Tabs 4-2-2-2 (liverpool) 32 games unbeaten so far.

Terry Bethell

Reaction score
Hi there.

I have made a follow up to my last tactic Tabs 4-3-3 (liverpool). Link below.
Tabs 433 (liverpool) - Downloads - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats - FM-Base am having good success with this new tactic so far. I'm 24 games into the season and so far unbeaten. Also unbeaten in the cups so far to. That makes it 32 games unbeaten so far. I have however drew a few to many games, but that was mostly at the start of the season and I seam to be getting a few more wins as the season progresses and the players have got used to the tactic.

PLEASE NOTE :- THIS TACTIC IS FOR 11.3 - ALSO IT USES THE TRANSFER UPDATE FROM WALLY13.
Wally's Update v13 11.3 summer update. (Link below)
Wally's Update v13 11.3 Summer Update 19/08/11 - Downloads - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats - FM-BaseAmazing transfer update. Thanks guys.

The tactic is 4-4-2 but with the wingers pushed up, so making it a 4-2-2-2 (see screen shots)
I have not made the tactic to complicated. It works well and I'm pleased with the style of football being played.
It is very realistic in the results I have been getting.

PLEASE SEE THE SCREEN SHOTS FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TACTIC.

View attachment 192844View attachment 192845View attachment 192846View attachment 192847View attachment 192848View attachment 192849

NOTE - I CHANGE THE ROLE OF THE RIGHT SIDED FORWARD DEPENDING ON WHO PLAYS THERE.SO CARROLL IS A TARGET MAN - ATTACK
KUYT IS A DEEP LYING FORWARD - ATTACK

FULLBACKS - AUTO.
RIGHT MIDFIELD - CENTRE MIDFIELD - ATTACK
LEFT MIDFIELD - BALL WINNING MIDFIELD - DEFEND
WINGERS - WINGER- SUPPORT
RIGHT FORWARD - TARGET MAN - ATTACK OR DEEP LYING FORWARD - ATTACK
LEFT FORWARD - POACHER.

I don't use touchline shouts, but that don't mean you can't.
Pitch size is not changed from what advised.
Assistant manager does the team talks and pre-match opposition instructions.

I ADDED THE TACTIC LAST NIGHT SO IF ITS NOT THERE AT THE MOMENT FOR DOWNLOAD IT SOON WILL BE. I WILL ADD THE LINK ONCE IT IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD.

PLEASE LEAVE FEED BACK AND LET ME KNOW HOW ITS DOING FOR YOU AND ANY OTHER TEAMS YOUR USING IT ON.

*****ATTENTION*****

MEDIAFIRE LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?625iw9c257pfb6r

Last edited:
a little more info is needed mate:

1) touchline shouts
2) pitch dimensions
3) assistant manager feedback

also quite a few draws there..

@ Raikan007 Yeah there are quite a few draws there mate, i did mention that in the post though. I don't use touchline shouts. Pitch dimensions is not changed from what is advised. And assistant manager does all the team talks and pre-match instructions. Like i said its a simple tactic and relies on the players natural will to win. Seems to be doing ok so far. 32 games unbeaten. Not many tactics out there that can match that. Apart from your own. I have used your tactics in the past, there good.

1) try playing the OT mate, especially with such a high defensive line!
2) closing down - stand off, marking - zonal
3) passing can be set to direct but default is also good
4) float crosses in for Carrol, Suarez can feed off the misses or head downs
5) untick time wasting so when you change strategy it alters it accordingly if you want to see out the rest of games....
6) untick counter attack as playing with a high d line does not give you that much space to work with on the counter and their players wont be so far into your half of the field to get the best out of the counter.. if you are playing vs Chelsea who have a quick forward (Torres) and slow defenders like Alex and Terry, play deep and play counter :)

shouts like "pass into space" and "exploit flanks" would work well in this tactic

Thanks for the tips mate. I will use them and try it and let you know how its doing.

@jamesybhoy1977 Thanks mate. I agree there taking there time with it. I posted the thread hoping that it would already be there to download. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

@willz1172 I'm waiting for FM-Base to approve the tactic. It should be ready in the morning. (uk time).

ATTENTION I HAVE UPLOADED THE TACTIC TO MEDIAFIRE.COM

ENJOY
P.S PLEASE LEAVE FEED BACK TO HOW YOUR DOING.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

hi terry how carrol an Suarez getting on for you

not bad mate. Suarez has 22 goals in 31 games. Carroll needs to improve he only has 8 goals in 23 games. His all round play is good though. He has 10 assists.

ATTENTION I HAVE UPLOADED THE TACTIC TO MEDIAFIRE.COM

ENJOY
P.S PLEASE LEAVE FEED BACK TO HOW YOUR DOING.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

not bad mate. Suarez has 22 goals in 31 games. Carroll needs to improve he only has 8 goals in 23 games. His all round play is good though. He has 10 assists.

Good man

@terrybathell This tactic did WELL!
As Plymouth I've played 45, won 20 drew 16 lost 9 GF 60 GA 20. Got to the FA Cup 4th round - lost 6-0 to Man U, Capital one cup Quarter finals. I find it to be a little negative... :/