starting from nothing

19-11-08

loves anderson
Reaction score
to be honest i'm not very good at football manager but i've got bored of my recent game. i'm thinking of starting a game where i have no experience or job. was just wondering how hard is that and has anyone had any success.
sorry if someone else has started a thread like this.

can i ask you how do you start a thread

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

and yes i did start something like that before but waited months for a club to come knocking

if you go onto one of the sections of the forum e.g FM 2009 General Discussion above all the threads to the left there should be a button that looks just like the post reply button that says new thread. press this and it should be simple.

Well, You can check the Lower League Manager section, and you will find many stories and help about the subject you asked for.

it's the best way to play FM, or you have also the option of starting without experience and taking the worst side possible (vauxhall motors I think it would be)

loaded a database and applied for 51 jobs. took the job at pimentense in the brazilian third division. they only have 6 proper players.

just realised there five games into a fourteen game league. they have 1 point and are 2 points away from safety.

Last edited:
If you are new to thee game I would of reccommended a good team in a lower league, Leicester or Leeds maybe.

If you are new to thee game I would of reccommended a good team in a lower league, Leicester or Leeds maybe.
i'm not new but just not very good

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

now that i've started a game with this brazilian team i was wondering about some things. as the game goes on and you get experience your stats on the personal information page and current ability improve does this effect anything like make your team play better. also in brazil is it better to stay with the 4-2-2-2 formation that almost every brazilian team use or use a different one.

lower league is not hard it just requires patience and precise attenson to your finances because if you go into dept big time your job is under fire, Plus when you are looking at players stats whether to sign him or not dont just sign sign sign! you gotta look at the bigger picture like - what stats he needs for the specific postion, where will him play and so on. Because if you do sign a player for like 10k and you dont need him then 10k is quite alot in lower league look into every single detail there is.

most important thing you do is get a parent club and hopefully you will get someone like arsenal, man utd, chelseaor any other club with great players you will able to get on loan which will help you big time they can help teams predicted 15 or lower to push onto promotion so getting a parent club is the first thing you should do

Last edited:
yeh i have tried this a couple of months ago on the 9.2.0 update and there where six clubs and non of them wanted me as i had no experience so i had to wait a long time and eventually a bsp team offered me a job so accepted it. haven't played it since though.