Aberdeen Save 2022

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

Ross County almost dragged us to another defeat but we held on to a draw around our other 4 wins to start the season

SPL

SPL.png

Champions League
CL Draw.png

Worst draw I've ever seen. Who the **** is the 4th tier of that gang?​

September

Fixtures
FIx.png

Hibs were the latest side to deny us a perfect month as we stuttered to a draw. 3 easy wins aside from that.

SPL
SPL.png

We are still 2nd behind Celtic who have only dropped points to the Dons. Our 3rd striker is our top SPL scorer.

Champions League
CL.png

Our first game in Europe since the Champions League final and we get instant revenge on the scouse republic of Liverpool

Scotland
Scot.png

Shambolic start to the Nations group with Dons players scoring against us in both humbling defeats.​

October

As soon as we move into our 47,000 stadium we request and get a extension for 56,278 for the start of next season.
Stadium.png

Fixtures
Fix.png

The Rangers game was very uneasy despite an early goal it's unusual of us to be holding onto a 1 goal lead for so long without conceding or getting a 2nd to be able to take it easy. Either way 4 wins from 4

SPL
SPL.png

A very bad month for the old firm had now moved us 5 points clear of Celtic and 11 clear of Rangers with less than a quarter of the season gone. The top scorers list makes for strange reading.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

We beat another Premiership team before making hard work of our easiest group game in Nice

Scotland
Scpts.png

We won the important game against Croatia to take the lead in the relegation battle before being embarrassed again​

November

Fixtures
Fix.png

Won the big game with Celtic before another stumble at Kilmarnock

SPL
SPL.png

Despite the draw, we move 8 points clear of ROSS COUNTY in 2nd place.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

A great result in Rome almost balances out the defeat in Madrid

Scotland
Scot fix.png

We came so close to getting a result against England but at least we beat Croatia to avoid relegation

At least we have Bavidge back for the world cup qualifiers
Bavidge back.png

December

Fixtures
fix.png

An easy run of results but i got caught up in the game and missed getting all the early action done in the transfer window. Now its going to cost us as i have the most amount of A+ players scouted ever.

SPL
SPL.png

Despite our fantastic run Celtic are only 4 points behind all be it but they have played 2 games more. Ross County has fallen off a cliff

League Cup Final
Aberdeen 3-0 Kilmarnock
League Cup final.png

Third League Cup final in a row and the first step towards a treble treble.

Champions League
CL.png

Another Premiership team was beaten and the bye to the last 16 is almost set.

World Cup Qualifier
Sco qualifying group.png

Harder than our actual Euro group​

January

Fixtures
FIx.png

No problems getting back to the domestic games after the winter break

SPL
SPL.png

Motherwell look goosed.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

Two wins and we bet the bye with ease. Our best group stage performance as a whole by a long long way.

CLTable.png

Transfer Window

SPL
transfers SPL Transfers.png

Celtic make a handful of clever signings more associated with how we used to operate.

Aberdeen

In
Don in.png

Roger Lopez - MC
In Roger lopez.png

Our weakest spot in the team needed an upgrade and i had a gem of a player from PSV making the move but Bayern swooped in and dragged him out of my hands and off to Munich. Lopez was my 3rd choice with the other spent almost half of January leading me on just to waste my time.

3 Youth players join for far bigger fees than we would usually consider
YOuth 1.png
YOuth 2.png
YOuth 3.png

Out
Dons out.png

Long-term midfielder Tugay Tan is moved on with late bids from both Spanish giants being made he ends up at Real who offered more. Weird how they didnt just spend an extra £10m to get a young Spanish player we ended up with. After arriving for free in the summer Tanganho only lasted 6 months on the bench.​

February

Fixtures
FIx.png

We somehow crammed 7 Scottish games into the shortest month of the year but won a lot of them while rotating through the squad and youth players

SPL
SPL.png

Were on the verge of the title and still unbeaten despite Ross County's efforts there. Rangers are having an abysmal season. We could end up with double their points

Champion League Last 16 Draw
Dortmund vs Aberdeen
CL Draw.png

We get to play a few former Dons that have made home in Germany with Dortmund​

Last edited:

March

Fixtures
Fix.png

The domestic winning run reaches 4 months where 3 bottom half teams were firmly pumped/

SPL
SPL.png

The biggest shock from this image is that Alfie Bavidge despite having started more games than Petrov & MacIver is nowhere on the scoring charts.

Champions League

Last 16
1st leg

Dortmund 0-2 Aberdeen
CL1.png

A straightforward win in Germany should be enough to get us into the last 8

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 2-0 Dortmund
Aberdeen win 4-0 on Agg
CL2.png

2 quick goals in the first half had us win the tie with ease.

Quarter Final Draw
Aberdeen vs AC Milan
CL Qf draw.png

The two longest shots face off

Scotland
World cup Qualifiers
Scotland.png

I prefer to play Gibraltar than the Nederlands who beat us with the winning goal in the last 10 minutes.​

April

Fixtures

Fix.png

The ridiculous domestic run goes on with the league title being won at Parkhead

SPL
SPL.png

Plenty of records to hunt down so we'll be putting out as strong a team as i can till the end of the season.

Champions League Quarter Final

1st leg
Aberdeen 4-0 Milan
CL1.png

Two games are pretty much decided after the first leg. Tottenham probably needed to take a win into the 2nd leg for the pleasure of a Semi-Final with Aberdeen

2nd leg
Milan 0-0 Aberdeen
Aberdeen win 4-0 on A
gg
CL 2.png

Rotated the team and they kept the unbeaten run going. Thriller in Madrid. Liverpool for us in the Semi-Finals.​

Last edited:

May

Fixtures
Fix.png

The SPL winning run will roll onto next season where there is little more to achieve in the league than a 100% winning season. I'm pretty sure this is the best ever SPL season i have ever had.

SPL
SPL.png

25 points was the gap in the end as Celtic get a points total that would have won titles at the start of the save. Rangers got back up to 3rd thanks to a pathetic collapse by Ross County who even miss the Europa League spot to Hibs and are joined by deserved 6th place team Dundee Utd.

Scottish Cup Final
Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen

Sco Cup final.png

The nerves were settled after 4 minutes by the best player in the league. We went on to score 3 and copy what Celtic did in 2017 and complete a perfect season domestically including a treble, record points, and the rest.

Champions League Semi-Finals

1st Leg

Liverpool 2-3 Aberdeen
CL1.png

Felt like we had the legs over the defending champions but they have made it closer than I'd like for the 2nd leg with Scalvini again scoring against us

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 5-0 Liverpool
Aberdeen win 8-2 on Ag
g
CL2.png

Stunning 2nd leg performance where every punch we gave knocked our most recent adversities in the biggest European contest further ending their hold on the European title. Either the Dons or Man Utd will be lifting the title this season.​

Champions League Final 2037

From State De France

StadeFranceNationsLeague2018.jpg

Aberdeen vs Man Utd

The Dons are in the final for the 3rd time in 4 seasons and after a strong last month of the season, we are 1 game away from a first-ever quadruple for the nation.
Manchester United reach the final for the first time in the save. Eric Ten Haug managed to win 1 Fa Cup and 1 League Cup in his 15 years at the club leaving in the summer to take over the Dutch national team. Pippo Inzagi has worked his cup magic again and has brought Man Utd to their bigger game in the save. One player survives in their team from day 1 of the save. Hannibal!

Aberdeen 3-2 Man Utd
CL Final.png

For the 2nd time, we are champions of Europe. Petkov once again opened the scoring but Man Utd was deservedly level just before half time. A rousing halftime chat inspired usual lead assist man Goni to put us back in the lead. The joy lasted less than a minute as our most expensive ever signing Lopez was sent off. after 5 months at the club and he didn't put a foot wrong till today. Man Utd quickly equalized and i was just setting up to put 5 at the back and play for penalties when recent England cap and Man Utd fan Armaan Singh arrived late in the box to power home what turned out to be the winning goal. The doors were quickly shut and much to my surprise we held off United for over half an hour to become 2-time European champions!​

End of Season 15

Scotland June Qualifiers
Scotland qualifiers.png

Last bit of news for the seasons. The stadium will be up to 65k for the start of the 38/39 season
Stadium expansion.png

SPL - Winner
SPL.png

Just like last season, we won the league by 25 points but this time Celtic had a far better season and we had to beat several records including a record points haul during unbeaten season, my first in the save. Rangers were the big disappointment of the season falling further back from Celtic. Surprised they have not looked at changing managers. Hibs are back in the top 4 where they belong with Ross County the other solid top 6 team and Dundee Utd got the wildcard spot. At the other end, Motherwell finished bottom as expected but with a record low points haul. and Kilmarnock as usual finished 11th. Getting a bit repetitive here. Their replacements will be Dundee returning after a 3 season run in the championship.

Playoffs
Kilmarnock 1-0 Inverness
SPL PLayoff.png

Killie survive again but it was close where Inverness just fall short of being a Motherwell level of Yoyo team

Managers
SPL Managers.png

Lee Johnson's 8-year run with St Mirren. Rob Holding did what he could with Killie. Can he get St Mirren back into the top 6?

In Europe
Celtic
were unlucky not to play us in the Champions League Quarter-final losing to Milan in the last 16 by the odd goal.
Rangers were having a good run in the Europa League but should be disappointed to have lost to Sparta Prague in the last 16
Hibs also had a great run in the Europa Conference until they lost tragically to AaB in the last 16
Ross County failed to get through the Conference qualifiers

Champions League Final
Aberdeen 3-2 Man Utd

CL Final.png

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

How the **** do you choose a no1 from this? Ajayi is now 4*, more of an all-rounder with more clean sheets but Dussart is better at distributing but is only a 3*. Both have 5* potential and have signed long-term extensions so if i get an over-the-top bid i could sell one but the plan is to do the same next season and split the games but use Ajayi as the 1A and Dussart 1B.

Defense
Squad Def.png

Our new back 4 was quickly settled apart from De Dalco the right back missing a few months with injuries. Munro had a terrible end to the season after being ahead of Gelmark earlier in the season. Baxter proves to be the best back up and Loune has been looking for a move for almost 12 months now gets his wish.

Midfield
Squad midfield.png

A real mash-up of the rest of the squad in our overfilled midfield. Singh is the star of the midfield and needs to stay. Alongside him in the middle Lopez has not met expectations yet but is doing better than homegrown Lowndes who would have no chance of staying if he wasn't a young Scottish player as he was outplayed by new midfielder Vilanueva. Both wings have a great competition going on. Goni far outplayed Tuzakov who got almost as many assists despite making most of his appearances off the bench. On the left Bakardzhiev reacted to my big purchase of Roudaut with both putting in very similar performances and they like the keepers will continue to fight for the starting spot.

Attack
Squad attack.png

Bavidge was a clear 3rd best forward this season while Petkov & MacIver excelled in less playing time. I have no idea how i will work through this next season unless someone puts in a £200m bid for Petkov who had one of the best individual Scottish seasons ever. As 4th striker GOchev is another talented Bulgarian who must have a decent national team since they had 3 regular players from the Dons. Ewing is in a tough spot to keep his spot in the squad.

Players for life

Bradley Cummings - DC

P334 G18
Star ******* DC.png

The wonderkind is now a man leading the defense for club & country and has just signed a long-term extension

Owen Munro - DL
P288 G1
Star Munro.png

The running joke of Munro not scoring has another strike. Had a brilliant first 3/4 of the season then were a liability despite us winning the quadruple. The position is more than likely safe but in severe danger.

Krasimir Bakardzhiev - ML
P368 G43
Star Kras bak ML.png

The Bulgarian winger responded to the challenge of me spending £60m to replace him with the best season at the club. Will have to keep up the work to see if he can hold of the incumbent

Alfie Bavidge - ATT
P713 G534
Star AT bavidge.png

The club legend had an awful season. So bad in fact he only has 1 season on record as bad as that. When he was 16 years old in the saves 1st season. Hopefully, it was just a down year.

Rankings

Club Ranking - 2nd
Rankings clubs.png

A second European title has us flying up to be the 2nd best team in Europe

National League - 6th
Rankings league.png

No change in position but we're now right on the tails of a top 4 spot.

National Team ranking - 14th
Rankings national.png

I think this is as high as our rise can go. 13th is the highest we have ever been so if we can jump higher than that it would be amazing.

Awards

Player of the Year
Andy MacIver
Award player of the year.png

Had to laugh that the award goes to MacIver rather than Petkov who won the golden boot, broke the record for a man of the match after only playing 24 games and winning the golden boot.

Young Player of the Year
Andy MacIver
Award young player.png

Andy was robbed of his shot at the golden boot with an injury towards the end of the season. Would be surprised if he doesn't win this again next season

Top Scorer
Dimitar Petkov
Awards top scorer clean sweep.png

More goals than games. Petkov really came of age this season.

Team of the Year
Award team.png

What's happened to France in your game??

7th in the coefficients!

I had Scotland 3rd for 2 years on my save thanks to Motherwell and Celtic doing superb but back down to 6th, seems like a step too far getting Scotland in the top 4 for good..

What's happened to France in your game??

7th in the coefficients!

I had Scotland 3rd for 2 years on my save thanks to Motherwell and Celtic doing superb but back down to 6th, seems like a step too far getting Scotland in the top 4 for good..

coef.png

Portugal is the Key. Benfica are still the top dogs but Porto are just ahead of Gil Vicente & Estoril & Chaves have all flown past them and have had major successes in Europe

Scotland has the Dons and the Old Firm keeping Scotland up there while Hibs are the only other side contributing

PSG dropping their points total while the other French teams are doing rubbish compared to the Scottish & Portuguese teams.​

Alright, folks. after winning a 2nd and Champions League i took a break from the game as i had a very busy month in August and now that we are back on top of things best of kids to be back at school and out of my hair i am in the process of the biggest summer transfer window Aberdeen has ever seen.

Season 16
Aberdeen 2037

Unbeaten in the league with record points, won all 4 competitions. Game over then? Nope, we rebuilt got stronger, and go again.

A far from perfect start to the summer as we are far from perfect as the World Club cup running while our players are still on summer holidays.
World Club cup.png

Squad
The board yet again requested we spend the budget and this year i decided to do so so we start the season with over £300m in new players as i spent big to fix the weaknesses in my squad. Unlike last season we get the squad down to the magic 25 players and our only weakness is the 4th CB.

Goalkeepers
squad GK.png

Last year i gave Dussart the no 1 job in the league and Ajayi in the cup. Everything except the star rating suggested i was doing this the wrong way around. Now the star rating is telling me Ajayi is the man so he is no1 and Dussart is no2 for Domestic cups and backups until someone puts in a bid on him.

Defense
squad def.png

We would have a returning back 4 if it wasn't for the board encouraging me to spend. I went out and bought the best left back interested in joining Aberdeen Luis Villareal for £57m. At 27 he's in the prime of his career and puts Munro into being the backup. Youngsters Sekulic & Ridsdale are promoted to the 1st team. Far too early for Ridsdale but i was left with no choice as nobody would take him on loan.
squad def 1.png

Midfield
squad mid.png

I have made a huge mess in the middle of the park. I was offered our best-ever player Ramiro Martinez back by his agent for his £107m minimum fee meaning he joined Arsenal as a good player. Developed into the best AM in the game and we bought him back for a £2m loss. The worst part is he was not needed. Singh & Lopez are class players and one will need to leave in the next 12 months, i hope Lopez who i will struggle to forgive for almost costing us the Champions League final. Lowndes is a career player but will be getting so little football as also ahead of him is 5* wonderkid Andres Alvarez who could turn out to be better than all of these players. Now that is out of the way, Goni remains the starting MR with Senese joining the 1st team as backup. The left win was not a problem with 2 quality players already in Bakharzhiev & youngster Roudaut who i recently bought for £60m. So there is no reason to spend another £74m is there? As wrekless as it looks there is no real gain to signing Guner except a potential big raise in a future fee. I will be comparing the 3 who will all get similar playing time to see who becomes one by the end of the season.

squad mid 1.png
squad mid 2.png

Strikers
Squad ATT.png

This is probably as weak a front 4 as we've had in years. Liverpool made the most ridiculous offer in my life to take Petrov away so we lose our lead forward but all it really means is MacIver is starting a year or so earlier than planned and we'll go back to a front 2 after 18 months of playing a front 3.

Transfer Window

SPL
SPL Transfers.png

Celtic and Rangers refresh their squads. Dundee Utd & Hearts sell their best players. I worry more for Hearts after 3 bottom-half finishes they could be in trouble this year.

Aberdeen

In
Dons in 1.png
dons in 2.png

Youth

Youth 1.png
Youth 2.png
Youth 3.png
Youth 4.png

Out
Dons out 1.png
Dons out 2.png

As i said above we lost our best forward to Liverpool for £210m. He did just have a domestic season relatable to Larsson at his best while leading the strike force to European glory. It blows my mind that We got almost £100m for a player but to go over £200m is insane to me.

Elsewhere backups Gelmark, Nuyts, and Loune were sold off to clear up space for the youth players. Youngsters Pelaez, Machado & Sebastian were sold for the traditional big profits.

Here's what a £210m player looks like
Out Petkov 200m.png

And on a slight tangent, he isn't even close to the biggest transfer of the save.
most expensive 2.png

August

Fixtures
Fixtures.png

The Dons make a stonking start. Kilmarnock had a red card early on

SPL
SPL.png

Ayr are the stand-out team. Bavidge is the stand-out player with almost half the goals he scored last season in the 1st month.

Champions League Draw
CL Games.png

Man City and PSG then a slight drop off to say the least.

Super Cup
Watford 1-3 Aberdeen
SUper Cup.png

From a 2023 real life perspective Is this the weakest final in the quality of teams? Only the World Club cup missing from the collection. At this point in time we hold every other trophy we possibly could. The three domestic trophies. Champions League & Super Cup​

September

Fixtures
Fix.png

A perfect month despite a few scares away from Hibs. In the league cup with Ross County, we played a backup team and just sneaked through with a late goal. A theme we took into Europe

SPL Table
SPL.png

7/7 and Celtic are right behind. Hearts demise down the table in the last 4 years may finally have caught up with them and see them in real trouble this time.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

Two wins but we could just as easily be sitting on 2pts if it wasn't for very late goals in both difficult games. It wasn't without loss as Alfie Bavidge picked up his first significant injury against Man City and will miss 2-3 months with a hip injury.

Scotland
Scotland.png

We had definitely got the goal difference on our side, Need to beat Holland at Hampden next month.​

October

Fixtures
FIx.png

5 wins in the league and only Rangers caused us any worries

That lets us break the unbeaten run record now 74. The winning run is at an even more ridiculous 36 games
league unbeaten record.png

SPL
SPL.png

League form remains perfect but Celtic are right on our tails well clear of the pack. Rangers down in 7th can say the same.

Champions League
CL.png

One game against the bottom team and we thrashed the Cypriat team

Scotland
SCotland.png

We retake the lead at the top of the table and both Scotland & Netherlands have to travel to Wales in the last international break. Will this group have 1 more twist?​