Wanted to start this challenge I've done many times before in previous games,

I loaded:

England Prem,Champ, L1, L2
Scotland Prem,D1,D2,D3
Germany Bund
France L1
Spain La Liga
Italy SA

Its taken 3 years!!! but finally got my first job at a relegated Hartlepool Utd, looks like they have had a wee spanish board takeover, nothing spectaculor moneywise, still £0 transfers but they have 6 players retained so complete squad building from scratch for me!

I will post pics and more details as it comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 years lol. if u done bsp or blue square north and souths it would of taken about 2 months

I've started with the same leagues with the addition of the second tiers in the foreign ones and the bsp and bsn/s in england. Got to January 2011 and no job offer yet. Just wondered if other people had started the game like this and how long it had taken?

Just holiday the game and tick 'Apply for managerial position at:' and set it to 'Any Clubs'. Then also tick 'Return from holiday when offered job'. Go on holiday indefinitely. Now you wait. :)

That's what I've done, be interesting to see what happens this year. On FM10 I ended up Forfar manager, took them into the Scottish Premier Division by something like 2017. Highest finish was 6th in 2019, then this game came out lol.

I know i should hav included the BS North and South, i forgot to add them when i started it and i did the go on holiday indefinate and apply and return...i just let it do it when i went to bed, woke up and there was my job offer :)

You should have put Portugal in.
I was hired in the first day by Maritmo B team.
You cant get more LLM than a B team :)
Second day in charge my facilities were downgraded... didn't even know you could do that :p

You should have put Portugal in.
I was hired in the first day by Maritmo B team.
You cant get more LLM than a B team :)
Second day in charge my facilities were downgraded... didn't even know you could do that :p

try a team who's millions in debt, and has only regens after you manually added them to a playable league.

Tough doesn't do it justice.

I have :)
I'm a Juventude de Évora fan and they were in the Portuguese 3rd Division in FM10.
it was pretty hard, i'll grant you that.
But I still maintain that a b team is the lowest point.
No decision power, no youth, zero to choose from, and my game the main team poached my best players all the time.

I have :)
I'm a Juventude de Évora fan and they were in the Portuguese 3rd Division in FM10.
it was pretty hard, i'll grant you that.
But I still maintain that a b team is the lowest point.
No decision power, no youth, zero to choose from, and my game the main team poached my best players all the time.

Aren't Juventude the team that has the green and white hoop uniform as the home uniform?

If I get bored with my save I may try a B team, I've always thought about it, but thought that it may lead me to taking the job at the main team, thereby ruining the challange.

That's the rival team Lusitano de Évora, Juventude's kit is white and blue stripes.
I agree with you, I was promoted after the second season and it just ruined the game for me.

That's the rival team Lusitano de Évora, Juventude's kit is white and blue stripes.
I agree with you, I was promoted after the second season and it just ruined the game for me.

What all do you know about Estrela Amadora? There isn't much information online about them, and I don't read Portuguese so their website doesn't offer me much.

I had already answered you in the team choosing tread when I saw your post, but if you want to, I can give you a lot more information.

right guys, i started again

Thought 3years to get a job was far too long! , I added the Blue Square Leagues and did the exact same again

this time however instead of getting a job in those leagues within a few months like i excpected I got offered the Cowdenbeith job after a year!

I quite like this game I've started though as im scottish and thought a nice young scottish manger taking the reins at recently relegated Cowdenbeith sounded rather realistic.

I just completed first season and won the Scottish League 2 =D !

roll on the First Division!

I love the challenge, but one thing I can't stand is after you spend year after year trying to reach the top, and get the top jobs - all the players around you are fake, and for me it just doesn't feel right anymore, the fun is out of it when you're playing with completely fake players and staff. Once you get about 6 seasons in, all the players you know and love drop like flies, and it just keeps up that way every year until not one real player remains in the game.

I understand what you mean, but at the end of the day I'd prefer to build up a reputation as a manager, its so much more of an acheivement when you win the Premeirship knowing you started off as a 3rd division scottish club with Sunday League Reputation.

Tbh like you said 6seasons in yes a majority of the players are gone, but you can get half of them as coaches :D and players such as andy carroll, joe hart, fabregas, wilshire are all still i nthe game so there is plenty of people tochoose from if you dont like "fake players"

oh and to update my game : Cowdenbeath have just returned to the First Division by winning the 2nd Division title the seasn they went down!!

Two league titles in 3years :) im quite happy with this!

Seemed like a good challange so i took the same set-up and got offered a job at Airdrie Utd in March 2011. Will be interesting....

I start a file like this every FM. This time I got a job at Droylsden after 2 months as I put in the conf north/south leagues. Currently flying at the top of league 2 after 2 consecutive promotions.

Last edited:
I started with the full English set-up (down to BSN/S) and it took almost exactly a year to get a job (when all the managers get sacked after the final tables come through)