Red is Best????

mattdamon1990

Brazil 2014 all the way
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Englands kits should be switched around. I.e the red kit becomes the home kit, and white the away kit? IMO the red kits have consistently looked miles better than white kits in recent years. Plus whenever i think of the national team i think of bobby moore in that red 1966 kit.

You do have a point,although I would much rather stick to the white shirt,navy blue shorts and white socks than the current one..

i love the new away kit though. Ive always thought that we should drop umbro but this made me change my mind

no sorry england are white simple as that. i do love the red kit but it will never change.

Well your flag is white with a little red, so it's fitting that the home shirt is white with a little red.

Well your flag is white with a little red, so it's fitting that the home shirt is white with a little red.
true but the red pretty much takes up half the flag. Its not like its a minor colour

You can't just drop tradition because it "looks better" imo

You can't just drop tradition because it "looks better" imo
fair comment, however try talking about the footballing tradition of England without mentioning the 1966 wc final, which was won in red, and the major image of Englands football history is probably this
england1966.jpg

an image that is famous around the world. So perhaps the legacy and tradition of english national team could be associated with red, more than white?

fair comment, however try talking about the footballing tradition of England without mentioning the 1966 wc final, which was won in red, and the major image of Englands football history is probably this
england1966.jpg

an image that is famous around the world. So perhaps the legacy and tradition of english national team could be associated with red, more than white?

No. We may have won the WC in red, but our home kit is white. Always has been. Always will be - End of.

I reckon it should have more red on it, personally.

Or, alternatively, take to the pitch looking like extras for Reservoir Dogs:
0361bbe1-35c9-419d-b672-055949ddb2ed.jpg

Umbro's kits have improved because they're owned by Nike...

I love the red shirts.

But then again, I love tradition.

true but the red pretty much takes up half the flag. Its not like its a minor colour

It takes up about a 10th of the flag, so yes it is a minor colour. England are a team in white, wouldnt be the same otherwise. Same with Ireland, couldnt picture them in a white home kit.

It takes up about a 10th of the flag, so yes it is a minor colour. England are a team in white, wouldnt be the same otherwise. Same with Ireland, couldnt picture them in a white home kit.
Northern Ireland's flag has zero green on it yet we were green.

The Dutch wear orange, yet there is no orange in their flag...

I'll admit I'm being obtuse here. Orange is their national colour, but you catch my drift. I don't think that having the colour on your flag necessarily means that it HAS to go onto your kit, or vice-versa.

True but the White Away one is a lovely jersey I'm wearing it now :)