Reaction score

(I apologise for my attempt before this release. I hadn't a tactic testing league)

MEET PETER BOSZ (AFC AJAX)

Meet Peter Bosz, head coach of AFC Ajax Amsterdam. He took over the job of head coach from Frank de Boer, current Inter FC manager. His ideas about football are great. That's why I decided to make a tactic about his philosophy and the current tactic of Ajax Amsterdam. After some struggles at the start in real life, Bosz made a decent machine of Ajax. This tactic is all about creative and technical players in small spaces between the lines.

feab5286d243c7bf69cea34cc20fc016.png

Downloadlink
V1 4123 DM - 30/10/2016 - Click here!
V1 4231 CM - 30/10/2016 - Click here!

View attachment 123058

Peter Bosz is a head coach with a philosophy about closing down much more, pass directly forwards and lots of players that roam from position. Not every influence is - in case you want a decent tactic - a good option to simply replicate. But this tactic has most influences of that vision about football. Enjoy this tactic and let me know how it went!

Opposition instructions
There are two options. I tested both and the difference isn't huge. I would suggest you pick the right opposition instructions in case you face a big opponent. Again, this is optional and not a must. Both opposition instructions will add some extra strength to this tactic to perform well. I have to say I am in doubt about closing down at the STC, STCL and STCR.

View attachment 123057 View attachment 123056

Passing lanes
Below you can find a screenshot of the passing lanes of this tactic. This tactic is all about building up from the back and make use of the midfielders players. Last year at Ajax with Frank de Boer, the wingbacks were one of the players that got the ball and needed to build up. That went not really well. Bosz is a head coach that make use of the midfield players in order to build up.

In the last phase of the field we want to use the wingbacks in attack. The wingbacks make sure there is any width in this tactic and the wingers will position in the centre to cause a lot of problems there. Technical and creative inside forwards are a must of this tactic.

View attachment 123055

4231 VERSUS 4123
You can use the Peter Bosz philosophy due to two options. Control at centre midfield due to a defensive midfielder or with two central midfielders. This is not a guide of when to use which tactics, because both tactics should perform well for you. However, I can give you some tips.

View attachment 123052

Above you see a screenshot of my last match against Ludogorets. They played in a formation with one strikers. This makes it a 2 versus 1 formation at for me. One striker (Ludogorets) against two defenders. That should be enough. Keep in mind, if you do not want to take lots of risks, pick the tactics that gives you an extra player at the back. If the opponent uses one striker and one attacking midfielder (f.e. 4231), I pick the DM verison. If a opponent uses two strikers at front, I also pick the DM version. This is all optional, try both tactics and see what performs best!

Good luck.

Last edited:
peter bosz was the coach of maccbi tel aviv last year

welcome mate, you were very good at 2015 but at 2016 you were not :)

i wish you will be good at 2017 :)

For some reason the page only showed the top of the information and stopped after the tactic download part

welcome mate, you were very good at 2015 but at 2016 you were not :)

i wish you will be good at 2017 :)
I can agree with this. Allthough, Kingdom wasn't that bad. I just hate tactics with wide midfielders - which did work extremely well - and I love 433 tactics. And I will always do and make. Even though it isn't what works best in these ME! ;)

Believe me that I know him

He was the manager of our rival team last year...
seems nice, I'll try it.

I think that is the best tactic for Football Manager 2017!

I gave it a go with my Villarreal side, i've been using the same formation 4-1-2-3 so i'm going to use it from now on
+I'm not going to use any OI's
+Probably not going to make any transfers
-Having played the first match against osasuna i can only say that dlf-sup really bothers me, huge fan of dlf_att though, but i'll stick with yours
-Also standart mentality? i'm going to use that on away games and control in home if its ok

I'm using standard mentality. OI leaves to my assistant manager. I saw that if i go on holiday on match day i win almost all matches.

Conceding tons through crosses and fullbacks being out of position

OI

Do you have to "put" in all those OI¨s before every game ? or is there a way to make the assistant manager to remember it or something like that ?

Do you have to "put" in all those OI¨s before every game ? or is there a way to make the assistant manager to remember it or something like that ?
You can put it in if you go to the tactics screen and go to opposition instructions, than you do not have to do it every time!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Conceding tons through crosses and fullbacks being out of position

Yeah thats the biggest problem with this tactic :(
I made some changes
+WB support, but i gave the same instructions as WB att, so it just made their positioning better without sacrificing their attack
+Changed Half Back to BWM-DE cause after changing WB's to support, hb become unnecessary.
+Changed CM to BBM, i dunno it feels like roaming is really efficient this year
+Changed DLF sup to DLF att, started to get more chances expecially header chances

View attachment 122367