Strange but True

• Thread starter MetalHeroChris
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
M

MetalHeroChris

Thought I'd start a thread about the interesting or "strange" things that have happened in the course of your game. Has anything really strange happened to you?
If so then this is the place to post about it.

For example; Player retirments?

Look forward to reading your strange but true stories.

Also if you'd like feel free to put in a screenshot or two.

i played a game once where the captain of the other team got sent off, then his son came on and got sent off too, they both got the same match rating, not that weird but pretty odd

i played a game once where the captain of the other team got sent off, then his son came on and got sent off too, they both got the same match rating, not that weird but pretty odd
That is odd, thanks for the reply.

i've had way too many to reply, loads i cant remember,

well, here's one, i was stoke, 4-1 up vs hull at half time, full time result?? 5-5:S

I don't now if I can upload a screenshot. But basically League Cup final a huge grudge match between myself man utd Vs Liverpool. My defense is cut open twice and the clinical Fernado Torres scores two goals, half time and the Mancs down 2-0. All over surely? Well in 70th Minute up pops Veloso to pull back one and the barrage begin. A corner for liverpool, and they strangely bring their center defenders up, 10 Minutes left and their game. Vidic wins a powerful header, the ball breaks for Rooney who plays one two with Kroos, and his through on goal in the penalty box at a slight angle from the right hand side. Now usually here you expect a player, specially Rooney to lash it across the keeper and the set up a tense 5 minutes. But no, what he does instead is pass back, yes pass back to Veloso who is on the edge of the box. He subsequently is caught in position. I couldn't believe it. Robbed, within seconds the final whistle blows. Only consolation I suppose was it was the League cup.

I beat Barcelona 6-0 in the Super Cup at the beginning of the 4th season with Sunderland. If only you could see my face as each goal flew in. They had a good first team out (Valdez was the only absentee)
I will dig up the screenie and I swear on my life I did not cheat, I know it sounds suspicious but I then proceeded to lose twice in a row to Man Utd who finished the year in 8th

Was winning 3-0 v Notts County, 3 minutes injury time, and in the 92nd minute Ade Akinbiyi, who got 6 as long shots, scores 3 thirty five yards goals. That is not only odd but impossible for Ade, as he can't hit a pig's *** with a banjo from 1 yard, let alone a hat-trick of 35 yards screamers. To make it worst, and from that moment I started hating Sports Interactive, the goals happen within 40 seconds?????! 3-1 - 92.12 mnt, 3-2 - 92.33 mnt 3-3 - 92.52 mnt

ive had an own goal ruled out for being offside oO) - Twice.

ive had an own goal ruled out for being offside oO) - Twice.
That is certainly odd and shows some unique offical decisions.

Loving the stories I am reading, keep them coming in :)

I signed 45 year old Jean-Pierre Papin for my Hong Kong First Division club Tai Po. Well if you know football you know Papin. Capped 50 times and scored 30 goals for France and was a European stud. Well he managed for a bit but came back to play. For some random reason he was called up to France for the World Cup and even scored. A 46 year old. In the World Cup. Go figure

I'm guessing this is on your thread sirvalkyeire??

its weird to think we're all still up on fm-base even at this time in the morning... i've been up since 10:00am!!! (I know im that sad!!)
anyway, i just played a match then, i was argyle, winning 1-0 vs scunthorpe, 88th munute equalizer, last minute of stoppage time, their striker scores!!

that has happened to me countless times..winning 2-0 at half time end up drawing 2-2 with the last minute goal

yep, happens to me loads and has done in my current season with argyle
nothing mor annoying, i wanna cry every time it happens but im mature enough to hold myself- just about.;)

Probably not the strangest thing but the most nerve-wracking. Back on my Sunderland save, I had finished my season by beating Liverpool 2-0 at home to lead the title race by 3 points with Arsenal to play their last game also against Liverpool 3 days later (Arsenal had superior goal difference.) So I watched the game and Liverpool took the lead in the 11th minute, all seems to be going well. Then Toulalan scores an absolute screamer from 35 yards to equalize, and proceeded to put pressure on Liverpool for the rest of the game. 81 mins in and Mascherano gets sent off for 2nd booking. 88 mins in, Eduardo gets clean through only to hit the post. 4 minutes of added time and my nails had magically disintergrated. 95 mins in, Amauri for Arsenal latches on to a through ball by Fabregas and slots it in the corner. I bury my face in my hands. I look up and the goal was disallowed for offside. 96 mins, game over Sunderland win their first top division title in over 70 years.

In the words of the great Chris Kamara...Unbelievable Jeff!!!!!!

Paying Zinedine Zidane £2 a week. Thats double what Real Madrid are paying him on the first season. :$

yep, happens to me loads and has done in my current season with argyle
nothing mor annoying, i wanna cry every time it happens but im mature enough to hold myself- just about.;)

I'm notm I weep a river every time it happens to me..but saying that I just had a penalty given to me in 90+4 min after the team scored on 90+1 to level. So i guess it evens it out