Saturday and Sunday League Football

CJACKO11

Reaction score
I looked to see if there was a thread on this already and couldnt find one, i know their proberly is but hay. I would presume alot of us play Saturdays and/or Sundays and i thought it would be nice for everyone to share their results and performances and post pictures to prove things etc.

Me and my mates have just started up a Sunday league team called Lanyards FC (our local and one of Portsmouth's well known pubs) where i was nominated player manager. We play in the white and sky blue Argentina style kit which is very nice. We played one friendly a month ago against a side in our league and drew 4-4, looks ok but we did go 3-0 up before going 4-3 down only to score a penalty in the last minute to draw. Dissapointed but we were by far the better side and should have spanked them.

The Sunday just gone was our first league game ever and we ran out 9-0 winners and could have won by much more, very one sided indeed. Very good performance and we currently lie top of the league with alot of confidence going into our next game.

View attachment 194605

Just signed for a semi-pro team, Bournemouth Poppies. First league game was this Saturday just gone and managed to bag a debut goal in a 5-2 win after being 2-0 down at half time :)

I play for an U15 team, we drew 2-2 this weekend. And Alex, Bournemouth Poppies beat a side 20-0 in our league yesterday :D The team they beat are our big rivals.

play for unicorn athletic, yes you read it right we are named after unicorns. heres the clubs homepage :http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/unicornathleticjfc/
i play for the u16 metros
Danny Higginbotham played for Unicorn

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

oh and we have our own hate page in facebook entitled 'unicorn metros are ****'
no one likes us we don't care

I play for an U15 team, we drew 2-2 this weekend. And Alex, Bournemouth Poppies beat a side 20-0 in our league yesterday :D The team they beat are our big rivals.

Ahhh I'm very glad to hear that, who do you play for man?

Thats the one that closed down?

Bingo.

---------- Post added 07/09/2011 at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was 05/09/2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Just signed for a semi-pro team, Bournemouth Poppies. First league game was this Saturday just gone and managed to bag a debut goal in a 5-2 win after being 2-0 down at half time :)

Second league game tonight, won 6-0. Got myself on the scoresheet again, just before half time a left foot volley on the edge of the box into the top corner. Top of the league I think :)

Second league game tonight, won 6-0. Got myself on the scoresheet again, just before half time a left foot volley on the edge of the box into the top corner. Top of the league I think :)

Dalglish snap him up!

After our 9-0 win last week we lost 10-1 today. People let me down and didint turn up and we played a side who plays long ball football and we was without any centrebacks so it was always going to be a nightmare.

i was them in FM :wub:

Another game for my team Lanyards today and we played our rivals (due to the fact we have the same sercutary), we played these pre-season and drew 4-4. Today on the other hand we ran out 9-3 winners and it could have been more, i came on for the last 20mins and got myself two assists to round off the day.

How did everyone else get on this weekend?

Last edited:
Another game for my team Lanyards today and we played our rivals (due to the fact we have the same sercutary), we played these pre-season and drew 4-4. Today on the other hand we ran out 9-3 winners and it could have been more, i came on for the last 20mins and got myself to assists to round off the day.

How did everyone else get on this weekend?

Good man!

And lost 3-2 in the cup to Bournemouth Electric, physical side and they got the winner with 10 mins left, shame really.

Up to 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games.

Good man!

And lost 3-2 in the cup to Bournemouth Electric, physical side and they got the winner with 10 mins left, shame really.

Up to 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games.

Ah unlucky, time to use that "we can concentrate on the league now" comment lol. What age group do you play for?