RIP Chester and Farsley

Winters

Reaction score
Chester City and Farsley Celtic are no more part of the football pyramid.

Chester was wound up in court this morning and Farsley Celtic have disbanded and will reform in a Unibond league.

R.I.P Chester and Farsley.

Remember the days when we played Chester in the League 2..

shame for chester, though they wouldve just struggled had they not been wound up

Only 1 season ago. Farsley started the season with 10 point deduction but got to mid-table then disbanded due to debt.

A sign of things to come across the football leagues i feel

Apparently there is a fan group who are bringing Chester back anyway...they were at the High Courts today and cheered when the news was out the liquidation meant they could reform the club.

True. I think that Portsmouth will go sooner or later as they need £7m a month to get by.

Apparently there is a fan group who are bringing Chester back anyway...they were at the High Courts today and cheered when the news was out....so they could bring the club back.

what, in the UniBond Zamaretto Western Premier Random Division;)

We'll be out of admin tommorow (hopefully) So I'm glad my club aren't going the same way......

Doesn't matter. If I was a fan of Chester I would rather see them in existence in a county division than not in existence at all. Sometimes football is about supporting a team and not caring if that team is particularly succesfull.

Also I heard they applied to be in the Welsh Premier Division.

Could see it coming for ages to Chester. Didn't know much about Farsley though.

Shame, but had to happen eventually.

are you serious or am i just ridiculously gullable? XD

? It's true they did. The old chairman was trying everything to hold onto the club and applied to the Welsh Premier League. The Fans however feel they are an English club and want to play in England.

I thought the ruling was if you reform a club you have to start one division lower than the one you are in now? Although with Chester being exiled I guess that ruling is void XD