Media Prediction: 2nd​

League: NpowerLeague 1​

Rivals: Portsmouth& Bournemouth​

Squad

Goalkeepers:

Kelvin Davis

Bartosz Bialkowski

Tommy Forecast

This area could do with some extras as Davis is the only one who isconsistent enough in League 1, you can get money for Bialkowski and Forecast isnot good enough.

Transfers In:

Roy Carroll - Free - Former Man Utd man will be your No.1 and will do wellin seasons to come.

Mahamadou Sidibe - Free - Malian goalkeeper will also be a good No.1 and wasvery consistent for me in the Championship aswell.

Bo Antal - Free - You can buy this guy if you want, he is a good prospectand will become a decent premiership goalkeeper, he is a good player and hassaved me in some cup matches.

Transfers Out:

Bartosz Bialkowski - £100-150k - A lot of teams will be interested in thisguy and you will get quite a bit for him.

Tommy Forecast - Free-£1k - if you're lucky to get rid of him.

Fullbacks Left:

Dan Harding

Ryan Dickson

This area is good enough and you need not replace or buy anyone unless youreally want to.

Transfers In:

Greg Cunningham - Manchester City - Loan - Great player and will become agood premiership LB, will do well for you.

Transfers Out:

Dan Harding - End of season only when he is out of contract, can pick up JoeMattock for £1.5-2m when you get promoted.

Fullbacks Right:

Frazer Richardson

Danny Butterfield

This area is a priority as Richardson is out for around 3-4 months andButterfield isn't consistent enough and is easily turned.

Transfers In:

Derek Geary - Free - Former Sheffield Utd man is a good choice, he has someinjury problems but when he plays, he plays good.

Abubakari Yakubu - Free - The Ghanaian is a younger choice then Geary andcan also provide cover at CB, DMC & MR if needs be.

Transfers Out:

None

Centre Backs:

Jose Fonte

Danny Seaborne

Radhi Jaidi

Aaron Martin

This area needs more strength as Jose Fonte is your only real good player atthis position. Jaidi is old and gets tired quickly, Seaborne is only good forcover and Martin isn't good enough at all in my opinion. Jose Fonte is a MUSTKEEP.

Transfers In:

Jeffery Bruma - I might be being biased when I say this because I am aChelsea fan but this guy is amazing, him and Fonte make a great partnership andteams will find it hard to score against you with these two together, by theend of the season Southampton will be one of his favourite teams so will comeback on loan again in the Championship and is available for £3.5m in the 3rdseason.

Chris Riggott - Free - Former Middlesbrough man provides excellentcompetition for Fonte and makes some match saving tackles.

Calum Davenport - Free - Only buy in January, as he is out injured tillabout then. Provides good cover for Bruma and can make the starting 11 if youdon't have Bruma in the 2nd season.

Izzy Iriekpen - Free - Only buy if you get rid of Seaborne in the firsttransfer window. Cover only.

Transfers Out:

Danny Seaborne - Free-£200k depending on whether you sell in the summer orJanuary.

Radhi Jaidi - End of season only when his contract runs out.

Aaron Martin - Free-£60k - Get rid of him ASAP.

Wingers Left:

Adam Lallana

Ryan Dickson

Oscar Gobern

You will need another player for this position as Dickson can only play hereoccasionally and Gobern is not good enough for Southampton. Lallana is a MUSTKEEP.

Chamberlain & N'Guessan can also cover AML/ML if need be.

Transfers In:

Salomon Olembe - Free - Explosive Cameroonian winger who will provideexcellent competition with Lallana.

Transfers Out:

Oscar Gobern - Free - Not good enough for the squad, get rid of ASAP.

Wingers Right:

Alex Chamberlain

Dany N'Guessan - On loan from Leicester

Jason Puncheon - On loan at Blackpool

This area is fine as Lallana and Yakubu (if you buy him) can cover this areatoo. You need to bring up Chamberlain from the under 18's squad though.

Transfers In:

Abubakari Yakubu - Free - See FB right for details.

Transfers Out:

None.

Central Midfield:

Dean Hammond
Morgan Schneiderlin
Richard Chaplow

This area is good enough, maybe bring in 1 or 2 more players for depth.

Transfers In:

Adrian Mrowiec - Hearts - £65-120k - Great ball winning midfielder, will be good for cover or as a first team member, although he is a natural DMC, he is very consistant at MC aswell.

Connor Clifford - Chelsea - Loan - A good prospect and will provide good cover for Schneiderlin

Josh McEachran - Chelsea - Loan - A very good player, he can start in your first team ahead of Chaplow.

Chris James - Free - A decent midfielder who can also play on the wings, quite slow though.

Matt James - Man Utd - A good prospect and will provide good cover.

Transfers Out:

None

Strikers:

Rickie Lambert

Guly do Prado

Jonathan Forte

Lee Barnard

Your strikeforce is good for League 1. Guly is a natural AMC but play him upfront with a trequartista role and he is a beast, plenty of assists and wondergoals. Bring in 1 or 2 if you want.

Tranfers In:

Fred Sears - West Ham - Loan - Very good poacher who will guarentee you goals

John Guidetti - Man City - Loan - Good poacher who will play well with Guly

Ktlego Mphela - £180-220k - Sundowns - South African striker attracts interest from Valencia amoungst others but will go to you if you offer him a key role.

Julio Cruz - Free - Former Inter star will be amazing for you despite his old age, guarenteed goals although injury can be a problem.

Anthony Derouard - Le Mans FC Under 19's - Amazing young French Poacher, scored 16 in 17 appearences when I loaned him in January.

Transfers Out:

None

Staff

Terminate all contracts EXCEPT from:​

Martin Hunter - Coach​

Jim Stannard - GK Coach​

Vince Bartram - GK Coach​

Matthew Crocker - Youth Coach​

Chris Malkin - Physio​

David Burke - Scout​

Rod Ruddick - Scout​

Staff In:

Tony Coton - Assistant Manager​

Frank Lampard Sr. - Coach​

Peter Davidson - Fitness Coach​

Steve Whitehall - Physio​

Simon Hunt - Scout​

David Hamilton - Scout​

Glen Cockerill - Scout​

Bobby Roberts - Scout​

Tactics

I suggest playing 4-4-2 with a Fluid Philosphy, Attacking Mentality, More Direct Passing, Pressing More, Zonal Marking everything else at Default. this tactic is tried and tested and won me League 1 and the JPT with ease.​

Boardroom Requests

Upgrade Youth Facilities (50/50 chance)​

Parent Club​

Increase Wage Budget (Worth a try)​

Thank you for reading, I hope it helps and gives people the incentive to start with Southampton, they are fantastic to play as. Sorry it's so long aswell haha.​

Any League 1 saves that dont include the signing of Febian Brandy & Soukouna on free transfer and signing Daniel Zlatkov and Alex Smithies is flawed.

Any League 1 saves that dont include the signing of Febian Brandy & Soukouna on free transfer and signing Daniel Zlatkov and Alex Smithies is flawed.

Never siged any of them, and always raped the League 1 (H)

Good guide! Chamberlain turns into one of the best wingers of the game if you guys train him well!

They're only recommended signings you don't have to go with them, plus Alex Smithies is cheaper second season and considerably better so I always get him once i've got promoted. But yeah I was going to put brandy down but I completly forgot.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Thanks mate :)

What shud we do with Chamberlain to get him to one of the best wingers in the game send him out on loan? Put him in the first team for all the games were we play bad teams? Keep him in Under 18's?

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

And please put a screen shot of your starting line up for the begining of the season

Brilliant Guide. I Did A Southampton Before The 11.3 Update And Managed To Get Them To Thhe Premier League. The Only Problem Is When Prado's Loan Finished In January He Didn't Want To Stay. I am Thinking About Doing Them Again With 11.3 Update. Should Be Fun :D I Plan To Look For Young, Hot Prospects. I Just Want To Know How You Make Chamberlain Into A World Class Winger. In My Previous Save, He Was Good But Never World Class And His Value Didn't Really Improve.

Schnerderlin is a cracking player. Although it's hard to tie him down to a contract that doesnt include a minimum fee release

What shud we do with Chamberlain to get him to one of the best wingers in the game send him out on loan? Put him in the first team for all the games were we play bad teams? Keep him in Under 18's?

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

And please put a screen shot of your starting line up for the begining of the season

Bring him straight up to the first team, I played him on the right from the first day for about three seasons until i got Liam Lawrence (for £1 no joke) and rotated them both around, by 5th season he was just brilliant. If he ever has a bad month in training then make sure to tell him you expect better and he perks up.

I am unable to put a screenshot as i don't have the save anymore but i will write it now.

GK: Sidibe
LB: Harding
CB: Jose Fonte
CB: Bruma
RB: Geary
LM:Lallana
CM: Chaplow
CM: Schniederlin
RM: Chamberlain
ST: Guly do Prado
ST: Lambert

Subs: