Scared of dying?

Ross 95

Web Designer!
Reaction score
Just started to weirdly wonder about end of life...
  • I am like very curious of what others actually think will happen to them when they day, whether it is a religious belief (life after death) or non-religious at all.
  • Also are you scared of dying?
I am very confused and struggling to think of what could happen at the time of my death and also really quite worried/concerned about it.

So really i just want to see what you all think....

- Thankyou all for your responses and i am amazed at having over 16 pages of discussion about this, so many thanks!

Last edited:
How old are you?

Best bet for you is to get busy living.

I'm infinitely more worried about my loved ones dieing and not spending enough time with them.

How old are you?

Best bet for you is to get busy living.

I'm infinitely more worried about my loved ones dieing and not spending enough time with them.

Nearly 17; i know it's young and yeah its true get busy living. But i was just really curious.

Dude, you really shouldn't think about these things just yet-they screw with your head. And I'm speaking from experience. Think about it when your much older. If you think about this and worry all the time, you'll never enjoy your life properly-which is why I never think about it anymore. Embrace it while you can.

You'll grow out of it. You are just now reaching your intellectual potential, so such esoteric thoughts tend to pop up.

As I said, best thing to do is stay active, but reflecting on such thoughts of life on occasion is also healthy because it keeps you grounded in reality and lets you appreciate the small things in life.

You'll grow out of it. You are just now reaching your intellectual potential, so such esoteric thoughts tend to pop up.

As I said, best thing to do is stay active, but reflecting on such thoughts of life on occasion is also healthy because it keeps you grounded in reality and lets you appreciate the small things in life.

I can see what you mean by that....but I know the friends of my GFs kids, and they started thinking about it...and now they're just fascinated by it, or just worry literally 24/7. Think it can also depend on the person. I think so anyway. But I see what you mean about appreciating small things in life

Yeah it actually makes me, think of all the great things i actually do have in my life at the minute.

You can't choose when you die, you can't choose not to die when the time comes. Therefore, as something we can't control, don't waste time fretting/ worrying about it. If you die, you die - it'll happen eventually and afterwards you won't be bummed about it or anything you just won't exist. I think it's completely pointless to worry about it or even think about it tbh.

It's good to know that it will happen eventually though, just for those 'should I shouldnt I' situations - you may as well because within 80 years max you'll be in a box in the ground.

Don't take life too seriously, in the end, nobody gets out of it alive.

If it makes you feel better, with the rate medicine is advancing, you'll have a much higher life expectancy than if you were born just a couple of decades ago. :)

If it makes you feel better, with the rate medicine is advancing, you'll have a much higher life expectancy than if you were born just a couple of decades ago. :)

I was really happy when i read about the scientific successful experiment of them being able to improve the length of life; just like gives you a boost of energy :L.

I was really happy when i read about the scientific successful experiment of them being able to improve the length of life; just like gives you a boost of energy :L.

I posted a thread while ago about a Cambridge scientist who believes the first person to live to 1000 has already been born.

I posted a thread while ago about a Cambridge scientist who believes the first person to live to 1000 has already been born.

That is the news article i was on about!

This type of **** only messes with your head. Don't think about it and think about something happy, like gay ****.

Meh... I'm not scared of dying... I'm scared of how I will die.

I can't think of anything less scary personally. Not that I would embrace the thought of dying, but if you do, not like you can do anything about it.

What a complete and utter crackpot. No-wonder we havn't cured cancer yet with Cambridge (one of our best Educational Institutes) churning out morons like this. 200 Maybe, at a push. 1000 not a ******* snowballs chance in ****.

I think everyone considers it from time to time. Me perhaps more than most, since I've been in situations where my death was a very real possibility.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually quite excited about dying. I like living, of course, and that is why I intend to until I stop liking it, but when my time comes I'll welcome it with open arms. I'm an atheist, and as such have no idea what will come next, no such close-minded views about what happens after death. There's no linear path that I take due to the actions I took during my lifetime or any such bullshit as that. Whether I die choking on my own vomit after trying and failing to out-drink Dunc in December or peacefully in a bed at a ripe old age ninety years from now, death is the next great adventure. I welcome it with open arms.

Best thing to do is enjoy yourself and make sure your life is well lived by, you know...... getting laid. So then whatever happens after death, at least you know your life reached its full potential. I'm not scared of it personally cos I'm confident they're will be an afterlife. But seriously, what's with the dower thread? :S