Should i sell rooney?

Reaction score
OMG, he's like injured almost all the time...He's 31 and i would have liked him to retire here

Yes!!! I sold him in 2nd/3rd season, he went to Dortmund and did average for them. I had Alcacer as replacement and he is one of the best in the world now (playing as Shadow Striker/Advanced Playmaker in the AMC position)

Try to think economical, is it worth having a player on such a high salary thats not even playing?

I've been thinking the same thing, he's been out injured 2/3 times in my 2nd season, played 20 odd games and scored 4 goals in all comps (doesn't even create many chances for my Ramdeuters who I rely on for goals!). I have Lewandowski coming in this summer, also have James Wilson knocking on the door, several promising regens and thinking of bringing Zivkovic too.

Last edited:
Wilson, Henriquez

Are they ready to be your first choice strikers or do you have to seek a replacement?
If it's the latter then it depends if selling Rooney can raise some decent cash. If you can't get much for Rooney and don't have good cash in your budget, perhaps the more practical approach is to keep him for now.

Rooney was plop for me! Finally managed to get rid of him a few seasons in to Stoke. He now gets around 10 a season for them.

Way overpaid

Are they ready to be your first choice strikers or do you have to seek a replacement?
If it's the latter then it depends if selling Rooney can raise some decent cash. If you can't get much for Rooney and don't have good cash in your budget, perhaps the more practical approach is to keep him for now.

I think James wilson is ready...Plus i have falcao who is still pretty good

Look at this goal he scored the other day.

[video=youtube;GGX3KADfSmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGX3KADfSmQ[/video]

I think James wilson is ready...Plus i have falcao who is still pretty good

Look at this goal he scored the other day.

[video=youtube;GGX3KADfSmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGX3KADfSmQ[/video]

Very nice! I think you've answered your question. :)

Yup, invest your money in a different striker who is actually healthy! PS Unlike in real life, Balotelli is actually a very good striker in FM 2015! I was surprised! :) The way to do it is to look for disaffected star strikers. For example if Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, etc. don't win the league or do poorly, their star players will get unsettled and then you can make offers for them.

I just sold Rooney at the end of the second season to Chelsea. For 49.5 million! He didn't perform too badly for me, but he was injured way too much and wasn't at the same level as RVP or Falcao, so I bit their hand off when they made that offer. Replaced him with Jese by activating his 29.5 million release clause. Let's hope he's worth it.

OMG, he's like injured almost all the time...He's 31 and i would have liked him to retire here

I always go by if a player is past their best and has nothing more to offer and is just sitting on the bench whether their a legend or not they are wasting money - wages/un-used sub so I would get rid of him if he's not playing due to injuries and still taking alot of your wage budget!

Sell him, in all my saves he has been more trouble than he is worth.

In my experience, selling Tyler Blackett in the first season upsets Rooney so if you're looking for a quick fix, just slate Blackett's development and he'll be handing in a transfer request in no time!

I upset him when I sold Nick Powell in the 2nd/3rd season.

I also just upset Suarez at Barca when I sold a 21 regen who wasn't very good at all.

Probably the only part of the game that has annoyed me on 2015...

Back