Strachan given vote of no confidence by fans

JP Woody

Reaction score
gordon-strachan-233000458.jpg

GORDON Strachan has fared extremely badly in the eyes of those Boro fans who filled in our annual performance review as he approaches the end of his first year at the helm.
In fact just over 78% of fans taking part believe that Strachan should not stay on as manager
It’s an indication of the disappointment that has been felt throughout Teesside over the manager’s apparent inability to take the club forward.​

The frustrations felt by the fans over the club’s lack of progress have led to Strachan receiving a performance rating of ‘poor’ in all key areas.
Fans were asked to tick boxes on a series of performance subjects, choosing a selection of either ‘excellent’, ‘good’, ‘satisfactory’ or ‘poor’.
In every case the overwhelming choice was for ‘poor’.
A whopping 92.8% believe that Strachan’s overall performance in his first year in office has been poor.
Another huge figure, 91.3%, also believe that the entertainment value at the Riverside Stadium has been poor.
It’s impossible to find a category where Strachan has performed well in the eyes of the fans, though his best performance appears to be in the transfer market.
Even then, 64.6% believe that his transfer dealings have been poor.
A meagre 1.1% believe Strachan’s signings have been excellent, while 11.3 opt for ‘good’ and 23.1 for ‘satisfactory’.
Strachan’s team selection, motivating players and tactics take a pounding, with more than 80% rating these areas as poor.
Ironically, despite all the negative stories this week, another of Strachan’s better areas is believed to be his media dealings.
He received his highest ‘excellent’ figure of 2.7% for his media dealings, with a further 8.9 opting for ‘good’.
While the majority of fans have ticked the box insisting that Strachan should leave, it leaves absolutely no doubt that a vast improvement is expected in his second 12 months should Strachan remain in control.​

gordon-strachan-survey-results-894348125.jpg

gordon-strachan-survey-results-271502050.jpg

Wow, doubt he'll resign though. I think a few more bad results and he'll be out.

His transfer activity hasn't been poor, he bought in Kris Boyd.. how many people would of thought of that?

Wow, doubt he'll resign though. I think a few more bad results and he'll be out.
We cant afford to sack him unfortunately :'(

He's trying his hardest to be sacked too, in his after match comments the other day he was asked what he would do now, he replied: "go home, take some drugs, have a drink and have a smoke"

He's trying his hardest to be sacked too, in his after match comments the other day he was asked what he would do now, he replied: "go home, take some drugs, have a drink and have a smoke"

He obviously realises that he's not doing well and wants a payout from the board so is trying to get sacked rather than quit and get nothing.

With the squad there, should really be doing so much better. Boyd not cutting it in England yet, I take it?

What an arsehole

With the squad there, should really be doing so much better. Boyd not cutting it in England yet, I take it?
I dont really blame him, he's been in and out of the team as Stachan chops and changes for every match, when he does play he get absolutely zero service.

I don't really follow the championship,wheres Boro? and where's Portsmouth?

Boro - 18th
Pompey - 21st

Its also worth mentioning Boro have won 1 away game in a year since he took over.

Its also worth mentioning Boro have won 1 away game in a year since he took over.
it was harsh on southgate imo when he got sacked, still dont understand why they sacked him in the first place?

it was harsh on southgate imo when he got sacked, still dont understand why they sacked him in the first place?
Southgate should never of been given the job in the first place but i agree sacking a guy 1 point of the top of the championship was madness.

poor for everything. that's the most clear message by the fans. he hasn't been very good at all, and he should resign before worse comes to the Teeside

So, does this mean Boro fans want him out or what? XD

Good, i honestly want to see boro back in the premiership and i feel that strachan is very over rated.

Boyd isn't a worker, everyone who has seem him play will know that, he needs service and he isn't getting it.

It's stupid playing him up front with Scott Mcdonald. Both are lazy fat pachers who will get goals if they are given the chance. However they won;t work for each other and Boro don't have the wingers to supply them.

I dont really blame him, he's been in and out of the team as Stachan chops and changes for every match, when he does play he get absolutely zero service.

Southgate should never of been given the job in the first place but i agree sacking a guy 1 point of the top of the championship was madness.

Question answered there really, Gibson caved into the pressure from the year before. Southgate is too soft to be a manager and his tactics and team selections were terrible.

Good, i honestly want to see boro back in the premiership and i feel that strachan is very over rated.

Very harsh statement,

back to back titles with Celtic, beating Ac Milan and Man United in the champions league, a few Scottish cups and took Southampton to there highest ever finish and FA Cup final, one in which they were cheated (mr Pires) He also kepy Coventry in the premiership year after year despite there debts.

ON Topic

It's just not working for him, I think bringing in so many un tested players in the division has been his downfall.

The best manager to ever manage Coventry, would give anything to have him back in our current state.

I'm a massive fan of Strachan, i went three years without seeing us win a league for good reason!

Also, Boyd is going to get goals if he stays in the squad. He loses his fitness after 1 game out, "Boyd Will Stay, Boyd Will Play, Boyd Will Score"

Tbh, although I wanted him to succeed, I did expect Boyd to fail in the Championship, as a main reason he scored so many for Rangers was because we were dominating next to every game, and he had a lot of service. Thomson btw will be an excellent signing, if he can stay fit. I thought Strachan would succeed tbh, and I still think he might, though I do think he bought far too many players from the SPL.