• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Stoke City - The Brittania Stadium
Competition: Barclays Premier League
When: 12/8/2011, kickoff 13:30

Stoke City Team News:
City's tricky wingers Matthew Etherington and Jermaine Pennant mean that Rory Delap's long throws are no longer the lone weapon in the Potters' armoury. Stoke are difficult to tackle at the best of times, and at the Britannia Stadium, with their fervent supporters empowering them, they are capable of beating anybody.
Pulis has again been shrewd in this summer's transfer market, signing experienced defenders Jonathan Woodgate and Matthew Upson. These acquisitions highlight the development of the squad over the last few years as they look to build on last year's 13th place in the table. Pulis is actively trying to bring in more players before the window closes, having missed out on the likes of Carlton Cole, Scott Dann and Cameron Jerome.

Ricardo Fuller (Achilles) and Danny Higginbotham (knee) are both out injured and are not expected back until the end of Septmber. rows are no longer the lone weapon in the Potters' armoury.

Chelsea Team News:
Villas-Boas will be keen for a good start to the season in a bid to quell any doubts about his suitability for the job. At 33, he is the youngest manager in the league, and nothing other than the Premier League title or UEFA Champions League glory will assuage Roman Abramovich's **** for trophies.
The expected splurge of summer signings that many thought would accompany his arrival at Stamford Bridge has not materialised. Barcelona rookie Oriol Romeu has been signed as cover for Michael Essien, who has again injured cruciate knee ligaments, casting long-term doubts over his fitness. A £20million deal for Anderlecht's Romelu Lukaku is in the pipeline, but the young Portuguese manager still has one of the most experienced squads in Europe at his disposal.

Fernando Torres and Frank Lampard are both available dispite suffering knocks midweek.

Match Stats and Milestones:

• Stoke began last season with three straight league defeats, one of which was against Chelsea.
  • The Potters finished 13th last season but would have finished eighth if only home form counted.
  • Stoke's average possession per game in 2010-11 was 38%. They were the only team to average under 40%.
  • Chelsea conceded 33 goals last season, four fewer than champions Manchester United.
  • Chelsea conceded six headed goals in the 2010-11 season, fewer than any other side in the Premier League.
  • The Blues began last season with five consecutive league wins, scoring 21 goals and conceding just one in the process.
  • Frank Lampard will have completed 10 years with Chelsea in June.
  • If in the starting line up, Didier Drogba will make his 250th start for the Blues and Florent Malouda his 100th Premier League start.
  • Ashley Cole is due to make his 150th Premier League appearance in a Blue shirt.
Chelsea v Stoke in all competitions:
Games played 85
Chelsea wins 38
Stoke wins 27
Draws 20

Head to head in the League at Victoria Ground and Britannia Stadium
Games played 37
Chelsea wins15
Stoke wins15
Draws7

Biggest league win at Stoke for each team
Stoke 6-1 Chelsea - 04/02/1939, 15/02/1947
Stoke 0-3 Chelsea - 03/12/1988

DAYS SINCE:
Chelsea lost a league game against Stoke: 13,279
Stoke last lost at home: 83
Arsenal won a trophy: 2,275
Liverpool won a trophy: 1,918

My view:
As we all know Stoke are a tough team to play but i believe Chelsea are well equipped to deal with Stokes physical presence. Im going to predict a 2-1 win for Chelsea with goals comming from Drogba and Malouda and Stokes goalscorer being Pennant.

think chelsea will win but it wont be easy so i will go 2-1 to the chels

Don't see Stoke scoring and with Chelsea's pre-season defensive record I reckon they'll get another win. Scoreline will flatter them though.

Stoke 0-2 Chelsea - Drogba, Lampard.

Dunno why the **** they put that but it's still quality XD
Chelesa 5-0 Stoke
Torres X5

Sorry I thought this was on tomorrow not Sunday.. my bad! (A)

DAYS SINCE:
Chelsea lost a league game against Stoke: 13,279
Stoke last lost at home: 83

There's always something isn't there Carl? ;)

Have a feeling Stoke will get a draw/sneaky win here for some reason. I think I went 1-0 Stoke in the predictions, but I'll go for 1-1/1-2 Chelsea now.

First few games Chelsea games will be goal fest.. New manager syndrome and all..

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Forgot this is away game for Chelsea, going for 1-0 stoke win..

I don't think it will be easy and I don't think we will deserve to win by the amount I'm going to say, but I have a good feeling...

Stoke 1-4 Chelsea

Jones, Drogba, Kalou, Torres and Malouda.

EDIT - Had Sturridge for a goal, forgot he was suspended :mad:

Last edited:
0-2 is my prediction, backing Malouda/Lampard to score.

Not expecting too much, the midfield is still a bit of a mess in my opinion and we clearly need a younger playmaker in there to freshen things up.

If Torres was fit I would back him for a goal but with him just getting over a concussion he's not going to be exactly 100%.

Thinking Bosingwa will play and maybe Ivo and Terry CB with Cole at LB.

If Ivo isn't 100% since he is a doubt then obviously Alex will have to step in (I worry about that, barely had any full pre season under his belt).

Torres starts.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Cech; Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Mikel, Lampard; Kalou, Torres, Malouda.

Interesting..

Half fit Torres starts over fully fit Drogba.

He's essentially fully fit really, alot of journo's/pundits seem to think Drogba is AVB's preferred choice either way... Torres has basically gotten over his 'mild' concussion. Put it this way, if they thought he was fit enough to go on the bench then they think he's good enough to start...

Come on El Nino, time to kick start AVB's reign.

Interesting..

Half fit Torres starts over fully fit Drogba.

How's he half fit? If he wasn't fully fit AVB would not play him. Torres was fine the next day after the concussion, he had a full training session, just couldn't remember a few things from the Spain game.

Stoke have a ******* mint team at the moment. Tanks all over the pitch.