Ganso, all the stats, but how do you get the most out of him?

bowers11

Reaction score
I've recently bought Ganso for Manchester United for a measly 15m, and I thought that this would be the bargain of the season, of which many would talk about for years to come. However he is yet to show what he is capable of. I have played him at attacking mid at both support and attack, advanced playmaker at both support and attack, central midfield in advanced playmaker at both support and attack, and even deep lying playmaker in support... and still, no sign of his best ability. 3 goals, and 5 assists in 17 games is not what I had in mind, compared to Chicharito who has 25 in 22 and 9 assists, wish 62 caps and 62 goals for mexico. If anyone could shed some light on the player who everyone hoped, would fill Paul Scholes' boots then it would be much appreciated!

He is a midfielder, not a striker... so, unless you retrain him(which would not be a good idea) to play as striker, he won't score for you more than 10 goals per season... you have played him 17 games only and you already complain? He is adapting, so at first he won't be playing at his best... Also, what is his rating? Is it more than 7.00?

You must play him always in the same role for at least 15 games, if he plays well don't change his position or role...

On my old save, I had difficulties with Ganso on AMC as well.

In hindsight, I would have retrained and recommend trying him out in central midfield, so that way he has more space to utilize his playmaking abilites- assuming you play with 2 AMC, by placing him in CM, you'll have 4 people for him to pass to.

I play him as CM (advanced playmaker-attack) for Valencia and he seemed to be rollercoastering the La Liga. In conjunction with a false nine sort of role for the striker, Ganso (or in general any good CM) can be deadly.

I think Gansos stats would be best fitted to a DeepLying playmaker position. I think that because he doesn't have amazing dribbling abilities, such as Hazard or Gotze, so he can't run at the defences like they would. He's got great passing, good technique and first touch, and great creativity levels. /So, deeplying playmaker role would be perfect for him. Plus, he's an all round player, so he isn't physically weak, or useless in the air,

I want to know how you managed to get Ganso for 15m. In my Man Utd save I'm not having any luck getting him

Play him as MC (deep laying playmaker). Let him dictate your game. It worked for me, he played 33 games, 13 goals and 43 (!) assists. And more than 94% of his passes arrived (Xavi has 96%, but he made less goals and assists, so Ganso is already better in my opinion.)

Sorry for the thread hijack, but where's the "dictate's tempo" PPM gone in FM2012? I can't seem to find it in the "Start PPM".

i play him at attacking mid (advanced playmaker role attack). bought him for my man utd game for 23.5 million and this season 2016/2017 his stats are 15 apps, 4 goals, 11 assists :) trust me, he's beast here.