Reinstalling from Steam And Copying Game Saves

keywal

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is more guidance than a question,
a few weeks ago i raised a thread about reinstalling FM 09 after you've reinstalled windows and a few things were thrown about involving losing 1 of my 5 install licenses and copying folders and stuff.... all quite worrying but there's no need.

All i did was reinstall windows....
go to steam website and download the steam application..
Log into it and it should have FM as one of your games... you need to download it again, shouldn't take long!!!
No Lost license, no pain in the face!!!

oh wait there was...

i copied all of the Sports Interactive Folder And pasted it back into my documents when i rebuilt my computer assuming that i could play my games again but it wouldn't work!!!!

i was 6 seasons into a game and everything was going well till this!!!

never fear though there is a solution... in preferences the very bottom option asks whether to use the user data folder or not and requires the game to be restarted.... well tick it and reload the game!!! woo hey everything from tactics to skins , player faces and shortlists all found and working!!!

this is just a rough guide for anyone with a failing system like myself and needed to rebuild! :D
good luck guys and if anyone has any questions, let me know!

ah!
i was looking to see if i could do something like this.
As i have the disc i was hoping to uninstall the game. wipe hd then re-install the game,do the updates and then continue with my saved game.
Hopefully just copying over the folder in my documents will do this.
As soon as someone else confirms that i won't lose my current saved game (with all players,money,club position etc) and i'll be able to continue then i'll be happy.

Jp