Spals Liverpool Story - the rise of the red!

spalmeister

Reaction score
I have decided to manage liverpool this year as i have supported them from a very young age!

I also decided to give myself a one off cash injection of £25m and 100% of revenue from sales to play with as otherwise liverpool start of with only £2m!!!

I decided that i would rebuild this club from top to bottom with the following ideas:

1) would spend my transfer budget on improving the squad size as well as adding some class to certain areas of the squad. Most notably the following positions:

st - poacher variety to partner torres who i believed would be outnumbered alone upfront and ngog just inst ready for the responsibility

cm - with aquilani injured i need another midfield to hold the line and then fight for the posotion when he is fit

cdm - as back up or replacement for lucas if i decide to sell

rb - I also wanted a right back to cover glen johnson

gk - third choice keeper

i also wanted to start my youth policy of finding young talent and building a reserve team of future stars.. (wenger style!) i also decided to over haul liverpools coaches and scouts.

Transfers season 1
IN
gunnarson - £2m (young dm/am - only 19 one for the future)
Rivaldo - 400k (am cover for gerrard, yes this is THE RIVALDO at liverpool!!)
lukaka - £1m (1 striker wonderkid - another one for the future)
salvio - £3.5m (am.fc another future star, tipped to play at gerrad level in future!)
moutinho - £11m (cm - really excited about this cm, young at 22 with great stats)
veloso - £14m (cm/dm quality signing am cover for both cm and dm, young and great stats)
ronaldo - £1.5m (former real man, still has great stats)
van nil - £1.8m (great stats and couldnt decide on which to have out of him and roaldo so bought both)
suchy - 875k - (young potential carra replacement, only 21)
Santon - £11m (amazing stats for youngster and can play both rb and lb)
Alhonse - £725k (16 year old wonder kid keeper.. future investment!)

Total - - £47.8m

transfers season 1
OUT
Voronin - £8m (sunderland.. cant believe they paid £8million for him!)
Dossena - £9.5m (sunderland again.. loving them buying my rejects at high prices!)
Lucas - £10m (man city took hom off my hands!)
Babel - £12m (again man city)
Degan - £3m (Birmingham)
Riera - £2.5m (loan with buy clause)

Total - + £45m

Net transfer spend – £2.8m

I have also sacked several backroom and coaching staff and brought in italo glabiatti as my assistant manager.

Tactics

My team consists of:

GK – reina
LB – Insua / aurielo
RB – Johnson / Santon
CB – Carragher / Skrtly
CB – Agger / Suchy
DM – macherano / Veloso
CM (defensive) – Moutinho / Veloso
CM (attacking) – Aquilani / Moutinho
AM – Gerrard / Beneyoun / Rivaldo
ST – (poacher) Ronaldo / Van Nil
ST – (Adavanced forward) Torres / kuyt
The midfield is in a close diamond formation. I believe I have a squad capable of challenging for some major trophies with my main ambition being the premier league.

Currently i am first in the premier league after winning my first 5 matches but have lost my last 2.. here are my results so far:
League
3-0 sunderland (win)
3-0 stoke (win)
1-0 Villa (win)

2-0 burnley (win)
3-1 portsmouth (win)
3-0 chelsea (win)
2- 0 bolton (win)
0-1man utd (loss)
2-3 spurs (loss)
In the champs league i have won my first two games and beat notts county in the league cup .
Not a bad start but the two straight defeats in the prem are concerns. Will keep you all updated!!

Shouldnt add extra 25m though. I played with 2m and won EPL and FA cup. Second season now

25m is a lot mate. it kind of defeats the purpose of fm and becomes less challenging :'(

Yeah if you would challenge yourself playing Liverpool without the injection of extra money, it is then challenging. Compare to Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea, Liverpool will be the most challenging among the top 4 clubs. Nevertheless, i will be following this once in awhile =)

i started with just the 2 million and just sold players to raise funds and just got 3-4 players and the others i need will get on free transfers till i get the next season budget...

it does defeat the object adding extra money into your club specially liverpool, i started with the 2 million and sold alot of players, to buy in a few good players which has got me 20 games unbeaten :D

this is true... but if you see that i spent a net spend of £2.8m.. i havent actually touched my transfer money yet (well £0.8m) and have no thoughts at this bar scouting some young hopefuls.. When i originally started as liverpool i tried selling players and only recieved 40% of the transfer money!! so couldnt find any suitable replacements.. and i do think if liverpool did get another manager he would have a little cash to spend.. but i may get rid of that £24m i have left anyway and just keep the 100% transfer funds from sales..

currently having a bit of trouble having lost torres to a broken arm.. still top the league but wins are looking less and less convincing..

1-0 (win) juventus
0-0 (draw) wolves
2-3 (loss) everton (league cup)
2-1 (win) juventus
2-0 (win) birmingham
1-0 (win) blackburn

also i am picking up so many yellow and red cards its shocking.. so going to try tweaking my tactics to resolve this!

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

i have put my transfer budget back down to £0 ... but i havent touched the percentage of funds available from transfers..

yeah whats the point of playing liverpool when you use cheat and give yourself money? liverpool is supposed to be hard cause you have little money and your players sucks. anyways with the 2m i still won many throphies. it'll be more satisfying getting star players WITHOUT cheats

just had both harry kewel and milan baros recommended to me! lol

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

yeah whats the point of playing liverpool when you use cheat and give yourself money? liverpool is supposed to be hard cause you have little money and your players sucks. anyways with the 2m i still won many throphies. it'll be more satisfying getting star players WITHOUT cheats

why i have just removed my transfer budget... (having spent 0.8m extra than i should have) everything before that was with money made from sales... although i do find it funny looking at other liverpool storied that no one seemed to get the allowance of 40% of transfers sales funds made available to the manager...

If he wants to cheat let him cheat if he is happy leave him alone he is playing the game not you

Ok guys cool it if he wants to cheat let him, theres no law against it is there. Like he said he's only had an extra 800k so who really cares??

i was planning on spending some more on youth players but dop feel like taking more of the challenge on.. have bought some great young players for cheap so far so will continue to find this hidden gems.. will keep u updated on the careers of :

Salvio (gerrard potential)
Lukaka (not quite torres potential)
Suchy (carra potential)
alphonse (reina potential)

these are also players i have found via scouts etc and not from the web as i do prefer to find yhoung talent myself and its all i have my scouts doing!

yeh i wud agree that 25M is a bit too much but ive recently read that the liverpool board are giving rafa 12M to spend in the january transfer window so ill be updating my finances as well

finally figured out how to do screen shots.. here is my latest game against everton away.. thought it was going pear shaped at first when glenny boy was sent off but pulled through and won 3-0!!

View attachment 16922

Pleased with the win but my players lack of discipline is bothering me and needs to be corrected and soon!€

you dont need a tighter defence you need monster masch as a anchor man at in dmc due to the fact it works so well for me and i have gerrard next to him as a deep playmaker playing long balls to torres for counter attacks it is so effective hence only letting 4 goals in by january and beating chelesa 1-0 man utd 2-1 and arsenal twice 2-0 and 1-0.. if thats any help to you pal

have a look at my progress and i will put screen shots on my formation soon on it aswell but just see the results i have had so far pal - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/liverpool-my-story-t23715.html

Last edited:
i do usually have mach as my anchor man (updated my tactics screen to my ususal team with injuries included for forum purposes)

will check out your story though :)

TORRES OUT FOR 5-6 WEEKS WITH BROKEN ARM!

how will my side cope.. well not to badly.. diffentaly not as potent up front at the moment and it does seem i need another world class striker for next season (poss january if possible) .. ronaldo and van nil will have to do as now kuyt is injured for a few games.. good to see ngog take his chance in his first game for me with two goals in the champs league to help us finish top the group..

last few games
View attachment 16972
Good run of results untill man city defeat.. but controlled the game and feel with torres upfront would have been a different story.

Champ league tale and premier league table...
View attachment 16973
View attachment 16974

january transfer window...

asked board for some funds and received £1.8million... hardly the £12m rafa is getting!!!

transfers in -
otamendi - £1.5m (young cd with carra potential)
Golasa - £300k (young am)