Sell Sturridge?

• Thread starter Thread starter jjrroen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 8K

jjrroen

Reaction score
Hi,

IRL I'm a huge fan of Sturridge but also in FM he is so injury prone and inconstant. I have another feeling with Balotelli first game he scores 4 goals the next 3 he doesn't score. I think I want to sell my 4 strikers (Sturridge, Balotelli, Borini and Lambert) and bring in 2 good strikers and Origi as back-up?

Any recommendations for two new striker in de CF role?

Thanks!

Ballotelli is outrageously good in my save, 2nd season he broke the BPL goal record with 36 goals season! If it wasn't because I already had Depay/Ferreyra and my striker duo, I defiantly would have bought him :)
But if you insist on selling your 4 strikers, then Depay and Munir are amazing as F9, and you should defiantly buy Ferreyra too, monster as poacher :)

Last edited:
I sold Ballotelli at the end of season 1. He did OK, but was getting a bit whiny and £34m was too much to pass up. Origi has been brilliant over season 2 and now into season 3 - seriously good enough to build a team around with Sterling. I bought Jurgen Locadia as a replacement from PSV, but loaned him back for a season

Borini went at the end of season 2 (for £17.75m) and has been replaced by Facundo Ferreyra (at Metalist, but I believe he started at Shakhtar). I've also got Cauley Woodrow, but he's on loan at Southampton where he's scored 8 goals in 7 league games so far.

If I got a good bid for Sturridge I wouldn't turn it down, although I rejected a £45m offer for Origi.

I sold Origi for 31m to Juventus and regretted my decision massively. I've sold Borini, Balotelli and Lambert and replaced them with Timo Werner and Mitrovic (both potential 4.5*). Both younger and better than Sturridge who is constantly injured and really inconsistent. Problem I find is that nobody wants sturridge, even though he got 30 goals in his first season I just can't flog him on and I'm stuck with him and his 130k a week wages

Sturridge is boss, scores most games. Personally wouldn't think of selling him for a few seasons.

Got offered 32mil for Sturridge rejected it , then he broke his leg and was out for 7 months :(. But like you I was desperate to sell Ballotelli but with Sturridge and Doumbia injured I had no choice but to keep him.

Keeping Ballo was a great move im in February and he is currently on 28 goals in all competitions. If Arsenal come back in with a decent offer Sturridge will be off.

Last edited:
Show me Origi in 3rd season cheers, I would possibly sell Sturridge but only if you get a decent price and a good replacement maybe Benteke or Bony?

Woodrow, Locadia, Mitrovic, Munir, Ferrerya, Alcacer, Destro, Berahino, Ayoze Perez...

I sold Sturridge after my first year for over $100 million USD. He is too injury prone. Using the right system, Balotelli is a beast. Had 2 seasons with 35+ goals before I decided to sell him for $120 million.

Origi and Berardi in rotation has worked rather well after offloading Mario and Sturridge, although they are helped by having Sterling, Markovic/Roberts and Reus behind them, so my front 4 shares the goal load quite a bit.

sold him for 45 mill to arsenal bought barbosa for 30mill best dicision ever

sold him for 45 mill to arsenal bought barbosa for 30mill best dicision ever

Boooooooo. by the way if you push Arsenal they can offer up to 75 million euros for him. But who the **** sells Sturridge. who's gonna do the dance now?

Sold Balotelli for £25m to Dortmund in first season january transfer window and brought in jackson martinez and destro. End of season, got an offer from Arsenal of £48m for Sturridge, wanted to accept but rejected and they came back with a £75m offer. Had to take it.. looking into replacements for him now!

Sold Balotelli for £25m to Dortmund in first season january transfer window and brought in jackson martinez and destro. End of season, got an offer from Arsenal of £48m for Sturridge, wanted to accept but rejected and they came back with a £75m offer. Had to take it.. looking into replacements for him now!

£75M for Sturridge?! Id of accepted with in 0.0000001 seconds lol Look at Bony or Benteke to replace him they're beasts.

£75M for Sturridge?! Id of accepted with in 0.0000001 seconds lol Look at Bony or Benteke to replace him they're beasts.

Yeah. Was around £55m upfront + addons. Screenshot attached. Managed to buy a few different players but wanted to save some of the money as spent alot first season! Got Origi back from being on-loan and I've already got alcacer, destro & jackson martinez. Bought myself Wilshere but not much else. Srna to replace Glen Johnson.

View attachment 315828

View attachment 315739

I don't see why so many of you sell your players cheap. In my experience, always sell in the summer and buy for the upcoming summer transfer in the spring. In 2015 I sold Sturridge for$118M cash and in 2017 I sold Balotelli for $120M cash.

Also, Origi turns into a goal machine for me. He has 38 goals in 20 games.
View attachment 315738

Last edited:
Back