Getting board to build new stadium any tips or hints?

Tiberius1945

Reaction score
I am currently in my tenth season with shamrock rovers on fm11 (Also playing a game on fm12 with them)
Won the league 9 years in a row and and won every domestic cup nearly every season, always get the treble anyway. Done decent in europe champ league group phase past 5 season.

But cannot seem ton convince the club to build a new staadium. The starting capacity was 7500.
Got it increased over two expansions too 12500 and it now says "Expansion capacity reached"

So only option is too build a new stadium but board never thinks its a good time its always greyed out?

Fill the stadium nearly every game avg league attendance is 12327 or something like that?

On FM10 I had a similar issue with Noicattaro (god rest their souls). I got them a new stadium built, and it ended up only getting to a 12500 max capacity. The board wouldn't build a new stadium nor expand it further despite getting allotted 50 million transfer budgets each year.

Then again, maybe it has something to do with Noicattaro being a tiny rural town in Italy? Regardless, I still had the highest priced tickets in Europe and every game was a sell out.

Haven't got that far in a season yet on Fm 12, but on FM 11 you have to be patient. Plus finances are a huge factor in building a new one. In FM 11 I was starting out in Iceland, one of my favorite leagues now to play in, but after the first year I was there and won the league the board decided to build a new stadium. I wanted to just expand it. 15 years later and having a ton of money the board decided to build another stadium for me and it went up to like 45,000 seater. So it is possible to get at least two stadiums built.

Maybe you could use FMRTE? It might have a feature to build a new stadium or something.

On FM10 I had a similar issue with Noicattaro (god rest their souls). I got them a new stadium built, and it ended up only getting to a 12500 max capacity. The board wouldn't build a new stadium nor expand it further despite getting allotted 50 million transfer budgets each year.

Then again, maybe it has something to do with Noicattaro being a tiny rural town in Italy? Regardless, I still had the highest priced tickets in Europe and every game was a sell out.

There is a difference between transfer budget and financial balance.
The money you need to expand/build your stadium will be directly taken from your balance. It represents your liquid assets.

I find that all this part with direction board is not developped enough (you can not decide how many new seats you want, if u want a financial loan or not...).
I can't even compare FM and LFP/FIFA MANAGER but all the financial/marketing part is much more developped on LFP/FIFA...
I hope they will improve this part of the game next year in order to really enjoy club management.

Finances are decent sitting at about 30mil, although i dont get anywhere near that too spend on players.

Hit a bit of a glass ceiling really if i dont get this stadium expanded cant really make any more money,
winning league easily but cant compete in europe past group phase until start earning big money,
not sure how bit a stadium a club like shamrock rovers can fill though, have just over 5000 season ticket holders in season 20/21

Although in saying that dublin is quite a big area surely a 20000 seater would be doable i would imagine

Just be patient and normaly they will accept soon.

2 main things are liquid asset (you have 30M) and fans. (in my save with dartford, 10 000 fans / 15 000 places).

Continue to save money and they will accept to build a new stadium.

I am Rotherham in my 12th season. I have been looking for a thread like this for a while now. In the 2nd season I moved into a new ground, as is the case in real life. In the 4th season i had the ground expanded to full capacity (16,000 :/ ). Now i am winning everything but the stadium is pathetic. When i go on boardroom all of the stadium options are greyed out. I want to know why this is and if there is anyway that i can change this??

With Tottenham at start of game I asked for new stadium, chairman said no at first, but I said it would give financial benefits and he agreed, New stadium will have ~49000 seats and will cost 200+ millions, so it won't come cheap, but it is certainly possible.

In my Tottenham game the board built a new stadium in 2018 , they named it after steve perryman and it has a capacity of 65.000, i didn't have much money in the bank at the time but we had won four champions league five premier league ,