RIP Piermario Morosini

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 2K
B

Blynd1

A few moments ago, Piermario Morosini, Livorno player, died on the fiel, his heart stopped... REST IN PEACE.

[video=youtube;lBOhkNnMelc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBOhkNnMelc[/video]

So young, that really is terrible. RIP

This has shocked me complely. I'm amazed that the referee didn't turn round when one of the Livorno players appeared to be screaming at him. R.I.P Piermario Morosini, such a sad day in the Footballing world.

RIP. Awful lot of tragedies in football really.

Why didn't the referee stop with the player screaming at him? Shows how lucky Muamba was to have play stopped immediately.

This is happening at an alarming rate, something needs to happen to stop it.

Terrible news and my thoughts go his closed and beloved ones. RIP, young man

No way can this be happening again to another young footballer, such tragic news, R.I.P Morosini.

Why didn't the referee stop with the player screaming at him? Shows how lucky Muamba was to have play stopped immediately.

Ridiculous how long the ref took to acknowledge it.

Yeah, the referee seemed to take yonks to notice that a player was down, I don't like to blame people, but surely he could've done better? However, the incident is so sad (and yet there have been so many of these on the football field) - R.I.P. to Piermario Morosini! I hope something like this never happens again!

​- PZW

I don't think it is fair to be blaming the referee for not turning around. For a start, we don't know what the player was calling, just don't feel blame should be set on his shoulders.

Yeah, RIP. Muamba was lucky that there was so many people around so he received the best treatment possible but in Morosini's case it wasn't the same. Another footballer taken from us. so sad...

Yeah, the referee seemed to take yonks to notice that a player was down, I don't like to blame people, but surely he could've done better? However, the incident is so sad (and yet there have been so many of these on the football field) - R.I.P. to Piermario Morosini! I hope something like this never happens again!

​- PZW

I don't think he realised it was so serious but no-one is too blame, so let's not going pointing fingers just a very tragic incident.

Firstly Muamba, who luckily survived, and now Morosini. Bill Shankly once said "Football isn't a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that"
We Liverpool fans tend to quote that quite alot, but it suddenly makes no sense anymore, when this happens. Nothing is more important than a persons life.

R.I.P lad :wub:

Last edited:
"He was such an unlucky man. He lost both parents young, his brother and sister have physical handicaps. His little brother recently killed himself by jumping out of a window. He had the most unfortunate life."

That's just incredibly sad and tragic. Brave man, he tried to stand up again after his cardiac arrest. This kind of incident is happening recently at an alarmingly rate. I hope FIFA does something about it.