do downloaded tactics really work?

Reaction score
i ve downloaded loads off tactics in the past and now for fm 09. and i cant seem to get any off them to work. i wouid like your views on any tactics that you downloaded and have worked for you.

Yea some that I tried does work to an extend.. and some for some reason doesn't.

I'm using a 4-4-2 variation for my United team. Works pretty well enough. So far, Lee Liverpool Tactics works well enough too.

well some yes and some no cause the tactics are made for their team not yours

you have to get the right players to play in the tactic, there is no point of playing a wide fast paced game if ur wingers cant cross and have no pace.

You've posted this in the Players section mate, it should be in Tactics & Training. But yes they do work, but as the others have stated, your team is going to be different to theirs, no matter what. There are so many variables that you wouldn't even think of and one of the most important is consistency. If you download a tactic, try it for 2 or 3 games and it doesn't work, then try another tactic with 5-3-2 instead of 4-4-2 then of course, your squad needs to adapt like any team in real life. If you keep rotating your players to suit the change in formation, they're not going to be happy if they're contracted to first team football and they only play 15 a season!

As I said, there are millions of variables, you need to find a tactic, LET it work, give it a season and let your players get used to it, keep an eye on it (dont go on holiday for the season) and tweak it the best you can, then you will get the best out of it you can. Nothing comes quickly in FM, you need to be patient!

All the tactics work,that's why they have been uploaded in the first place,but hard work has gone into making them work.When you download a tactic be prepared to put some work in,look at them and use your football brain to work out what players will work.Give them time to gel and get used to them.People who think they are gonna download some super tactic which is unbeatable from the first whistle are deluded.