Super Bowl XLVI

• Thread starter jmoser
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 4K
J

jmoser

matchup_3col_120203.JPG

Patriots vs Giants. Kickoff at 6:30pm EST, and predrinking starts after lunch (or 11:30 GMT and after dinner, respectively). NBC has exclusive coverage in America, no idea how the GB audience will be watching. The biggest single sporting event in the world outside of the World Cup Finals, figured it deserved it's own thread for discussion. So yeah...

My thoughts: If Super Bowl XLII tought us anything it's that trying to predict the outcome of this game is near impossible. I'm a patriots fan, live up in New England, former season ticket holder, yada yada yada. So I'm biased but I think the Patriots can win this. The D stepped up big last game and secured the win. We will need the same tomorrow, but that's what is making me nervous, you never know what to expect from the D. The Offense was lackluster to say the least, but give Brady and Belichick two weeks to scheme, and I back them to bounce back in a big way. Slowing the Giants pass rush will be key. We'll just have to wait and see what happens though.

Goin for a 27-24 OT win for the Giants. Brady has to improve, and the Pats D has to pressurise Manning. And shut down Cruz

This could be one of the closest Superbowls in history. Could be a classic. BBC1 coverage in the UK.

Right i am confused why does the game stop every couple of minutes and go back to the BBC studio?

Right i am confused why does the game stop every couple of minutes and go back to the BBC studio?

Advertisements. And I have to say-Mike Carlson is wasted on the Beeb. It's making me cringe. Along with Madonna during the half time show.

Advertisements. And I have to say-Mike Carlson is wasted on the Beeb. It's making me cringe. Along with Madonna during the half time show.

Adverts? lol

so its baiscally like Sky Spts going to a break every few minutes in a live football game? lol

Adverts? lol

so its baiscally like Sky Spts going to a break every few minutes in a live football game? lol

Pretty much. This type of an event is an advertisers wet dream basically lol

Completely agree. The Beeb have never seemed to cover the game as well as C4 did in the eighties.

Completely agree. The Beeb have never seemed to cover the game as well as C4 did in the eighties.

Defo. They knew what they were talking about and made it easier to understand-but without treating audiences like primary school kids. And of course it helped when one of the hosts was a kicker for the Falcons lol

Pretty much. This type of an event is an advertisers wet dream basically lol

Tbh It would do my head in if I was watching this as you surely cant get into the match with a break every 5 minutes.

I think to get more people in the UK involved more in American football the Beeb should have a weekly show from the start of the season. Just having the Superbowl on once a year and alot of people cant follow or learn from one game. Thats why I loved C4 they covered in depth.

Tbh It would do my head in if I was watching this as you surely cant get into the match with a break every 5 minutes.

When I first started watching it, it was like WHAT THE **** MAN?! lol. Now, it's a chance to have a snack, get a root beer or whatever. Even a bog break lol. Or if you're a nerd like me-go over the game stats :$

I think to get more people in the UK involved more in American football the Beeb should have a weekly show from the start of the season. Just having the Superbowl on once a year and alot of people cant follow or learn from one game. Thats why I loved C4 they covered in depth.

Even C5 did a good job tbh-obviously not as good as C4 used to, but it was enjoyable. Same with the baseball coverage. Was gutted when they disappeared. Thank god for the internet lol

Though I should also say there also breaks if there's injuries/multiple injuries. More serious the injury, longer the break. Worst I saw was in 1990-1991 season. A Detroit Lions player (Mike Utley) was blocking someone and got injured-was permantly paralysed the waist down. Horrible.

The coverage over in the UK dropped dramaticaly. I used to get the First Down paper each week as well then all of a sudden that went out of circulation. As you quoted ajt09 it is a good job for the internet.

The coverage over in the UK dropped dramaticaly. I used to get the First Down paper each week as well then all of a sudden that went out of circulation. As you quoted ajt09 it is a good job for the internet.

God I remember that. And the magazines too. John Menzies made quite a bit of cash out of me back then lol

Wow-the Giants have held the ball for over 19 minutes. Just like the Giants of old. Perfect game plan. Keep Brady off the field. Also keeps the D fresh aswell.

Wow-the Giants have held the ball for over 19 minutes. Just like the Giants of old. Perfect game plan. Keep Brady off the field. Also keeps the D fresh aswell.

Thats alot of game time. The Pats have to really change their plan around in the second half to turn this around.

Penalties are killing them aswell. Lost someone for the game with a torn calf-can't remember who though.