shootie

Sergi <3
Reaction score
Thing is, after my Racing save wouldnt load I had no idea who to manage at all. Flicking around various teams I didnt really fancy them. So I decided to take the plunge and start unemployed. working my way up the leagues.

Im using the OP as a sort of index page. So ill update it when ive signed new players/sold players etc. Also ill be doing monthly updates.

I didnt last unemployed for long however. Actually it lasted all of a half a minute, as Spanish Second Division B4 side Marbella offered me a contract. They have several good players for this level but have no transfer budget. The career begins...

Season 2009/2010

Spanish Second Division B4

170px-UD_Marbella_escudo.png

Information

Unión Deportiva Marbella is a Spanish football team based in Marbella, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Founded in 1997, it currently plays in Segunda División B - Group 4, holding home matches at Estadio Municipal de Marbella, with a capacity of 9,000 seats.
Contents

Unión Deportiva Marbella was founded in 1997 immediately after the defunction of Club Atlético Marbella, which was born 38 years before, and was owned by Jesús Gil, also the chairman of Atlético de Madrid.

In September 2007, four years after the club reached Segunda División B for the first time, the club was taken over by leading businessmen Ian Radford & Wayne Elliott of the HI Group, an international sports, leisure, property and travel company.

Founded: 1997
Media Prediction: 4th
Transfer Budget: £0
Wage Budget: £13k p/w
Finances: Okay
Squad:
View attachment 60761

Transfers In:

Sergi: Free (Textil Escudo)
Juanmi: Parent club loan (Malaga)

Transfers Out:

Igna: £20k (Monza)

Last edited:
I'll follow this mate seems interesting

Quality. Good luck. What skin is that mate? Very nice !

sweet i never done a spain story i miss england to much lol

I'll follow this mate seems interesting

Quality. Good luck. What skin is that mate? Very nice !

Thanks lads. And its Stelko X skin, you can find it here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1225

I was planning to do monthly but my net was down yesterday, so ill do half season report.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/2010 Mid-Season

170px-UD_Marbella_escudo.png

The league

View attachment 61589
View attachment 61603

Im sitting comfortably in 1st place. But I dont really care about winning the title, because basically it means nothing. To get promoted to the Liga Adelante, I must play in a playoff knockout tournament with 15 other teams (Top 4 from B1, B2, B3, B4). So im just looking to stay as far ahead of 5th place as possible. And im 6 points ahead of Granada, so its looking quite good.

I was undefeated untill mid November, losing to Cueta 3-2 where my defence let in really sloppy goals. Losing to bottom side Betis B was shocking aswell, as the team created loads of chances failing to convert any of them. And their goal was a dubious offside goal. Apart from that im pretty happy at the amount of goals we are scoring, but our defence could be better.

The Cup

View attachment 61602

I had a pretty good run in the cup, reaching the 4th round but facing teams in the 3rd tier like myself. The first game against Bilbao was really entertaining, at one stage I was 4-1 down and we brought it back to 5-4 thanks to a Pedro hattrick and Sergi. But their class shown in the end and Llorente was amazing for them. Scoring 5. The return leg we lost 4-2 to another full strength Bilbao, but im still proud of the performance against the team 3rd in La Liga.

Key Players

Pedro

View attachment 61592

This man is a goal scoring machine. I would definately reccomend him to any of you playing in League 1/2 as he is incredible value for his stats. Hes scored 20 goals in 22 starts in all competitions, the highlight probably scoring a hattrick in the 7-4 defeat to Athletic Bilbao.

Sergi

View attachment 61593

I love Sergi, I bought him for a 5% sell on clause and it seems to be one of the best peices of buisness ive ever done on FM. He started the season like a house on fire, he was immense. However he got into a bit of a sulk after I forgot to give a good teamtalk after a win. And after that he got unsettled thanks to the media hyping him up. But even when hes unhappy hes been brilliant in the AM role supporting Pedro.

Carlos Rivera

View attachment 61591

The man who pulls the strings in my midfield. Some of his assists were amazing and he can score from distance aswell. Hes played nearly everygame in his CM role, offering good support to Sergi in the creative part of the team.

Adrian

View attachment 61590

My tricky winger on the left, he has great stats in all the right positions. Great stats for this level too, he is a bit poor in front of goal though.

Other players of note include Antonio Solvidella, my midfield destroyer. Who didnt start the season well getting sent off to Athletic Cuidad, but has came back and played really well. Has a AVR of 7.16. Also my goalkeeper Avila deserves a mention too.

I dont plan to do any transfers, but if any ill try to see what freebies/loans in defence I could get, as my defence is shaky at best.

Dont forget to comment and give me any tips/hints you might have for LLM :)

Last edited:
good story so far. I'll follow, LLM stories are the best! One player that i would recommend is Glauber if you can get him. He scores a lot from long range for me and I got him for free

You seem to be doing very well though so just keep doing what you're doing.

good luck mate

all the best m8 ill be checking this out from time to time

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments lads, glad to see you are enjoying the story. Although im not enjoying it too much after this ***** month :'(

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Key*
SSDB4 = Spanish Second Division B4

January

SSDB4

Sun 3-1-'10
Marbella 2-0 Murica Imperial

View attachment 61977

Pretty good win here, keeping ourselves top of the table thanks to goals from Carlos Rivera and Goal Machine Pedro.

SSDB4

Sun 10-1-'10
Marbella 1-0 Caravaca

View attachment 61978

A really really tough game here. Our main outlet for goals Pedro is out for a few weeks with injury and young replacement Juanmi struggled in front of goal. A header from right winger Christian won the day for us.

SSDB4

Sat 16-1-'10

Jaen 2-0 Marbella

View attachment 61979

Really performed poor here. Pedro is a massive loss to this team as Juanmi simply isnt good enough to rely on to bang in the goals. I have no other option however. Jaen performed well however and deserved their win.

SSDB4

Sun 24-1-'10
Marbella 1-3 Sangonera

View attachment 61980

Again we were ****. Couldnt score if we were given 2 grand in a brothel. Sergi scored our only goal from a penalty 10 minutes from time and I thought we could steal a point. However we finally broke and fell apart at the end conceding 2 sloppy goals.

SSDB4

Sun 31-1-'10
Ecija 3-3 Marbella

View attachment 61981

Although we ended our losing duck, Im still pretty fustrated at the team. We were 2-0 up and cruising, Juanmi finally ending his scoring drought. Ecija even took the lead in the 2nd half and it took a Sergi goal to get us back in. Even at that Ecija had a last minute penalty to win the match, but thankfully they missed. And good job too as I was about to shut my laptop in fustration XD.

The League

View attachment 61982

We have slipped down to 3rd, but even more importantly the gap between the chasing pack and the top 4 has gotten smaller. Which is the more important factor.

Player of the Month

sergi.png

Probably Sergi, only player who played even close to his best this month​

Last edited:
looks nice mate good luck, if you get chance to manager middlesbrough go for it:D lol will follow closely:D

looks nice mate good luck, if you get chance to manager middlesbrough go for it:D lol will follow closely:D

Thanks for following (H)

Yeah, I think If I get Marbella promoted ill stick with them for another season or two. But ive been linked with some good jobs, even though I only picked Automatic reputation Ive been linked with the Sevilla and Valencia jobs to name but a few. But ill keep Boro in mind if the situation arises XD

Febuary

View attachment 62454View attachment 62455View attachment 62456View attachment 62457

Form this month: 3-0-1

Febuary I thought for a while was going to be a flawless month. However that 2-0 loss to really came out of the blue, especially after such good results in our other 3 league matches this month. We were extremley poor against Estepona and it came as such a blow, especially after beating Atletico Cuidad 4-0 in the previous game. We also beat San Roque 3-0 and Jerez 2-1 at Home during Febuary.

Comments

Ive learned alot about my team and I know for a fact I wont last in the Liga Adelante with my medicore defence. A new formation is in order I think, as I feel the AI have sussed out my tactic now we are so far into the season. As generally my play hasnt been as good as earlier on in the season. In the first 3 months of the season we lost once, in the last 3 we have lost 3.

The League

View attachment 62458

The gap is now 4 points between us and 5th placed Granada. Although I hope to change that as March gives us some very winnable games. I will need to win these as I face Granada and 3rd Placed Ceuta in April.

Other

Changing tactics in March, just perfected a 4-2-3-1 assymetrical. Think it will suit my team perfectly.

View attachment 62467

An update with the remainder of the normal league season coming up shortly. Then match reports on play-offs :D.

Remainder of season (March-May)

View attachment 62878

Form this pireod: 8-1-2

Comments

For a pireod in March I had given up hope on winning the league, hoping my faltering side could keep in the top 4, which seemed possible seeing that we had not been out of the top 3 all season. Our form was really poor, and despite what I said in Febuary update I did not use the new tactic. I found a new one which I will explain later on in this update.

A great run of form where we won our last 5 games saw us swing right back up to the top in a battle between ourselves and 4 other teams. However a win against then 2nd place Poli Ejido (Who dropped to 4th after, such was the congestion at the top) saw us lift the B4 trophy. However, more important things are to come. Such as the play off tournament for promotion to the Liga Adelante.

The League

View attachment 62879

Champions!!!

Look how tight it was at the top too, bear in mind it was way tighter than this is early April.

Other

New tactic that im using that gave me all the good results near the end of the season

View attachment 62880

Stay tuned for the play offs(H) and wish me the best of luck. As finishing 1st means I am in the first phase, which pairs me up with the other 3 league winners from B1, B2 and B3. Which makes my job that bit tougher. And Sergi misses the game on poxy U-19 Spanish duty :(

Last edited:
Good luck on getting through the play off thingy