Merry Christmas from Skeletor (NOW 12!!! seasons unbeaten at home and counting)

Love this attacking but jesus christ.... It's **** at defending.... I get caught out every game with balls over the top or counter attack from corners.... Has anybody done a tweak for better defense.... Current game I'm 4 0 down against Watford.... I've had 20 shots... They've had 5....all goals coming from long balls over my defence

cant find any OI either even thought the OP said don't us *** man

Sitting top of the PL with Saints after 30 games, but never feel comfortable in a game and concede so many goals. Tried a few adjustments but no luck. Lot of games finishing 5-4 3-4 3-3 etc. Kevin Keegan would love it.

Quick update! I took time out of my game which is now in 2034 to test my tactic back in season 1 with Bournemouth to help some of you underdogs out. I quickly sold 3 or 4 players, duds and wingers that I don't need and signed De Silvestri for £5m to play in WBR and Dembele from Celtic for just under £20m to help with the attack. I took Besic on loan from Everton and he got injured for 3-4 months. I am playing 2d still and just press quick pick before each game. Full rotation in the League cup, so this should give you an idea of how much I am putting into this little test save.

So I plugged my tactic in which is now 14 seasons unbeaten at home (so when you get good, this 100% should be your home tactic) and you guys are 100% correct this is a super attacking formation that leaves an underdog exposed and leaks goals. 5-4 at home to Liverpool and 6-6 v's West Ham, fun, but that's not what you want when starting out.
View attachment 72814

So at this point I made my first set of tweaks and definitely saw and improvement but kept only 1 clean sheet in 10 games, 9 wins and a loss to finish. Remember I am predicted relegation I think and putting in very little effort with team selection and have 5-6 injuries at this point. But I am still top at the table but you guys wont be happy with that Saints defeat and 1 clean sheet I am thinking.
View attachment 72813
So I made a big style change tweak at this point and have seen some fantastic results. Now I am not sure how good people expect the tactic to be, therefore, before I go and publish a 2nd tactic give me some feedback. I had a run of 3 hard games sandwiched between 2 home games. Then when the team are tired I tried rotating for a win in the League Cup before another 2 hard away games. So a good tactic is going to win those home games with no goals conceded and not get hammered in the 3 tough games in my opinion. Then in the games after the League Cup i was hoping for a miracle. Now here is what happened...(players so tired, not making subs in game. just quick pick next, quick pick next, 1st picture is the team and their fitness after the Brighton game, 2 days before 3 games in a week to come.)

View attachment 72812
View attachment 72809
Now, with that side and that amount of effort, should I keep tweaking or forgive that Chelsea result. The Saints game was rotation, ignore that, but you could see the tiredness as Brighton got 2 goals late...and Chelsea was the only game that I lost on stats...they just beat me fair and square.

So bearing in mind its the 3rd tweak, so some points have been dropped using my original tactic, we are still in a nice position in the league (having played 4 of the big boys away in 2 weeks, and you know I always win at home in the return match) it's also dominating the goals charts, the average rating charts and assist charts. It also has 8 corner goals in 20 matches and only conceded 1 in 20.
View attachment 72807

I think its very nearly ready, your thoughts? I am not going to play this game long term its just a quick test and I don't want to be tweaking forever, I want to get back to my save. What do people expect? is this better than others are doing? Does it need a little more.???

Last edited:
By the looks of it, it is a very good tactic for much stronger opposition!

I'll be more than happy to give it a go for a couple of seasons, as I've succumb to the old FM sickness of multiple injuries in the same position. This strangely effects me rarely when in the transition stage, yet when I've managed to assemble a 1st team, and a 2nd team.

Btw, as long as the tactic doesn't leak goals against, one or less against much stronger sides, it's a winner imo as the original tactic will win you most of the games against the other teams.

Quick update! I took time out of my game which is now in 2034 to test my tactic back in season 1 with Bournemouth to help some of you underdogs out. I quickly sold 3 or 4 players, duds and wingers that I don't need and signed De Silvestri for £5m to play in WBR and Dembele from Celtic for just under £20m to help with the attack. I took Besic on loan from Everton and he got injured for 3-4 months. I am playing 2d still and just press quick pick before each game. Full rotation in the League cup, so this should give you an idea of how much I am putting into this little test save.

So I plugged my tactic in which is now 14 seasons unbeaten at home (so when you get good, this 100% should be your home tactic) and you guys are 100% correct this is a super attacking formation that leaves an underdog exposed and leaks goals. 5-4 at home to Liverpool and 6-6 v's West Ham, fun, but that's not what you want when starting out.
View attachment 1140061

So at this point I made my first set of tweaks and definitely saw and improvement but kept only 1 clean sheet in 10 games, 9 wins and a loss to finish. Remember I am predicted relegation I think and putting in very little effort with team selection and have 5-6 injuries at this point. But I am still top at the table but you guys wont be happy with that Saints defeat and 1 clean sheet I am thinking.
View attachment 1140062
So I made a big style change tweak at this point and have seen some fantastic results. Now I am not sure how good people expect the tactic to be, therefore, before I go and publish a 2nd tactic give me some feedback. I had a run of 3 hard games sandwiched between 2 home games. Then when the team are tired I tried rotating for a win in the League Cup before another 2 hard away games. So a good tactic is going to win those home games with no goals conceded and not get hammered in the 3 tough games in my opinion. Then in the games after the League Cup i was hoping for a miracle. Now here is what happened...(players so tired, not making subs in game. just quick pick next, quick pick next, 1st picture is the team and their fitness after the Brighton game, 2 days before 3 games in a week to come.)

View attachment 1140063
View attachment 1140073
Now, with that side and that amount of effort, should I keep tweaking or forgive that Chelsea result. The Saints game was rotation, ignore that, but you could see the tiredness as Brighton got 2 goals late...and Chelsea was the only game that I lost on stats...they just beat me fair and square.

So bearing in mind its the 3rd tweak, so some points have been dropped using my original tactic, we are still in a nice position in the league (having played 4 of the big boys away in 2 weeks, and you know I always win at home in the return match) it's also dominating the goals charts, the average rating charts and assist charts. It also has 8 corner goals in 20 matches and only conceded 1 in 20.
View attachment 1140082

I think its very nearly ready, your thoughts? I am not going to play this game long term its just a quick test and I don't want to be tweaking forever, I want to get back to my save. What do people expect? is this better than others are doing? Does it need a little more.???

I Can't wait! ;)

View attachment 1140061

View attachment 1140062

View attachment 1140063
View attachment 1140073

View attachment 1140082

What tweaks did you do then?

instant winner!!

I see the instant win button still works then :-D(H)

Thanks !

Hi all, my first message on this forum to thanks Skeletor for his great tactic.
i use it with my favorite team in France AS Monaco during 1 season.
i love it because this tactic provide the possibility to have lot of possession and tentative.
this tactic work well against bad and average team but not always against big team.
its the most difficult, create a tactic that work against nice team, against better team...
maybe i need to train more my player to the role ...
i let more details after more test.
thanks again for your share

Last edited:

You should post it so people can use it for the first couple of seasons before switching over to your main tactic. Regardless of the tactic a team like Bournemouth will struggle against the likes of City, United, Chelsea etc. The gap in player skill is just too big and it would be ridiculous if you could go unbeaten with an underdog team. Second in the league is still a massive achievement for the first season.

Hi, Skeletorxxx, I would like to ask you a question: - you said that you usually go on holiday (vacation) between the matches... Now I was wondering how do you deal with situations in the meanwhile, mostly with player contracts, transfer offers and similar kind of stuff when your presence is necessary? And can you pls tell me (or screeenshot) your staff responsabilities???

Hello,

I test this tactic for the second season and i learn how to manage it. I continue to think that its a really really good tactic. One of the best i used. Thanks again to Skeletor.

My result for the second year are really good.
To resume : with my team monaco :
2nd place in Ligue 1
Win the french cup
Win the little ligue french cup
1/4 final in Champions league (lost against Real Madrid)

View attachment 71743

I have some questions too :

1°) During a match, do you change the mentality or stay in control ? Maybe sometimes defensive or offensive ? (During my second season i just stay in control.)

2°) in this tactic its important to find good FBL/FBR, and its difficult. I try to increase the level of young player, but do you think its better to try to adapt a DC or a ML ?

I let you know when i find someting more.

Hi, Skeletorxxx, I would like to ask you a question: - you said that you usually go on holiday (vacation) between the matches... Now I was wondering how do you deal with situations in the meanwhile, mostly with player contracts, transfer offers and similar kind of stuff when your presence is necessary? And can you pls tell me (or screeenshot) your staff responsabilities???

If you tick less stops/faster processing, the stuff to do builds up and is waiting for you when you arrive at match days. be sure to issue warnings after red cards and keep an eye on player happiness, but its faster, better and I have no problems with morale. I do contracts in April/May to get the most of the 5 years length or before that its 4 years. ***' man does everything apart from Opposition instructions, he can change your tactic or plan and mess things up and I also do the individual specific training myself to retrain players and add traits.

Hello,

I test this tactic for the second season and i learn how to manage it. I continue to think that its a really really good tactic. One of the best i used. Thanks again to Skeletor.

My result for the second year are really good.
To resume : with my team monaco :
2nd place in Ligue 1
Win the french cup
Win the little ligue french cup
1/4 final in Champions league (lost against Real Madrid)

View attachment 1141296

I have some questions too :

1°) During a match, do you change the mentality or stay in control ? Maybe sometimes defensive or offensive ? (During my second season i just stay in control.)

2°) in this tactic its important to find good FBL/FBR, and its difficult. I try to increase the level of young player, but do you think its better to try to adapt a DC or a ML ?

I let you know when i find someting more.

I don't change mentality ever. But I am testing Standard and Counter versions of this tactic at the moment and they are performing well. But I believe if the tactic is good it should fit all situations and never be changed. Like the classic FM tactics of old.

Its massively important to have players who are natural or accomplished in every position. So you need to make that a top priority. If players are being trained or are wonderkids...don't play them in the bigger games over natural players or expect some poor results. Just train anyone who can cross a bit, tackle a bit, pass a bit and has a bit of pace.

Are you goin to upload new version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk