Should Adam Johnson get to go to the World Cup?

Should he get a call up?

• Total voters

Neall

AFK
Reaction score
Please Vote

Adam Johnson has had an amazing season, so good that he has caught the eye of Fabio Capello, and there are rumours going around that he will get the call up.

But what do you people think, Should the 22 year old Adam Johnson get a call up to this years world cup? Yes or No??

Last edited:
no not yet. joe cole is coming into form and you remember before his injury he was easily england best player and he was playing on the left. yes the lads got bags of potential but i say not yet.

give reason for your answers

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I think he should, look at the impact he has made on Man City, his crosses are amazing and he can score aswell.

Yes, he's an up and coming star, the world cup would be a great test for him as he looks to become one of our most important players in the future..a good worldcup at the age of 22 would be scarily positive.

Yes, he was the only player that actually did something against Sunderland with that wonder goal that kept us in the race for fourth, also, if he can shred the defence of Premier league sides such as Chelsea, I don't see why he shouldn't get the call up.

urm, depends if he plays the last games of the season and plays well in them, if he doesn't play then no.

i still think he should get a shot, and to be honest why wouldn't he play the rest of the games?

Yes, but play him on the right, let him cut inside with that left foot of his,

the lad has worked hard and has shown more than the others over the last couple months. mind you if it was the last 30 secsond of a must win game would you put him on over someone with more experience? me - No

it makes no difference who you call up, your still not going to win the world cup but if you do call him up then what about wilshere?

the lad has worked hard and has shown more than the others over the last couple months. mind you if it was the last 30 secsond of a must win game would you put him on over someone with more experience? me - No

he came on as a sub in that game(i think) so to be honest it wasnt that long into his game if you know what im saying

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

it makes no difference who you call up, your still not going to win the world cup but if you do call him up then what about wilshere?

you got to be in it to win it mate|);) and i think this is the year that we have a good chance

anyway, Wilshere is ok but I would say Johnson is better

Johnson is 21/22 and playing for City week in week out at the moment, Wilshere is playing for Bolton but isn't ready for an England call up, Johnson has been great all season.

I'd say yes, not too many left footed players in England squad, bring more balance to the squad, we need a proper left winger as well, although Joe Cole could play there.

your all forgetting that half of the season he played for an underachieving middleborough. I think if you want to increase your chances then go with a player that is proven and maybe has a few caps under his belt already, I thiink Johnson is a bit one dimensional but that is just my opinion,

your all forgetting that half of the season he played for an underachieving middleborough. I think if you want to increase your chances then go with a player that is proven and maybe has a few caps under his belt already, I thiink Johnson is a bit one dimensional but that is just my opinion,

he did play for boro but he did amazing there look at his stats, for a winger he scored loads of goals.

and stewart downing is a good left footed left winger aswell

he's Stewart Downing, but in better form. depends if Capello thinks we need an old fashioned winger of that ilk. Joe Cole gets in ahead of him for me.

I was just about to mention Downing, I think he would be better for England and if you already have Ashley Young then there is really no room for Johnson

Good player, but I prefer a player that can kick the ball properly with both feet, yeah okay so I don't expect him to be amazing with his right foot, but sometimes even the simplest of passes with his right foot is awful, and he's so one directional.

If he plays on the left he'll just go straight down the wing everytime, plays on the right and he'll just cut in everytime. I'd much rather have Joe Cole, Ashley Young or James Milner as they are all pretty good with their weaker feet, and more unpredictable than Johnson.

Johnson had a good season in the Championship, defenders are no where near the quality of Premier league defenders there, or in fact players that will be at the World Cup. In the Premier league he scored a good goal vs Sunderland and caused one or two problems vs Chelsea, but he fades after the first half all the time lately as everyone works him out in the first 45 minutes.

So basically, no he should not go.

Young is a right footed player though...
Yes but he can play on either flank with ease and can use his left foot quite well also.

lets hope if he does get in the squad he doesn't play the part that walcott played in 2006 on the bench