London Calling - The Autobiography of an Unknown Scotsman.

HibernianBoy

Reaction score
Chapter 1: Im going to London Baby! ...

I sat in my flat in Glasgow, crips papers and empty Cola cans littering the floor watching Sky Sports News like I always did at this time each day. Nothing had really been reported yet, nothing major anyway, and just when i was about to switch channels something came across the screen that caught my eye Arsene Wenger steps down as Manager of Arsenal FC....​

Just as the headline flashed across the screen a reporter began to speak "Yes, we have just received reports the legendary Frenchman Arsene Wenger has stepped down as Manager of Arsenal FC but will remain at the London-based club as Director of Football, for the Arsenal Board the search is now on for a new manager, with Gunner's legend Dennis Bergkamp being touted as the early favourite."​

"Blimey." I thought "That was unexpected." and then a stroke of madness (or genius) came across me I should apply for the Job, I was young, inexperienced and had the passion to take the team I loved to Premier League glory and beyond. I was EXACTLY what they where looking for, well maybe not, but you never know in the crazy world of football these days.​

I grabbed my mobile-phone and dialed the number of the Arsenal Board "Hello"a friendly female voice answered​

"Hello, I was wondering if I would be able to take an appointment with the board over the vacant managerial position at the Club."​

"Ofcourse, name please?" she asked​

"Rhys Nelson." I answered.​

"Okay Rhys, if you can come to the Emirates Stadium at 5:30 PM on the 2nd of July." the woman said.​

"Yes, thankyou." I replied before hanging up.​

Oh yeah, I was going to London baby. Just one problem, how did I get there?... Oh ****.​

emirates2_440x330.jpg

Chapter 2 - London Calling
coming soon...

Chapter 2: London Calling

The next day, after much debating with my London-based friend I jetted out to London on a plane set to arrive at 10:00 AM my interview wasnt for another two days but all candidates where invited to an open training session held by Assistant Manager Pat Rice. I wanted to attend this not only to make a good impression but to run the rule over the squad.​

When the plane touched down in London, my friend was there to greet me and drive me to his home, that night was sleepless, I was too excited by the prospect of visiting the Emirates Stadium next morning.​

As I arrived at the Emirates I caught a glimpse of Cesc Fabregas heading into the stadium to prepare for training. My heart skipped a beat, but I had to remember to stay calm, if I wanted this job, I had get used to WORKING with people like him.​

After what seemed like an eternal treck I arrived in the stands at the Emirates. I had been shown through the directors entrance, and told to make myself comfartable before the session started, when it did they began with fitness excercises before they began the ball-work, then at the end the reserve's and first team seperated and played a friendly game, on a smaller sized training pitch ofcourse, the first team ran out 4-0 winners with van Persie scoring 2 and Fabregas and Eduardo with the other goals.​

Following the end of the session, I departed hastily, I wanted to have an early night so I would be read for the morning... And after what seemed like no time at all I was waking up, the day was he 2nd of July, my big break if it was to ever happen. I woke up and done my usual morning routine before I headed of. When I arrive at the Stadium I took a deep breath and walked through the doors...​

"Hello Mr Nelson, please sit down." said Peter Hill-Wood.​

"Thankyou, My Hill-Wood." I replied.​

"Now Rhys, I have reason to believe you have no managerial experience whatsoever?" he asked, I nodded, he wrote something down on the notepad infront of him. "Then why would you apply for such a prestigous job?" he asked​

"Because, I have the passion, the want to win and the knowledge of the fans behind me, Mr Wenger was a world-class manager but has failed to deliver since 2005. Perhaps under me this squad may just win something, and we will finally take our place at the top of the World." I said.​

"Well, thankyou Mr Nelson, you may leave."​

And that was that, I had done all I could...​

4 Days Later...

My phone rang in my pocket, I grabbed it and answered the call "Hello?" I said​

"Hello Mr Nelson Peter Hill-Wood here, just calling to say, congradulations, you got the job."​

"No Way." I replied​

"Yes way, see you tommorow for your first press conference, 4 PM sharp, DONT be late." he said, clearly stressing the dont.​

training_ground.jpg

Chapter 3: Pre-Season - The Hard Work Begins!