Staff attributes

• Thread starter Thread starter Muttley11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 12K
M

Muttley11

First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone..this is my first post on these forums.

I've had a look for similar posts to mine using the search feature, but did not find what I was looking for. (If a post like this exists please point me in the right direction).

My question is this: What attributes should I be looking for when hiring staff.
For example, I've tried searching for an assistant manager who has
'Man Management' of at least 15
'Tactical Knowledge' of at least 17

The only result I receive from the above search feature is Hans Becke (Manager of Notts County).

I haven't played FM since the 2007 version so I'm a little bit out of touch :)

you can use that link to see what an assistant manager needs, then search for it inside the game

It seems around what you said originally, so try lowering your expectations

oh *** man wise. personally i reckon judging player ability and potential (he is the one who reports on how good players are/can be in your curretn squad) man management, tactical knowledge, motivation and discipline are needed.

but this is jsut my opinion, there may be a guide somehwere on how to find a good *** man.

if you are a big club then get valter di salvo

Thanks for the quick replies :)

I was looking at the coach calculator and I hit the 'Homepage' link at the top which took me to a forum post on thedugout.tv and someone had asked a similar question to me.
The response he got (in case anyone else is interested):

Assistant Managers

Unless you take on the task yourself, this fella is very important to any club. He is vital for the development of the club and staff.
Ideally your looking for a combination of coaching skills and managerial style that matches your own. A good eye for talent and potential also helps a major plus if you’re going to rely on his comments.
Make sure your reserves and under19s play the same formation as the 1st team to get them used to how you play.

Essential Skills

Coaching outfield players, judging player ability, man management, motivation and a similar style of play as your own.

Source: FM2007 hints and tips guide (by Marc Vaughan & Nick Habershon)

I got Di Salvo as the first team coach as he was not interested in being assistant manager but i highly recommend trying to get him anyway. Also have a look at some of the youth coaches im sure there will be someone there who fits the bill well.

Thanks for the link, came in really handy.

Quick question, my staff told me I need someone for the man management role, so I sign Julio Tous for this position. I offer him a contract, he accepts and I think everything worked fine, but then I realize that I'm still missing the "man management" postion and Julio is under the tactical coach category. Anyone know how to move him to man management? Thank you!

Back