Can tactical experts help me to tweak this tactic?

Amanchuk94

Reaction score
View attachment 59463View attachment 59462
Have been using this tactic called El Magico is back by Uygar89.Can somebody tweak this tactic and keep same player roles,only chanhr would be dlp support instead of cm support, maybe tweak tactic and player instructions? Have been getting mixed results with this tactic again, bad on away matches, especially top teams. Can anyone tweak this tactic? Since I am not a tactic expert and can't reach to author. Also I use dlp support instead of cm support.

Just to be clear, are you asking someone to suggest tweaks for you? Or take the tactic, tweak it, test it, and then give it back?

Both are OK. But I'd like someone to take the tactic, tweak it and post replies, or if someone doesn't have enough time, I can take suggestions as well and test the tactic

Hard to know anything until I know why you're losing away ?

Are you conceding goals or not scoring ?

Can I see your OI's as well as your player instructions ?

I don't really get a sense of identity from this tactic, what is it exactly that you're trying to do ? This shape is a nice set-up for a possession tactic, yet it looks like you're not really trying to do that.

For more balance I would change one of the IF's to a support duty, and the full back on the other side also to a support duty.
additionally you might change one of the 2 CM's from a support duty to an attack duty.

I would also remove most of the team instructions and just start with 2 or 3 that you are sure you really want.

There’s nothing wrong with your formation, but you have a lot of tweaking to do.

First of all, a lot of your players don’t play on their natural position. That’s never a good thing.
You can get away with a few players that play on some more or less familiar position, but look at your formation, look at your midfield, NOT ONE player plays on a position he’s actually familiar with, some player are even totally unfamiliar with their role (Poulsen, IIsanker, Laimer). Needless to say, that’s not the way to go.

I would advise you to look at the players you have, before picking your tactic, and not the other way around. Having a good looking tactic is nice, but you have to have the right players for it.

Second of all, this tactic is not well balanced at all.
You play a ‘Standard’ mentality, yet you have 5 players with an attacking duty, including your both full backs. On top of that, you ask your full backs to overlap in your team instructions. Which mean that they will be focussed on attacking and overlapping your midfielders a lot. So when you are playing away from home (you mentioned that was a problem), there will be a lot of space to exploit for the opposition behind your fullbacks.

Your team shape also doesn’t match with your team instructions.
A fluid shape means you give your players more creative freedom. Your players will stick to their positions less, but act more as a dynamic unit. In other words, your defender will not only defend, your attacker will not only attack, it’s more of a dynamic and unpredictable unit, something like that. But then, in your team instructions, you ask your players to ‘stick to positions’... do you see the contradiction there?

I don’t really understand the logic behind your team instructions, either.
You want to exploit your flanks with overlaps, but you ask your players to play much narrower?
You play with a fluid team shape, yet you ask your players to stick to their positions?
You want to close down much more, prevent short GK distribution, you have 5 players on attacking duty, yet you want your team to lower the tempo?
I just don’t get what the goal of the tactic is.

Basically, there seems to be a lot of things that make this (at first glance good looking formation) an unbalanced tactic for the team you manage.

Like I said before, look at your players first. And then choose a formation that suits them. And then choose team instructions that suit your formation. And then choose individual instructions that suit your players and the team instructions. And so on.

Good luck with the tweaking!

Last edited: