The Manchester United Thread

Pretty much pure domination for 90 mins. Not for Lloris and a bit more composure instead of trying to blast the net out of OT it could of been 6.

Easily best total performance under Erik. Not perfect but pretty close. Only real disappointment was Sancho. But even he did a some good things mainly without the ball.

There’s been a lot of big improvements in some players under EtH. Dalot, Shaw, DDG. Loving the CB partnership. Casemiro absolute WC!! Antony slowly coming out of his shell and taking players on.

Dutch managers have a habit of showing their balls to the team, so you don't want to be stuck in a backroom if it can be avoided.

That was a great performance.
Really enjoyed that.
Pivoting away from Ronaldo news, I concur with this.

This, in many ways, feels like Erik Ten Hag’s first United game. His blueprint was everywhere from front to back from playing out from the back competently to the 2-3-5 formation in possession to the organized and cohesive press. Even had both Shaw and Dalot inverting at times.

Mostly importantly, complete control from start to finish (how many times have you heard me say that?!). It would’ve been easy for heads to go down after the amount of chances we missed in the first half but we just kept going and eventually rewarded. Even after we scored the first goal, we created a really good chance shortly after the restart. Barely gave spurs a sniff (the Harry Kane chance was offside).

We’ve gotten wins against big sides but it’s all felt like a carry over of ole ball but yesterday’s performance was one fitting of a, dare I say it, a well drilled said tactically. Not saying it’s perfect or we’re world beater all of a sudden but this performance is encouraging. I’d still expect more tough hits this season and I still expect us to finish outside the top 4 but it’s a start

More of this please!

🤩🤩🤩

Laurie Whitwell

·
Cristiano will be banished from first-team squad after refusing to come on against Tottenham Hotspur. #MUFC statement confirms he won't be part of Chelsea squad.

@TheAthleticUK understands he won't train with seniors either until further notice.

Erik ten Hag's call.
Gotta give it to Erik. Man’s got balls of steel

He did the exact same thing to Amin Younes at Ajax who did exactly what Ronaldo did.

About a week later after his first removal ETH then fully removed him from the squad till the end of the season then he was out the door.
No disrespect to Younes but he’s not Ronaldo. Ten Hag would’ve suspended any other united player and we would’ve barely noticed but this is Ronaldo. The politics alone would’ve been enough to dissuade any manager from making those calls but it didn’t stop him.

This is the easy part of course. The hard part is when we go through a scoreless run of 2-4 games, will he stick to his guns and keep him out? You can imagine the calls from pundits (aka ex-united players) will only get louder

Last edited:
Assuming it's even true, it has all the hallmarks of club feeding friendly journos with bs story to try and force out a past-it player with big contract.