Senna Film

Raphael.

Reaction score
Senna Film

Senna.jpg

Arguably the greatest Formula 1 driver of his generation, and undoubtedly the fastest, Brazil's most famous racing son Ayrton Senna is immortalised in Asif Kapadia's intimate documentary.

Compiled of archive footage, both from the track where he made his name and family home video clips, SENNA is a delicately woven portrait. It follows the driving superstar's characteristically speedy rise from the go-kart circuit to the fatal crash that robbed the sport of one its most iconic and influential figures.

A documentary on Brazilian Formula One racing driver Ayrton Senna, who won the F1 world championship three times before his death at age 34.

Gonna go and watch this on the weekend. Was a great driver until his tragic death which sparked many new safety rules and features today.

So what are your opinions on it?
Have you seen it?
Will you see it?
What do you think of Ayrton Senna?

Plan to see this tonight. May not all go to plan but we will try and make our way down there.

Want to see it myself-just hope to sticks to facts. Such as he was an extremely generous human being, outstanding driver, and a great person. Still remember watchin him and he was top quality. F1 was never the same without him

Well tell us how it is Andy. :) Ajt so do I ... I doubt it will take the route of say other doc's like Social Network .. F1 journalists seem to rate it highly though as do film critics.

I have seen it in german. The german sync isn't perfect, but the movie is awesome. Every F1 fan should have seen it, it shows Senna as person and not only as race driver. Many unseen scenes in for me, too.

I have seen it in german. The german sync isn't perfect, but the movie is awesome. Every F1 fan should have seen it, it shows Senna as person and not only as race driver. Many unseen scenes in for me, too.

Ah nice lol ... should be awesome for me considering I've only seen highlights ... :D

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

That just shat on my thread. :p

Saw it on the back of Lee's blog post.

As someone who isn't particularly a fan of F1 I loved it.

I knew about Senna, his skillz, his death etc but have never been a huge fan of racing. I remember in 2009 having a nosy on wiki and seeing list of F1 deaths, watching videos etc on youtube.

I was a bit gutted they didn't go more into the immediate reaction of his death but the coverage of his life/his racing was fantastic.

Also love the shape of Alain Prost's head.

9/10, great documentary - and I watched the 2 hour 42 minute long director's cut and still loved it/wasn't bored!!

This guy is one my father hero, i dont really like races at all, but i knw his guy was a legend.

Want to see it myself-just hope to sticks to facts. Such as he was an extremely generous human being, outstanding driver, and a great person. Still remember watchin him and he was top quality. F1 was never the same without him

Being a documentary it was difficult for them not to stick to facts, if anything the documentary immortalises him as a racer and a person so if anything it would be biased towards him (which at times it might seem it is, but its difficult to argue against the points they make (particularly in reference to his rivalry with Prost)).

But, yes it talks about his charity work, giving to Brazilian kids etc and also (obviosuly) has lots of footage of his racing.

Really looking forward to seeing this after seeing the trailer.

Was too young to have seen him driving when he was alive and didn't get into F1 until a few years after. So have only seen YouTube clips and read about him but he sounded like an amazing person and a great driver. Would of been great to see him and Schumi go wheel to wheel in eachothers primes.

Saw it on the back of Lee's blog post.

As someone who isn't particularly a fan of F1 I loved it.

I knew about Senna, his skillz, his death etc but have never been a huge fan of racing. I remember in 2009 having a nosy on wiki and seeing list of F1 deaths, watching videos etc on youtube.

I was a bit gutted they didn't go more into the immediate reaction of his death but the coverage of his life/his racing was fantastic.

Also love the shape of Alain Prost's head.

9/10, great documentary - and I watched the 2 hour 42 minute long director's cut and still loved it/wasn't bored!!

Hmm where did you see the directors cut. I haven't it in any cinemas.

Hmm where did you see the directors cut. I haven't it in any cinemas.

It's not on torrent sites etc. ;)

For those who aren't Formula 1 fans I'd recommend the theatrical cut. The extended cut is a lot less like a film.

It's not on torrent sites etc. ;)

For those who aren't Formula 1 fans I'd recommend the theatrical cut. The extended cut is a lot less like a film.

Haha lol I know :p ... To be fair I love f1 ... watch every race. :)
Just because in the half term and I had nothing to do and I streamed movies does not mean I cant go to the cinema and watch one.

Being a documentary it was difficult for them not to stick to facts, if anything the documentary immortalises him as a racer and a person so if anything it would be biased towards him (which at times it might seem it is, but its difficult to argue against the points they make (particularly in reference to his rivalry with Prost)).

But, yes it talks about his charity work, giving to Brazilian kids etc and also (obviosuly) has lots of footage of his racing.

cool. Really looking forward to it now.

Seen the movie about 30 minutes ago brilliant but extremely emotional

I watched it a few days ago. The 2 hour 45 min version. Was a very interesting watch. Just a shame I got interrupted during the climax as it kind of ruined it for me.