So...Who was your favourite player on FM 2011?

sat10

Reaction score
As the release date of Football Manager 2012 nears, I just wanted to know who has been your favourite player on FM 2011..He could have been a gem for you in maybe just one save...or over many saves...he might not have been your best performing or costliest player, (maybe he was just the best behaved!)... All that matters is that he was your most preferred player....

To start things off, I'll go with mine...and its none other than Landon Donovan....whether it was EPL, the Bundesliga, or even the Ukrainian Premier League...he could always be trusted to perform above everyone else, being versatile enough to play either as an Attacking Midfielder, Winger or Striker...He always earned accolades like Players of the Season etc (Gosh, it almost sounds like I'm writing an obituary)...An absolute steal for a mere 7.5 million Pounds.. All in all, the best player in FM 11 for me...

donovan.jpg

Edison Cavani ..... Juan Mata ..... Javier Hernandez .... Manuel Neuer ..... Chiellini ...... but my most favourite signing by far has to be Henrique i was about 4 years in he was immense

Vaclav Kadlec. Best signing I've ever made.

Other than that it has to be Christian Eriksen. Bought him on every save I've had.

Marek Hamsik/Ezquiel Lavezzi.

Have been doing Napoli saves since FM08, these two were the stand outs of this years save. Fabio Quagliarella was easily FM10's best for me.

Gabi Mudingayi no doubt. Pure bargain for 6 milions.

Pavel Niakhaichyk and Bressan from BATE and Axel Witsel from Standard as cheap quality players.
From my Man City save, Mario Balotelli put in good performances no matter where/role I played him in, so I guess he was a preferred player for me.

Mateo kovacic cuz he played a major role in all my saves
and one regen who was like the perfect poacher and broke every record scoring record i had or think off

Mbark Boussoufa

An absolute steal for 6 million from Anderlecht, he became the captain of my Wolfsburg team as they established themselves as the dominant team in Germany. Set up a ridculous amount of goals as well as scoring some stunners from free kicks, including a volley from just behind the half way line :)

Cavani is stupid, stupid good. Basically a guaranteed goal every time he gets it. Also, Willian, for being a 6 mil steal who can play anywhere in midfield.

Pastore. Worth the £32m. 165 goals + dozens of more assists in 362 league appearances.

aaron cresswell, went from the northern premier to the premier league with him as left back!

Edinson Cavani. Assist and scores loads. Came as a luxury reserve and in one month was a absolute starter.
And of course, a lot o regens, one in particular that became a team legend with less than 25 years and became the alltime champions league goalscorer, one year more than doubling the real world record.

Either Eden Hazard or Paulo Henrique, two great youngsters!