Sven Goran Eriksson named new Leciester City boss.

Joneesy

CHAMPI2NS
Reaction score
article-0-09AC5894000005DC-354_468x286.jpg

Sven Goran Eriksson is back in English football after agreeing to replace Paulo Sousa at Leicester City.
In a remarkable move by the Championship's bottom club, Sousa was sacked on Friday after just nine league games in charge.
Chief executive Lee Hoos then held talks in London with former England coach Eriksson to formalise a two-year deal. The decision has provoked scathing criticism from the League Managers' Association.

It is understood that Eriksson was first approached prior to Leicester's midweek defeat at Norwich with the club's hierarchy stunned into action by last Friday's 6-1 loss at Portsmouth.
Sousa, 40, was left bewildered after revealing he had held talks with club officials on Wednesday, when he was told the club was backing him for the long-term and chairman Milan Mandaric went public in his support.
Sousa, who signed a three-year contract in July, said: 'To be sacked after being told that there was a long-term strategy at the club and after only nine games in charge is something that I find very surprising.

More Here.

---

Feelings? How will be do?

Last edited:
Very good appointment. As long as his secretary doesn't have ze *** appeal.

Anyone know the odds on him to be gone by Christmas?

Likes to spend, don't know whether Leicester have the funds....

heard they were in talks and **** me haha. Anyone know how much they are paying him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sven has a job XD

But seriously, i think he'll do well, then resign because the board won't give him funds to spend on players in Jan.

He'll be out before the season is over.

I would've gone for Will1981 myself

Excellent appointment, most people know i really like him. Dont know why you think hes so **** Ben.

Wow...I feel bad for Sousa to be sacked after all the reassurance by the board.

Excellent appointment, most people know i really like him. Dont know why you think hes so **** Ben.

We will see eh.. Time will tell :)

Not on the clubs website or BBC.

Will reopen if it proves to be true.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:24 AM ----------

Now it's official. I'll re-open.

Absolute joker, I've just put ten quid on him to not be in charge at the end of the season.

joke really, but after so many managers i think 11 in last year (joke) i think it was sven next in line. after he gone probably Venables next.