shortlist for player of the tournamentm announced

player of the tournament for me = honda or asamoah gyan (both made their countries proud and they both werent expected to shine as much as they did)

Wesley Sneijder for the top player and Germanys Muller for young player.

So Messi makes the shortlist, but KP Boateng, Suarez, Honda or Higuain don't. Is this a popularity contest or a player of the tournament vote?

Wesley Sneijder for player of the tournament, and Thomas Müller for young player.

Agree with Billy but to be honest some really impressive players are missing from that shortlist. Like KP Boateng

So Messi makes the shortlist, but KP Boateng, Suarez, Honda or Higuain don't. Is this a popularity contest or a player of the tournament vote?
lol what do you think?

i thought i put a bet on before the world cup sniejder to win this so i checked my online account and seems that i didnt, so ******* ****** off lol.

Wesley Sneijder for player of the tournament

Thomas Müller for young player.

for young player i actually think geovanni dos santos should get it, mexico were impressive this world cup

Injury has really hampered some players and teams at this WC, so it makes it more intresting as we see players that have always been good but have come into a new light.

Rooney, Torres and Drogba, three top class Premier League Strikers, expected to shine here where stopped by injury, while Torres stil has a chance the others dont and it has paved the way for Villa, Snejder and even Honda.

Anyone else been impressed by Gregory van der Wiel? His attacking runs from the back have proved pretty deadly to some defence's and he can carry out defensive duties well too. He has become personally one of my favourite players since the WC started.

Well that's my input done :p

Xavi's been brilliant. I think him or Schweinsteiger deserve it most. Asamoah Gyan gets an honourable mention

Sneijder for player of tournemant and Muller for Young player of Tournament