DJLDomino

Reaction score
Can anyone help with either a good sub keeper, or a way of keeping the **** sub happy? I'm Bayern Munich and I've got Neuer as keeper, there's no way anyone is getting in ahead of him but I've been through the different subs as they all come to me saying they're not happy. I sign them all as back up so I assume they know the deal but regardless, after 6 months there they are again banging on the door :mad:

Any advice on keeping them happy?

I try to keep 2 good players for every position, including GK's, but then again i guess i'm weird... I just rotate everyone evenly throughout the season, and it's very rarely that anyone starts ******** :D

However, i can see it being hard benching Neuer :(

Get an old guy and set him as back up and if he gets unhappy sell him and replace him or just put one of your youth keepers on the bench every game.

It's all about setting expectations.

Ensure your keeper has the squad status "backup to the first team".

If he wants to leave, try loaning him out - it's very unlikely your first choice keeper will need resting. If he really wants to leave, let him go and grab yourself a free transfer. Adam Smithies is always going on a free, good back up.

I wouldn't advise buying a young wonderkid keeper, they never grow because you can't give them games. I'm 8 years in and I still use Reina, once he's retired I'll probably splash the cash on a replacement (like Hart perhaps).

If hes only backup and never going to play then selling and bringing in a new one each season shouldn't be a problem ;)

To keep them happy, every 6 or 7 games sub him on if you are winning, even if its only the 2 mins of extra time, it should keep him sweet

and if you play them in cup games then it tends to keep them happy.

Set every keeper bar Neuer to 'Available to play for reserve team', so they're at least getting games. But yeah, there isn't really a solution to this, especially if you've got someone of Neuer's calibre.

I wouldn't advise buying a young wonderkid keeper, they never grow because you can't give them games.
[FONT=宋体]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT]​

I try to keep 2 good players for every position, including GK's, but then again i guess i'm weird... I just rotate everyone evenly throughout the season, and it's very rarely that anyone starts ******** :D

However, i can see it being hard benching Neuer :(

Not weird at all mate, best idea really imo. It keeps all the players fresh and relatively injury free as well as giving them enough game time. For me a back up keeper is always best to have as someone who is happy as a back up (someone that is not a hot prospect as mentioned above). Along with this, always make them available for the reserves.

I'm approaching the end of the second season with Liverpool and Doni is about to be released on a free. I was thinking of replacing him with Smithies to get an extra HG spot but he's never complained despite playing like 3 games a season. Should I let him go or resign him? Would Smithies complain?

I usually use my back up keeper in domestic cup games and a few home game`s against lower league sides a season and that usually keeps them happy.

I wouldnt use the same keeper in every single game mate, they will need a rest

I wouldnt use the same keeper in every single game mate, they will need a rest
You'd be surprised as if you play the same keeper every match even through a heavily congested fixture list they will be fully fit the next match.

I signed Smithies, he's a great free signing, however, you need to give him games against weaker sides otherwise he'll complain. He's young and after leaving my club he went on to be the England #1, so he was right to hand in a transfer request and grow/gain first team experience elsewhere.