682
There's plenty of depth in central midfield with WIjnaldum enjoying a fantastic season, Coutinho looking more and more comfortable in that position. Even the performances of Brannagan and Ejaria haven't gone unnoticed this season, one of those two may have to get loaned out this season although the future of Philippe Coutinho is still undecided. Gini Wijnaldum will be 30 next season though and Henderson too, Naby Keita can also play defensive midfield and could play there in the future as well.

View attachment 90681
I'm sticking to my rule of only making one signing per season and unfortunately that meant we had to choose between Naby Keita and Bernardo Silva, of course he recently signed for Man City but on the current game his contract is also up at the end of the season. He's just been named in the World Team of the Year so it might seem as though I made a mistake. I had to think about it really hard but ultimately Keita fits our 433 system so much better, covering two positions where as Silva would force us to play 4231 playing as the central play maker.

Probably forcing Firmino out in to more of a squad rotation option although that's been the case this season with the form of Origi. Bernardo Silva can play central midfield competently but I'm not sure he would be defensively strong enough to play that position. Coutinho offers a similar skill set in that role and probably gives you a bit more defensively as well. In other news we did sign up young regen Ross Edwards, the striker is unlikely to make the Liverpool first team but he looks like a good poacher and I think he'll gone on to be a decent player.

View attachment 90679
View attachment 90680
I really did give some of our young talents a chance to show what they've got today, a first start for Gavin Tonge at centre back and what a way to kick things off with a headed goal from him, just two minutes in to the game! The young lad did look like he had a mistake in him but Wolves were very wasteful. Divock Origi went on to score a hat trick with some excellent finishing, Camacho and Ojo with an assist each and the game ended 4-0 yet again.

View attachment 90678

[video=youtube;QFcOPCmIpcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcOPCmIpcQ[/video]

We struggled to make the breakthrough today but it came just before half time from Sadio Mane, Ovie Ejaria with the assist and Mane repaid the favour in the second half, setting up Ejaria to score his first goal of the season. Emre Can made it three late in the game to secure all three points and also score his first goal this season.

View attachment 90677

[video=youtube;cn5vWHp2KjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn5vWHp2KjU[/video]

Playing Championship opposition for the second time in the last week, after beating Wolves in the FA Cup recently I decided to play a few youngsters again. Lucas Leiva playing at centre back ahead of Gavin Tonge though who did look like he might have a mistake in him against Wolves. The experience of Lucas was needed today, Divock Origi gave us an early lead and in the second half, Wijnaldum and FIrmino came on to both score and most likely wrapping up this tie. 3-0 up with a home game to come we really should go through.

View attachment 90676
[video=youtube;p80UJmlc8AM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p80UJmlc8AM[/video]

A perfect run of games in this update, not conceding any goals and netting fourteen times in just four games but to be fair we should be winning all of these games. Next time out we've got some huge games coming up in the league against rivals Man United and Chelsea, we also play our second leg of the EFL Cup Semi Final against Birmingham.

View attachment 90675

Last edited:
View attachment 90639
Stalemate in the first half, very few chances but the game came alive in the second half. Origi with two more goals today and Coutinho wrapped up the game making it three after he switched to midfield, starting the game on the left in the absence of Sheyi Ojo. United did have chances and Pogba came close hitting the bar at 0-0 early in the second half, they did get a late goal from Higuain but it wasn't enough and the game ended 3-1.

View attachment 90644
[video=youtube;vZh7s5VYNBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZh7s5VYNBk[/video]

I was expecting a tough game today, Chelsea sit in fourth in the table but Coutinho is really looking comfortable playing in midfield now, Wijnaldum opened the scoring and Coutinho added a second. Origi has played a lot this season and while he's becoming one of the best players in the world, his fitness is still something that could be questioned so Firmino came in to lead the line today, dropping deep in to midfield that gave Wijnaldum the chance to break from midfield for our first goal today.

View attachment 90643
[video=youtube;fUkj4CIQfy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUkj4CIQfy0[/video]

We just about got the victory today, it was a close encounter but the lads probably just about edged it. Sheyi Ojo got the only goal of the game from a well worked team goal, Brighton kept clearing the ball but when it fell to Ojo he converted confidently.

View attachment 90642
[video=youtube;_yTdFI1zJBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yTdFI1zJBs[/video]

Camacho, Tonge and Ejaria all played today, leading 3-0 from the first leg we really should be going through and even though we rested a lot of players we should be winning the game as well. Divock Origi returning after a couple of games coming off the bench but starting today he was back on form today, he opened the scoring and Camacho added a second with a brilliant finish. Origi made it three with his second of the game and that's how the game ended, Brannagan today was on form too he assisted every goal and play some quality through balls.

View attachment 90641
[video=youtube;DnmoftyYI_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnmoftyYI_0[/video]

Man United were very busy in the winter transfer window, signing young Belgium winger Fred Mabiala and Italian centre back Daniele Rugani both for big money. Tottenham spent a decent fee for Porto winger Jesus Corona, while Arsenal signed Saido Berahino for a transfer fee potentially rising to nearly £20M.

View attachment 90628
View attachment 90627
On the Liverpool front, there wasn't much happening Harry Wilson did leave the club for Fulham though. The price was just £1.5M and we do have a buy back clause in the deal for £5M. Elsewhere newly promoted to League One, Accrington are struggling in the relegation zone even with the help of Liam Millar and Mich'el Parker. Hopefully Sean Jones and Nick Minshull can get them out of trouble. Lastly Liam Coyle went out on loan to Colchester along with two young strikers from the under 18s, Niall Hope and Jordan White both also joining League Two sides.

View attachment 90626
Another very good run for the lads this time out, big wins against United and Chelsea can really give us confidence and we grinded out the win against Brighton too. Next time we play Chelsea in the fourth round of the FA Cup and we also have our first game back in Europe against Sporting.

View attachment 90640

Must have been tough to to cancel that Silva deal :(

Yeah it was really tough, I really wish I could of signed him he looks like a beast! Also worth mentioning that I offered him a massive 250k per week, he wanted around 220k and that offer seemed to halt any interest from Bayern for the time being. I have to admit signing Keita on 75k per week was much more appealing to me but it's not like we don't have the money.

View attachment 89861