Acceleration vs. Pace

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 12K
I

iNickStuff

What's the difference between the two and,if so,which is better/which would you prefer?

accelaration is how quickly the player can get up to their top speed. Pace is their top speed. A combination of both is preferable. But if i had to choose i would choose acceleration

Acceleration helps players (Wingers/Full-Backs especially) with a quick burst of speed to take it around their marker.

i normally quite like my pace being the more prominent stat out of the two :D

acceleration isn't that noticeable in the match engine, but you can see pace. you also rarely get players with high pace and low acceleration, so i think it's a relatively pointless stat.

a difference of 4-6 is most likely alot of the time the case between the two stats, so there is definately some relavance for it otherwise SI would never had had the two.

for eg. i just bough Yohan Mollo (1st time in Fm10) his pace is 13 and acc is 17, he is quick but not fast yet.

yeh high acceleration low pace is a common combo, but i don't notice much difference from players like that and players with average marks in both.

Acceleration is quite important when you know how to combine different roles like, play a striker and play balls into his feet then he either lays it back and spins into the whole for space to recieve the next pass, or recieve the ball spin and catch the defender off guard. Acceleration plays a big part in that and of course First touch.

Another example i could use is, your two upfront pairings big(TM) and small(Poacher/AV) your target man flicks a header on and your other striker will need pick up speed alot quicker to latch onto it get me?

Your question: I prefer Acceleration easily.

Last edited:
If you have a guy with 19 pace and 5 acceleration, it will take him the entire pitch to reach full speed.

If you have a guy with 5 pace and 19 acceleration, he will run full speed immediately, but will still eat turtle dust.

A combination of 20-20 works best <)

From personal experience, Acceleration is more important than Pace. A guy in my class can run the 100M in 11.5 seconds, my fastest time is a touch over 12 seconds. He has superior acceleration to me but I have a better top speed, but due to the distance, I can never get close enough because he has built up a big enough gap at the start. Over 200M however I can beat him because his top speed is inferior to mine and there is sufficient distance for me to use my superior pace. On a football pitch, I would say acceleration is better but pace is very handy for counter attacking football