Solihull Moors - A story of long term ambition

Qwaz

Reaction score
Solihull Moors where formed in 2007 after the merger of 2 clubs, Solihull Borough and Moor Green, neither of which have had any previous experience at any level higher than the Blue square premier. With a highest league performance of 16th in the BSN they are one of the lowest reputation teams in the game, I will be trying to take them up the league system, and hopefully eventually they can become a large club in what will be a long adventure.

With no transfer budget, hardly any of my 3.9k wage budget remaining, and most of the players having recently arrived, it could be hard work to do much at all in the first season and I'll actually be happy with a mid table finish.

Unlike some lower league managers, I havent chosen a team with a big stadium, or a sleeping giant, and I'll be sticking to the LLM rules.

The traditional definition for LLM in the CM/FM series is:

Starting with sunday league experience
Managing in as low a league as possible
Not using any exploits to generate money unrealistically
Not using any cheat programs Genie, FMRTE etc
Using your own (non exploitative) tactics
Not taking tips on players from other people
No Reunion players, or similar

So they'll be no cheating, no unrealistic friendly cups against the big teams, and I'll be having attribute masking on too so its as much of a challenge as possible.

When arranging friendlies I'll stick to the ones suggested by FM.

Hope a few people are interested in how it goes, seeing if I can grow the club over the years.

I'm a big fan of real LLM, so I'll be closely following your progress. I did a similar thing with Stalybridge Celtic on FM10, and it was really tough! Good luck

I'll be following. The Moors are local to me and I'm a big fan of lower league managing. Good luck.

Really like LLM stories so goodluck, i had a few seasons with Solihull moors on fm10 and it was tough work.