Status
Not open for further replies.

Winters

Reaction score
Rotherham Utd - Rising Again

After the 08-09 season finished there has been much speculation about Ronnie Moore's position at Rotherham United and his stay at Rotherham has come to an end. Ronnie Moore has left due to family reasons and new comer Martyn Brown has taken over at the Don Valley Stadium for the for-see able future. Martyn's comment on becoming the new Rotherham manager..."To join such a wonderful club is a dream come true. I hope to remain in charge of Rotherham for a long time to come and take the team back up the leagues once again." Martyn has been given a transfer budget of £50,000 and a wage budget of £22,500 from the Rotherham board.

Club Information
Year founded - 1884
Stadium Name - Don Valley Stadium
Capacity - 25,000 All-Seater
Corporate Facilities - Adequate
Training Facilities - Good
Youth Facilities - Average

Objective
Season 1 - Gain promotion to League 1.
Season 2 - Push for play-off place in League 1.
Season 3 - Gain promotion to Championship.
Season 4 - Consolidate within the Championship.
(More to follow...)

Pre-Season

Here are my pre-season results. Not as great as expected but some good matches and close to some upsets.

2s0ol1i.jpg

Next update will be the August update with transfers later today.

Last edited:
Not a bad result against Wigan there buddy to only lose 0-1. Not a bad pre-season to be fair. Good Luck I'll be following.

Not a bad result against Wigan there buddy to only lose 0-1. Not a bad pre-season to be fair. Good Luck I'll be following.

I should have had a penalty in that game also. Cheers for following.

i love yorkshire teams for some reason, good luck mate

August Update

Rotherham 2 (Gwillim, Pope) - 0 Accrington Stanley
Rotherham make the prefect start to the season with goals from Gwillim and Pope. This result sent Rotherham to the top of the table on the first game of the season.

Derby 1 - 1 (Borini) Rotherham
Rotherham are knocked out of the Carling Cup on penalties at Pride Park. Rotherham lead at half time with Borini getting a shot on target but Derby leveled mid way through second half.

Bournemouth 1 - 0 Rotherham
Rotherham sunk to their second defeat in a row in a 1 nil loss at Bournemouth. Bournemouth's goal was scored in injury time in the first half.

Grimsby 0 - 2 (Le Fondre, Evans) Rotherham
Rotherham get their first win in 2 with a 2 nil win at Grimsby. Le Fondre and Evans getting the goals in the first half.

Rotherham 3 (Borini, Law, Broughton) - 0 Rochdale
Rotherham get a comprehensive win against Rochdale with all the goals coming in the first half courtesy of Borini, Law and Broughton.

Macclesfield 0 - 1 (Law) Rotherham
Rotherham will take a 1 nil win at Macclesfield but in truth the match was of poor standard.

Transfer Update
The transfer window was fairly quiet for Rotherham with only 3 people arriving at the club and nobody leaving. Martyn brought in Fabio Borini from Chelsea on season-long loan, Corry Evans until end of the season from Manchester United and paid £30,000 for Gareth Gwillim from Histon.

Player of the month
My player of the month is Nicky Law. Nicky holding the midfield solid and just playing behind the front two. Scoring 2 goals in 4 appearances so far this season. This could have also gone to Fabio Borini but Nicky has held the midfield together and has helped in defense also.

Yeah I'll Be Following My Story is from Yorkshire Also :D

Great layout mate, care to follow my story?

i`ll definately follow mate makes a change someone being a lower division team instead off Chelea and Manchester United etc.

Not a bad start to the season and how did you manage to get Borini mate?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1817
download my Nottingham Forest tactic ^

Easy. Just loaned him for season, can play in cups and can be recalled. Best part is that I do not pay anything towards his wages :D

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I have done all the matches for September so in the next half hour the next update will be in.

Easy. Just loaned him for season, can play in cups and can be recalled. Best part is that I do not pay anything towards his wages :D

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I have done all the matches for September so in the next half hour the next update will be in.

not a bad bit off bussiness there then mate he`s class.

thinking of starting a Burton Albion story :S(H)

September Update

Rotherham 3 ( Borini, Cummins, Law) - 1 Grimsby
Rotherham goes through after 3-1 victory over Grimsby in the Johnson's Paint Trophy. A fime display from Nicky Law and Fabio Borini helped the Millers safely through.

Rotherham 3 (Borini, Law x2) - 0 Morecambe
Rotherham comfortable in easing to a 3 nil win over Morecambe. Nicky Law was man of the match with 2 goals in the first half.

Rotherham 2 (Mills, Law) - 0 Chesterfield
Rotherham yet again win as they brush aside Chesterfield 2 nil. Nicky Law again scored for the 4th time in 3 matches.

Cheltenham 2 - 0 Rotherham
Rotherham suffer their first defeat in 6 matches to the hands of Cheltenham

Rotherham 2 (Law x2) - 2 Barnet
Barnet came from 2 nil down to draw with Rotherham. Law who is in excellent form of late scored another 2 goals.

Northerhampton 3 - 5 (Law, Pope x2, Le Fondre x2) Rotherham
What a game! Was too and throw through out the match. Le Fondre and Pope were brilliant through out.

Crewe 1 - 1 (Broughton) Rotherham
Good point for Rotherham as Crewe were on top for the whole match.

Player of the month
Only one person could have it this month. Nicky Law for 7 goals this month.

Last edited:
September Update

Rotherham 3 ( Borini, Cummins, Law) - 1 Grimsby
Rotherham goes through after 3-1 victory over Grimsby in the Johnson's Paint Trophy. A fime display from Nicky Law and Fabio Borini helped the Millers safely through.

Rotherham 3 (Borini, Law x2) - 0 Morecambe
Rotherham comfortable in easing to a 3 nil win over Morecambe. Nicky Law was man of the match with 2 goals in the first half.

Rotherham 2 (Mills, Law) - 0 Chesterfield
Rotherham yet again win as they brush aside Chesterfield 2 nil. Nicky Law again scored for the 4th time in 3 matches.

Cheltenham 2 - 0 Rotherham
Rotherham suffer their first defeat in 6 matches to the hands of Cheltenham

Rotherham 2 (Law x2) - 2 Barnet
Barnet came from 2 nil down to draw with Rotherham. Law who is in excellent form of late scored another 2 goals.

Northerhampton 3 - 5 (Law, Pope x2, Le Fondre x2) Rotherham
What a game! Was too and throw through out the match. Le Fondre and Pope were brilliant through out.

Crewe 1 - 1 (Broughton) Rotherham
Good point for Rotherham as Crewe were on top for the whole match.

Player of the month
Only one person could have it this month. Nicky Law for 7 goals this month.

im liking the start there mate..
i`ll keep following
;)

Rotherham Untied Rising

Nice Season going on there mate keep it up, hope you get promoted8-|

Nice Season going on there mate keep it up, hope you get promoted8-|

I hope so too. BTW I am not using any tactic off of FM-Base. This is one I made myself and it seems to be working for my first one xD

I will post a screenshot of my tactic tomorrow.

Cheers thank you. I dont think I am doing too bad on my first story.

yeah mate hopefully your tactic lasts for the whole season..
all the way to promotion to League 1 ;)

------

england5.gif

Lol. Indeed. Through out tomorrow I will be making a tactic just for Rotherham and will be put to the test at a later date when fixtures are not needed or next pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.