SkyGo

kjg1995

\0/ <0> \0/ <0>
Reaction score
The SkyGo app is officially out on app store, been using it with darts, excellent quality

Good quality, great thinking by Sky there :D (got it on my iphone and laptop) :D

I wish I could say this was the vaguest thread ever, alas it's not.

Sky will release their mobile application Sky Go on July 6th in the UK. The application allows Sky subscribers to watch their channels on the two of their selected mobile devices while on the move within the country.

The new service, which is free to all Sky subscribers, will allow punters to watch up to 30 channels on their iPads, iPhones, Laptops and PCs. Channels include Sky Sports channels, ESPN, Sky News, Sky Movies, Sky News, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts, MTV, Disney, GOLD, Nickelodeon, NatGeo, History, Eden and ESPN.

The service will also be available people who don’t have a Sky subscription, but will cost £15-£40, depending on the package they choose. Users however can watch the match as they walk around the supermarket or watch their favourite series on the everyday commute.

Xbox 360 owners also can use the service via an application on their consoles and it won’t be included in the selected two devices that Sky wants attribute to the service. Android users will have to wait for the new SkyGo service, but Sky has assured them it is in the pipeline.

Sky will hope to team this new application up with The Cloud, a public Wi-Fi service they bought last year which covers over 4,500 places across the country and allows for fast and reliable streaming for free to those who have signed in and want to watch, browse or listen.

Sky will be competing with Virgin on Demand which also has an app for subscribers as well as the excellent BBC iPlayer. Though, the availability of Sky Sports is a big plus for Rupert Murdoch’s service and may push SkyGo to the fore.

SkyGo the new Sky on Demand service will be released om July 6th

Haven't used it yet, but seems like everyone that is using it likes it. Also, it's FREE which is good thing.

SkyGo has replaced the Sky Player app on xbox 360, as Kris mentioned. And it's bullshit. Ever since that happened The Simpsons on Sky 1 is blocked, with a message saying, this program is not available to Sky Go customers.

I have just downloaded the sky go app and it says to watch the channels I must sign in or sign up to sky ID. Is it free to sign up to sky ID?

Yes creating a sky ID is free. You then have to link it your exisitng sky tv subscription, allowing you to use sky go for free. You need to subscribe to the sky go service if you don't have sky tv.

Oh yeah I have sky tv :) I assume aswell with this app and my dad can now watch football on the iPad with my mum or sister being able to watch what they want on the tv? My family don't have sky multi room and my sister and mum like to moan about football being on the tv constantly :(

Haha, probably should have put more details, sorry lads

I can't sign up for Sky ID :/ when ever i press sign up it takes me to some page and all it says is join sky ID and stuff like that but there is nothing to click on. Any help?

are you doing on an apple device by chance? Sign up using your PC, and if the problem persists on the PC, use a differnet browser.

Ahh yeah I am trying to do it on iPad lol will try on laptop thanks with all the help you've given me on this app Jake I am abit of a div : p

Anyone experiencing problems with SkyGo app on IPODTOUCH?, its not opening at all, but i got it on my laptop already, quite good but want it on my ipod :(