farman95

Reaction score

Southampton sack Pardew

Alan-Pardew-disappointed_2446035.jpg

Southampton have sacked Alan Pardew after a row with the Southampton board over the Transfer Budget.
A statement on the Clubs official website said: "By decision of the Southampton Board the club have decided a shake-up of coaching staff is whats needed to help this club progress.

Next Saints Manager?

Nigel Adkins - 3/1
Phil Brown - 5/1
Ian Dowie - 7/1
Gianfranco Zola - 15/1
Gareth Southgate - 20/1

Southampton are already in the search for manager and have reportedly approached Gianfranco Zola who rejected the offer, "I was approached by Southampton but i am not ready to return to football." Favourite for the job is surprisingly Nigel Adkins the current Scunthorpe manager who has experience of escaping league one.

Southampton_FC.png

Last edited:

Saints announce Megson as Boss

C_71_article_1137982_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Former Bolton manager Gary Megson has been announced as the new manager of Southampton F.C
Megson signed a 2 year deal replacing Alan Pardew. A statement from the club website has been released stating there reason for the appointment. "Megson has great experience of managing in these divisions, We the board believe he is the man to take this proud football club back where it belongs in the top division of English Football.

Press Conference

Gary, your last job was Bolton in the Premiership why have you decided to drop into a team in League One?
Megson: I spoke with the board and i am excited by the plans they have for this club. This is a big club and it is my job to take them back were they belong.

You didnt have the greatest of times at Bolton and you were often booed, do you feel your on a mission to prove your doubters?
Megson: I enjoyed my time immensely at Bolton but on a personal note yes i would like to prove all those doubters wrong and take this club forward.

Southampton have had there troubles with finances, do you believe you have a budget strong enough for promotion
Megson: I am content with the budget that has been agreed with the board. I feel we have all the tools for an immediate promotion.

Looks good, hope the next update is good and comes soon, try and loan in some players like Hernandez/shelvey

July

A hectic pre-season for Saints Boss Gary Megson capturing numerous impressive loan deals.

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Transfers
Ins
Danny Guthrie - Newcastle - Loan
Emir Bajrami - FC Twente - Loan
Abdoulaye Meite - West Brom - Loan
Gael Kakuta - Chelsea - Loan
Igor Duljaj - Shaktar - £1.3m
Keiren Westwood - Coventry - £2.2m
Milan Misun - Celtic - Loan
Jamie Mackie - QPR - Loan
Stephen Mcphail - Cardiff - £600k + P/EX

Outs
Anthony Pullis - Free
Lee Holmes - Mk Dons- £60k
Joseph Mills - Crewe - £16k
Morgan Schneiderlin - Cardiff - P/EX

Pre-Season Frendlies

Cheltenham 0-2 Southampton

Salisbury 0-2 Southampton

Bournemouth 1-3 Southampton

Wrexham 0-0 Southampton

Eastleigh 0-2 Southampton

Totton 0-4 Southampton
View attachment 105046

Positive pre-season with some decent transfers, team looks strong enough for an instant promotion.

Last edited:
Im new to making fm stories, can someone tell me how i can put a screenshot in my story without having to put it as an attachment?

thanks mate but dont really like image shack, any other suggestions?

Photobucket, imagebam maybe even use facebook and upload them !

Update tomorrow of August.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

theres an error in my game, after i pick squad for a game and continue it says: the match squad must have at least four players trained by a club in england. (currently 5).
What am i meant to do?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------
I will continue the story but by holidaying the league matches because of an error in the update I am using. Unable to play league games in League One.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Decided to stop this story, the LFC update has a problem with home grown players and i cant continue, will download another update and start this story again.

Last edited:
Bit of a tip here mate... Don't sell or P/Ex Morgan Schneiderlin! I am a Saints fan, have a season ticket. He has massive potential, so please dont get rid of him! :D Also, you could have got around £300,000 for Joseph Mills instead of £16,000. He is a fantastic prospect and it is even worth keeping him too. Sell Paul Wotton for £0 though, please... :p Good luck with your story, LFC Marshall has released a new version of V8 without the error, have a look for it

thanks mate but i have decided to start a man city storyy

Restarting this story from here!

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Saints announce Megson as Boss

C_71_article_1137982_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Former Bolton manager Gary Megson has been announced as the new manager of Southampton F.C
Megson signed a 2 year deal replacing Alan Pardew. A statement from the club website has been released stating there reason for the appointment. "Megson has great experience of managing in these divisions, We the board believe he is the man to take this proud football club back where it belongs in the top division of English Football.

Press Conference

Gary, your last job was Bolton in the Premiership why have you decided to drop into a team in League One?
Megson: I spoke with the board and i am excited by the plans they have for this club. This is a big club and it is my job to take them back were they belong.

You didnt have the greatest of times at Bolton and you were often booed, do you feel your on a mission to prove your doubters?
Megson: I enjoyed my time immensely at Bolton but on a personal note yes i would like to prove all those doubters wrong and take this club forward.

Southampton have had there troubles with finances, do you believe you have a budget strong enough for promotion
Megson: I am content with the budget that has been agreed with the board. I feel we have all the tools for an immediate promotion.

thanks (again) ive made some hot signings look out for update ;)

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

July 2009
Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Megson completes numerous impressive loan deals to strengthen Saints.

INS

Danny Guthrie - Newcastle - Loan
Danny_Guthrie_633571685648593750.jpg

Megson was deighted to get Guthrie on board, Newcastle fans couldnt believe they would let such a talent as Guthrie move to Southampton on loan. Megson was delighted he said, " This is a sign of our ambition, to capture a player like Guthrie on loan is brilliant".

Achille Webo - Mallorca - £600K
webo-280.jpg

Megson has also captured Cameroon international striker Achille Webo for £600K. Megson stated, "To sign an international player in league 1 is brilliant but to sign a player with the talent Webo has is out of this world, Webo is capable of shining in the Premiership never mind League One"

Marek Cech - West Brom - Loan
0,,10366~6913918,00.jpg

Emir Bajrami - Fc Twente - Loan
472355-3518379-317-238.jpg

Joao Silva - Everton - Loan
efc__1281433679_Joao-Silva.jpg

Igor Duljaj - Shakhtar - £1.3M
Igor-Duljaj-wallpaper-14-220x220.jpg

Some very impressive deals going on there I see! Good luck in your game, cluck my sig if you would like to follow my progress ;) Also, if you look at the first post of my Story, there is contents. You can go to any specific newspaper issue by looking at that. Enjoy, I know I am enjoying yours!