darryl1963

Reaction score
Hi,

No mater what i do when I download skins or backgrounds I can't get them to load in the football manager game 09. I put them in the skins folder within the game. I load the game and go to preferances and display and sound section. I take the tick out of the box under cach and when I click the drop down box, where I am supposed to have a list of pics to chouse from all I have is football 08 or 09 or 09 right side.

I am pulling my hair out somebody please advise.

Regards
Darryl

I had exactley the same problem mate and nobody on this site seems to want to help you. however i've recently got it sorted. the problem is when you extract the files to your skins folder. double click on the skin file you have downloaded (make sure you are using winrar) and it will open with winrar. make sure you have the sports interactive/FM/skins folder open on your desk top but keep the window quite small. Instead of choosing "extract to" or anything like that, actually draw a box around the downloaded files to select them all and phisically drag it over to the skins folder. you should see the same extraction process happen but then another file will also be copied over too. That appears to be the all important file that allows the FM game to recognise your new skin. It took me months to figure this thing out and as i've said absolutely no one wanted to help me. some people were even quite rude. one word of advice however. when i finaly installed my new skin all the club badges and player images i downloaded disapeard from the game. Ironicly i had to remove the skin it took ages to get working to get those images back. I still havent figured out how to get them all working together but i'm sure there is a way. I Hope all this helps you mate. post me back and let me know how you get on. good luck.

thank you

Hello,

Thanks for that I will give it ago if it does not work I will be back to ask you for more advise if thats ok.

Regards
Darryl

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Hi,

I tried it that way I downloaded the Div 2 backgrounds and downloaded them to a folder in my documents. I extracted them there. Another folder appearded there with the pictures in so I opened that. I had already opened the skins folder in the game.
I then selected all the pictures and the config file and draged them over to the skins folder. I loade the game and went to the preferances screen.
I made sure the cach box was unticked as everyone says it should be.
Clicked confirm and nothing happended. In the drop down box at the top where you have fm08 fm09 fm09 right listed there is nothing else there. From what I have seen on other sites and youtube your list of pics should be there and you simply pic what you want, but mine as only the above.

I went back a screen to where you can change the folders its near the bottom. I brought up the skins folder and opedned that but it was empty I left it as it was went back to the prefferances and hit confirm.
I have got the Rochdale background pic although it is not very vivid it looks like its behind a white screen you can just see it. I don't understand how I don't have a list of pics in the drop down box. Any more help would be great.

Cheers
Darryl

i simply folowed the instructions from a vid on youtube (not the youtube vid on this site) the thing the guy on that vid was doing differently to that which i was wrongly doing was phisically dragging his downloaded files from the extraction files into his skins folder. it then copies another file imediatley after extraction (it dosent extract this file it actually copies it from your downloaded winrar file to your skins folder) I started up my copy of fm went into preferences - display and sound - skins and they were all there. This is all i can recomend. once you go into the downlaoded winrar file are dragging a box over the files within and dragging them over to your skins folder which starts the extraction process? are you then seeing another file being copied imediatley after the extraction process? This is the key to getting your new skins to work. however i guess when you actually get them to work you will come to realise that the vast majority of these skins are not really very good. i just use the original FM 2009 skin with the club logos and player faces atatched.