suggestions for strengthing my squad- Real Madrid

• Thread starter Thread starter Blueboi5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

Blueboi5

Reaction score
i have just started a new game with real madrid and i am wondering of who to sell and to buy also i have 48 mill, if u cant remember the team here it is..
casillas dudek

cannavaro meltezeder M.torres ramos heinze pepe salgado marcelo

de la red diarra gago robben sneijder higuain guti van der vart

raul saviloa van nisteroory

Is Huntelaar arrivining in Jan?
If he is you should sell of Saviola and bring in Vela, Srna or any World Class Mid / Wingers (:

de rossi,cristiano ronaldo,tevez...and my advice is to buy experienced players because are more useful than the youngers,the youngers are inconstant!

buy Cristiano Ronaldo, or i'd say go for your typical attacking midfielder and buy xavi

Xavi is an attacking midfielder.

He is'nt he holds the midfield.
Look at the Barca midfield!
They play like this
------------Xavi---------

Messi------Iniesta----Hleb

Or alternatively (and normally away)
--------Xavi-------Toure

Messi-------Iniesta-------Hleb

And in the Spain team

---------Senna-----Xavi---------

Iniesta---------------------Silva

This is a Football Manager forum. In Football Manager, he is an attacking midfielder. In real life, he is versatile.

Xavi is a Gerrard type player,he can play anywhere in the midfield with ease.He can play def Mid very well but i think he prefers to be more advanced.Anyway he'd never leave barca to go to Real madrid,not even in FM.

wingers wingers wingers!!! no point having two of the best poachers ever (raul and ruud) unless you can provide quality balls in from the wings, because lets face it, ruud and raul arent gonna be scurrying after through balls or weaving past players with the pace of saviola are they? srna is versatile, and a good bet, but hes only a midfield right not an AMR (i think). youve got robben, so you need a right winger to match.

ronaldo springs to mind but its unlikely, especially on v9.2.0. other more affordable alternatives include giovani dos santos, quaresma (although he is inconsistent) joaquin, simao, jesus navas, and mauro camoranesi.
you could look to cheap youth prospects, but this might be a risk, because if success is not instant with madrid then you usually dont have a job for long. great prospects that have the ability to perform instantly and improve rapidly when playing with world class players include: cesar villaluz, sotiris ninis, thiago neves, and antonio valencia.

also sell diarra and promote javi garcia from castilla. hes quality. possibly sell higuain and salgado (depends how much u want to have quality backup or rely on youth for copa del rey games etc)

if you do sell higuain, or feel that alberto beuno (of castilla) is not good enough backup then another striker is a good idea. ruud and raul are getting older so injuries are likely. everyone will recomend all the wonderkids like pato, vela, saivet etc etc. but although they are quality, they are too similar to saviola (ie small, technical, speedy players) you need more physical presence up front to complement saviola (obviously this is all elementary if ruud and raul stay fit). my pick is robert lewandowski of lech. he wont mind sitting on the bench all season and develops into a world class targetman. he becomes incredible in the air and very strong. but still with a great first touch and finishing.

if you cant acquire good enough wingers, then dont neglect your current squad. packing the middle of the park with three world class players in guti, van der vaart and sneijder with a holding player (gago, de la red, javi garcia) behind is a good tactic. but this does not accomadate robben so he may become unhappy.

hope this helps!!

Tbh, real already have a good squad, maybe a few younger players to support those members who are getting on a bit in years like Cannavaro and Raul. Id suggest a right winger as you already a have a capable left side in both Marcelo and Robben. Nani would be my preferred choice as is just as good as Ronaldo, except he is more affordable and is better at both corners and crossing. And his potential will only make this better. Likewise think about a younger striker. You've got Higuain but Ruud and Raul are both over 30.

and in regards to Xavi, even in FM2009 he'd be betr in behind the midfield with Iniesta and Messi in front of him. Versatile yes but more effective sitting in the middle looking for the right passes and breaking up attacks.

Last edited:
Here is what I would do if I was managing Real Madrid on fm09:

Sell:
Salgado(Way past it)
Saviola(If Huntelaar comes)

Buy:

Mandanda(For backup to Casillas) or Rene Adler,Marco Amelia and Sergio Asenjo
all these are rated to be stars.
ive got a striker called oscar cardozo with amazing stats and will bring the goals
also a midfielder called simon vukcevic who is a magician with the ball and only
young.

Hello luke its joe and good advice what have you found and any new downloads:D

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

oh and all man09's suggestions were from me and i have more suggested stars if
needed just message(6)

absolutly you must sell saviola.I am playing with real madrid now.I finished first season and ı won european champions league and second of the La liga.I buy pogrebnyak for replace to saviola.

yes he's a good goal scorer also if your a championship team then get marquinhos and robert lewandowski, im sheff united and they've both got around 30 goals, also there is someone called mark beevers (a future star)

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

hi luke its Joe and ive got new downloads have you downloaded anything.

Back