Shire Revival!!!! A story of East Stirlingshire FC

clemeg101

Reaction score
This is my Story about what was Brittains worst football team.
Heres a few stats and facts to let you know.
I AM 12 so dont say nasty hings

• Sir Alex Ferguson once managed here(for 117 days)
  • They have won 2 competitive compititions(Scottish 1st Division and Second Division.Both Before 1950!
  • They went into turmoil becuse of one man named Alan J. Mackin
  • They finished bottom of The Third Division 5 times in a row.
  • After a programme on a Norwegian TV channel a Fan Club was set-up and it has grown to over 2,000 fans.
  • When Mackin owned the club there was a wage cap of 10 quid
  • They were saved from being an affiliate member by a last day win against Elgin ******(LOL)
  • They had to move to neighbers Stenhousemuir FC because there ground was to small by 22 inches.
  • There ground was in a Retail Park.
  • The club took a U-turn when Millionaire Spencer Fearn bought the club but not the Ground
  • Under Jim McInally the club got to thrid in the Division the best since Fergies Era.
So join me in this Journey of excellance
Jump in to the world of "THE SHIRE"

Well fist day in the job was hard having to find players to buy so these are my bids

• Stirling Smith
  • Scott Bain
  • Scott Ross
  • Callum McRobbie
  • David Witteveen
  • Mitchel Megginson
  • Paul Mulrooney
  • Michael Dunlop
I also put 12 players up for loan
Out of all the Bids i made i only get 3 players Scott Ross,Stirling Smith and Scott Bain so theres dissapointment there but lots of junior teams make bids for my youth players
So even though I cant see them play they will get playing in the imaginery legues.

After looking for more players I bid for Jamie Pollock and Dario Quinn.Both are later rejected.

I then bid for Falkirk treo Kieron Stallard,Lewis Bonar and Scott Davidson and all three are accepted so I will bring in a few quility players there

St. Mirren duo Paul Mathers and Gordan Ramage look to be wanting out of Love Street so I bid for them.

Next is Dundees highly rated youngster Conner Rennie.My bids for Rennie and Mathers are accepted while my Ramage Bid is rejected

My First Game is coming up and there is compitition in every position so that is good to see.I have bought new strikers and Keepers so im excited at the prospect of this season.

After looking at my wage budget I need money quickly we are 2,000 pound a week more so some runs in the cups would be helpful

Team to Play Queens Park FC
GK-Paul Mathers(C)
DL-Dean Richardson
DR-Paul Hay
DC-Alex Walker
DC-Scott Ross
ML-Stirling Smith
MR-Kevin Cawley
MC-Connor Rennie
MC-John Neill
ST-Lewis Bonar
ST-Scott Davidson

Match Report
The game started slow as each team settled down for the first game of the season.After 15 minutes the deadlock was broke after a good run by Lewis Bonar a side step sent the defender the wrong way before blasting it bottom corner.A fantastic save by veteran keeper Paul Mathers kept the scores the same before Ian Watts header equilized for Queens.East Stirlingshire were on top in the second half and with chances missed by Bonar,Smith and Davidson it didn't look like it was going to be Shires game.Queens Park somehow held out for a draw and with it being a cup tie it went to extra time.A quick drink and bite of a cereal bar and the teams were out for the first half of extra time.The teams held out for the First half and the second half wasn't different.Taking it to penalties.Shire kept there nerve scoring all 5 of there pens and Queens Park lost after Paul Quinn missed.So Shire progress after a penalty shoot-out at Hampden

Final Score:-Queens Park 1-1 East Stirlingshire AET 5-3 to Shire on p.

The second round draw saw us drawn against First Division Outfit Cowdenbeath.

Team to Play East Fife
I named an uncanged side to that who played against Queens Park

Match Report
Both teams started strong but it was East Stirlingshire who got the first goal a lay off by Stirling Smith was finished by Lewis Davidson.But East Fife were to equilizer when a Dean Richardson Mistake was capatilized on by Steve Hislop.Shire then nearly scored two identical goals to the first one with lay offs then a Davidson shot being saved well by 19 yo Andrew Stobie.Shire were rewarded with there pressure then a Connor Rennie cross was laid back off to him and he curled it top bag past Stobie.Then 5 minutes later Paul Hay found him self one on one on the Goalie and he calmly slotted it past him and into the net.And after Connor Rennie had skint 4 defenders he was brought down unfairly by ex-Stenny man John Overstone.Much to the delight of fans who abused him as he walked down the tunnel.And from that free kick East Stirlingshire scored there fourth Connor Rennie yet again.What a buy hes been!That got the Shire fans buzzing as there sang the last 15 minutes away.The team will estatic after beating a team that had Stevie Crawford,Shaun Fagan and old fans fav. Stevie Hislop in their team.A great day for the shire.

Match Result:-East Stirlingshire 4-1 East Fife.

News came in that Craig Donaldson has a Groin Pains and could be out for ages but luckily a report comes back saying he has got too much blood in his leg.Strange injury there.Also we will play Dundee in the Scottish League Cup.

First League game of the season coming up against Albion Rovers.

Team to play Albion
Same as before

Match Report
As in previous matchs Shire came flying out the blocks and after 6 minutes found themselfes 1 up after a good solo goal by Stirling Smith. Albion turned it on and found themselves level Chris Boyle fired home. But 10 minutes later Boyle was sent off for a challange on Davidson. Shire Finally capitilized when a Richardson corner was nodded home By Alex Walker.Rovers came close with a McParland effort well saved by Mathers.Then Bonar and Davidson came close for Shire.But overall I was happy with a 2-1 win.

Match Result:-East Stirlingshire 2-1 Albion Rovers

Next up is a tough trip to Stranraer

Team to Face Stranraer
Same as every game

Match Report
An Agnew free kick gave the home side the lead and Armond One came close to doubling the lead.But Two minutes later he did with a good half volley.A good Mathers save stopped Stranraer make it a third at Half time.After poor First half performance Shire came out determined and after Lewis Bonar gave everyone a bonar with his skill he coolly finished.And with seconds remaining Lewis Bonar scored to get Shire a fantastic result.But looking back Armand One missed a bunch of chances which could off selled it earlier on.

Match Result:-Stranraer 2-2 Shire

I will keep posting with my results and news
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE ME ADVISE

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Please post thanks

Last edited: