Sacked!!!!!!

Lewis

just lost the game
Reaction score
Well I know I'm a bit late but oh well, and plus i tried searching this time ;), and nothing of the subject came up.... so yeah I'll get on with it.

It's official, Paul Sturrock has been removed as manager of Plymouth Argyle and moved to business manager, as Paul Marriner takes over in management position.

To be honest, I'm suprised that Luggy wasn't sacked last season. People kept saying, yep he'll be sacked during international break. Never happened. Then new owners took over, yeah he''l get sacked then. Nope.
Finally it's come, and personally, I think Marriner will do a good job. All we need is some better players, maybe a new left back, centre mid, and we need Marriner to get the best out of skillful players. If that dosen't happen, I can't see Marriner keepin his job for long either. What do you guys think?

hes not a very good manager so i cant say im too suprised, plymouth deserve better :)

he can't cut it at championship level, sheff wed will also tell you that ;)

Shocking manager. It makes you glad that we have a manager like Hughton. ^^)

his decision making is poor, like when we were 4-1 down to barnsley (luckily it got rained off :)), he took off folly and put on noone, even though folly was one of the best players that day.
Hasn't started reda johnson yet, want to see what he's like, and his pre/post match interviews just lack motivation or any type of encouragement whatsoever

Billy Davies has got to be one of the best in league :D.
Look where we was last year when he took charge and were we are know :D:D:D.

yes yes indeed. nottingham forest's for atm is outstanding!!!! shame sturrock couldn't do that

I think Holloway has got to be one of best Managers in Championship at the moment, did well at Plymouth and now doing amazing at Blackpool, It will be interesting to see who Argyle bring in.

well marriner is the manager, or do you mean player wise?

and yeah i agree, holloway was great when it came to actually managing matches and stuff, but he left argyle in a financial mess, well, maybenot that bad, but still, left us in a pretty bad situation financially

Paul Hart - Next Plymouth manager. Gotta be a definite move for both the club and Paul Hart. He'd do well there.

yeah but its already been said, marriner's the manager,

i wish paul hart would take over thouggh :(

i honestly think they should get paul trollope from bristol rovers, though hes the best manager weve had in years it would be a fab appointment, hes transformed rovers

i think he'd take that on board and have a serious think on that ;)

I don't see why Mancini wouldn't. However, it would be tight between him and Mourinho. ;)

of course, tell me something thats not obvious ;)

One of the worst managers I have ever seen, I can remember his ill-fated stint at Southampton, lasted about 4 months.
Hughton is turning into a good manager, Chris, he has turned the Toon Army's fortunes around this season. Deserves a lot of credit, helped Newcastle through one of our toughest times in the club's history.

i think it's slightly harsh saying is one of the worst managers, because he's actually pretty good in leagues below the championship- look at what he did with argyle untill he reached the championship

And then the only words for him in the Championship were epic fail.