Tactic without defender?

• Thread starter Thread starter Germaniac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3K

Germaniac

Reaction score
We have done a tactic without striker, but what about without defender? Have anyone got a tactic working without defender? I'm making one right now, but it's really weak when the opponent do a quick counter attack

We have done a tactic without striker, but what about without defender? Have anyone got a tactic working without defender? I'm making one right now, but it's really weak when the opponent do a quick counter attack

No kidding

@Germaniac- fair enough for a bit of a laugh, but i dont think it will ever work properly. Glad to be proved wrong and good luck with it but i cant see the point tbf.

Probably wouldn't work but if you have 2 or 3 DMs with highly defensive mentalities and a couple of defensive wingers or wing-back you might stick a chance but I wouldn't bet on it. You would also need a fluid philosophy and your players on support or defend duty if possible to ensure your players get back when defending.

Just wont work, regardless of approach since when attacking and loosing possession, a hoofed ball will mean a one-on-one

Yeah, I think it is called suicide.

Play without defender? Better I tweak my defender to run from deep and play like dm role and fb like wing role as WB , then play defend line extremely high.. It's seem like play w/o defend also. Anyway, have try!

Just wont work, regardless of approach since when attacking and loosing possession, a hoofed ball will mean a one-on-one

Maybe, maybe not. If you have 2 or 3 DMs with some good pace then because they will be playing so far up the pitch you would expect a lot of offsides against opposition strikers, and if they do get past your DMs then there will be plenty of distance left to catch up.

I could imagine you having some success with it IF you have some seriously pacy DMs, but never much success.

Maybe, maybe not. If you have 2 or 3 DMs with some good pace then because they will be playing so far up the pitch you would expect a lot of offsides against opposition strikers, and if they do get past your DMs then there will be plenty of distance left to catch up.

I could imagine you having some success with it IF you have some seriously pacy DMs, but never much success.

It does not matter if they have pace if they are 25 yards behind the FC, à FC with à pace if 5+

problem with playing 3 dms is that they will be on opponents half. opponent will always be onside as he will still be in his own half. have tried and seen this happen a million times.

Back